• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancestry of the prophet

farouk

Code:
[quote="J2hapydna, post: 3701730"]What are you trying to say? Are you seriously trying to suggest that the Arabic language doesn't have the capability to clearly communicate idea such as, a prophet from the seed (progeny) of Ishmael will be born in the future?[/quote]

Peace to the seekers of truth.
No..no...no J2hapydna that is not what i said.You are making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.
What I am saying to you is the word “shaab” could not be used at the time when Prophet Abraham and Prophet Ishmael(PBBUT) prayed because there was no tribe.The word “shaab” could only be used in their prayers if there was a tribe.Now enough for the word “shaab” and lets go direct to the Noble Quraan for your proof and see what word was used for seed(progeny).
The proof is in exactly the same verse that I gave you previously.
Sura 2 verse 128

2_128.png
Transliteration
“Rabbana wajAAalnamuslimayni laka wamin thurriyyatina ommatanmuslimatan laka waarina manasikana watubAAalayna innaka anta attawwabu arraheem”
First and foremost my appologies for stating the word “ommatan” to mean offspring which is incorrect.The correct word for “our offspring” is “thurriyyatina”.In Arabic “na” means “our” and “thurriyyati” means “offspring”.
You can verify the meaning by going to the ff link..
Google Translate

Google Translate
I have zoomed into the word inside the box so that you can read the arabic word more clearly.
ذرية

Translateration
“thurriyyati”

Hence weather you the words seed ,progeny,decendents or offspring it really makes no difference because it all means the same.Hence all the ff translators are all correct.
Sahih International
“Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful”.
Muhsin Khan
"Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik (all the ceremonies of pilgrimage - Hajj and 'Umrah, etc.), and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful”.
Pickthall
“Our Lord! And make us submissive unto Thee and of our seed a nation submissive unto Thee, and show us our ways of worship, and relent toward us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Relenting, the Merciful”.
Yusuf Ali
"Our Lord! make of us Muslims, bowing to Thy (Will), and of our progeny a people Muslim, bowing to Thy (will); and show us our place for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful”.
Shakir
“Our Lord! and make us both submissive to Thee and (raise) from our offspring a nation submitting to Thee, and show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully), surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful”.
Dr. Ghali
“Our Lord, and make us (both) Muslims (i.e. surrendered) to You, and of our offspring a nation Muslim to You, and show us our rituals and relent towards us; surely You Ever You are The Superbly Relenting, The Ever-Merciful”.

Hence from the above verse we can confirm that the prayers(dua) of both father Abraham and son Ishmael(PBBUT) have been answered by the appearace of Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH).Note nobody ever claimed to be a Prophet before the apperance of Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH) in the whole of Arabia and there was no one in the whole of Arabia, that came after the death Prophet Ishmael(PBBUB),that taught the Arabs how to pray(bow to the will of almighty) and how to perform the pilgrimage rites except Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH).
Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH) fulfilled the prayers of both Prophet Abraham and Prophet Ishmael(PBBUT) and hence he was definately from progeny,seed,decendent and offspring of both father and son.

Hoping that the above answers your concerns and if you have any more concerns then you are welcome to ask.
Peace
Farouk