• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Analysis of Roman Catholicism

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just say that the issue of "divine inspiration" is highly conjectural because there are various concepts dealing with that concept, plus there really is no solid evidence that anything is "divinely inspired". However as a belief, that's fine. No Christian denomination, including the RCC, considers a statue to be divine. However, it might be considered "holy", as that word actually means "special" in a context such as this, but in the RCC tradition statues are not to be prayed to.

I read the thread concerning whether or not RC is valid, and the various postings concerning this topic. We have to consider the validity of RC....is it Christian, or not?

One of the ten commandments, is, "Thou shalt have no gods before me."

Jesus told us, that we don't know how to pray, and thus, He gave us The Lord's Prayer. If you note, The Lord God Almighty, is the only one who we pray to. Jesus, Himself, never instructed us to pray to Himself, so we must glorify the Lord God Almighty, only. Compare this to the RC religion, where they create their own man-made 'saints', pray to them and to Mary, assuming they will provide intercession to God. This is against scripture. We know that The Holy Ghost makes intercession for us, and asking God for things in Christ's name, will provide intercession.

John 14:21-23 is an interesting set of scriptures. Do you know of any minister who has experienced this scripture [personal manifestation of (seeing) Christ]? These scripture verses are real/true. I have experienced them, and much more. Others have also.

Taking into account the above, should we not seek wisdom from God, directly, instead of allowing any minister to 'represent' us? Just a thought!
In my opinion, the RC does practise idolatry when it authorises prayers to saints. Anything or anyone that comes before God is idolatry. For instance, someone might attend the football match or the cricket instead of Sunday worship, I would class that as idolatry. If anything is more important to you than God, then that is wrong. We are commanded:-

Matthew 22:37-39 (KJV)
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

And we cannot do that if we are putting other things first.

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Your question about John 14:21-23 is fundamental to all Christians. You will know that you are a Christian because Christ is at work in you, giving you a new perspective on life. He will give you new desires for instance, of wanting to study the Scriptures, attend Church, fellowship with other believers, a concern for those who are lost.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The irony is that Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox agree on probably 90+% of their beliefs but end up arguing over the -10%. Oh well-- human nature, I guess.