• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anal sex

Anal sex

• I have engaged in anal sex and liked it

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • I have not engaged in anal sex but would like to try it

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I have not and would not like to engage in anal sex

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I have engaged in anal sex and would not like to do it again

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Obsydian

Well-Used Member
That’s funny. It reminded of a time when I was having a loud argument with a woman in public. We were walking and arguing, but I had an injury which made it painful to walk, so I grabbed her shoulders and asked her to stop walking and sit with me.

Someone saw this, assumed possible harassment, and called the police.

Later, after the police grilling, she made the joke “I should have told them you are much rougher with me when we are having sex, ha ha”.
Now you know to never have sex in public.

Skwim

Veteran Member

The issue of whether or not women actually enjoy anal sex sometimes comes up, and although it's rarely addressed in studies, I did find one reputable source that has done research on it: the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a United States governmental agency.

It found there are six main reasons women have anal sex:

1) Desire to avoid vaginal sex (on period, discharge)
2) To please her partner
3) Woman's own desire for anal sex
4) Quid pro quo. Money or drugs in exchange for anal sex
5) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
6) No consent. Coercion. Did not know she could refuse​

"49% described situations where the women engaged in anal intercourse because they desired it. In some of these cases, women simply described engaging in anal intercourse because they personally enjoy it: "
source

And, of course, this doesn't mean that those in some of the other categories didn't enjoy it.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

The issue of whether or not women actually enjoy anal sex sometimes comes up, and although it's rarely addressed in studies, I did find one reputable source that has done research on it: the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a United States governmental agency.

It found there are six main reasons women have anal sex:

1) Desire to avoid vaginal sex (on period, discharge)
2) To please her partner
3) Woman's own desire for anal sex
4) Quid pro quo. Money or drugs in exchange for anal sex
5) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
6) No consent. Coercion. Did not know she could refuse​
"49% described situations where the women engaged in anal intercourse because they desired it. In some of these cases, women simply described engaging in anal intercourse because they personally enjoy it: "
source
And, of course, this doesn't mean that those in some of the other categories didn't enjoy it.

So most of the time it's not because the women actually enjoyed it. Sad. Anal is mostly something males enjoy for two reasons - it's tighter for the insertive partner and because of the prostate when they're on the receiving end. There's not much reason to do for females, although some enjoy it. It just doesn't seem like most cis women are into it.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would love to try it.

Also idk why the queer community are overrepresented in enjoying non-vanilla sexual practices.
I'd do it as the top.

Anal is a grey area when it comes to vanilla vs. kinky, I guess. It seems to be mostly a thing guys want, and it's also associated with domination so there's that aspect, too.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So most of the time it's not because the women actually enjoyed it.
Not at all. Given that 49% of the women engage in it because they like it doesn't mean that those who do it because they have their period don't like it. And liking it when they have their period raises the percentage considerably above 50%. They could very well like it, but not as much as they like vaginal intercourse, so they opt for the more pleasurable vaginal intercourse when they can, and settle for anal intercourse, as much as they like it, when the situation calls for it. It's like liking both apples and oranges, and opt for apples over oranges when you can, but are quite satisfied with oranges when you can't. Just because you prefer apples doesn't mean you don't like oranges.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not at all. Given that 49% of the women engage in it because they like it doesn't mean that those who do it because they have their period don't like it. And liking it when they have their period raises the percentage considerably above 50%. They could very well like it, but not as much as they like vaginal intercourse, so they opt for the more pleasurable vaginal intercourse when they can, and settle for anal intercourse, as much as they like it, when the situation calls for it. It's like liking both apples and oranges, and opt for apples over oranges when you can, but are quite satisfied with oranges when you can't. Just because you prefer apples doesn't mean you don't like oranges.

Your study was just of heterosexual, drug abusing women, and only 32 of them at that:

"A total of 32 women participated in four separate focus groups about heterosexual women’s experiences with anal intercourse. All participants were recruited through an outpatient drug treatment program and a community-based HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing program; the testing program was located at the Center for Behavioral Research and Services (CBRS), an organized research center of the California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). Women were invited to participate in the focus groups if they were at least 18 years of age and acknowledged having had anal intercourse with a man during a previous interview at CBRS and had past experience of illicit drug use. The majority had participated in some form of outpatient drug treatment, but some of the women had never received formal treatment for their drug use."

You need to find a new study to quote as that one is not applicable to the general population of women. I mean, look at this:

"The most frequently reported reason women offered for engaging in anal intercourse was because they were high (20/32; 62.5 % of participants)."

That does not apply to the vast majority of women. So these are mostly drug addicts having technically non-consensual sex. Most of them weren't having sex because they desired it, which isn't really consensual. In some places, that would be a crime. At the least, it's leaning towards abuse.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Your study was just of heterosexual, drug abusing women, and only 32 of them at that:

"A total of 32 women participated in four separate focus groups about heterosexual women’s experiences with anal intercourse. All participants were recruited through an outpatient drug treatment program and a community-based HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing program; the testing program was located at the Center for Behavioral Research and Services (CBRS), an organized research center of the California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). Women were invited to participate in the focus groups if they were at least 18 years of age and acknowledged having had anal intercourse with a man during a previous interview at CBRS and had past experience of illicit drug use. The majority had participated in some form of outpatient drug treatment, but some of the women had never received formal treatment for their drug use."

You need to find a new study to quote as that one is not applicable to the general population of women. I mean, look at this:

"The most frequently reported reason women offered for engaging in anal intercourse was because they were high (20/32; 62.5 % of participants)."
Excellent catch!!

And in looking at the actual figures it's obvious the 32 women gave more than one answer (reason), obviously denoting different situations; perhaps a woman had anal sex because she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and at other times to please her herself, while at even other times because she was on her period. So while all participants were in an outpatient drug treatment program, which is obviously why the percentages for that reason are skewed as high as they are, it only lends more substance to the other five reasons.

1) Desire to avoid vaginal sex (on period, discharge) .............. (3/32; 9 %)
2) To please her partner............................................................. (9/32; 28 %)
3) Woman's own desire for anal sex.......................................... (15/32; 49 %)
4) Quid pro quo. Money or drugs in exchange for anal sex....... (12/32; 37.5 %)
5) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol.................................. (20/32; 62.5 %)
6) No consent. Coercion. Did not know she could refuse........... (17/32; 53 %) + (7/32; 22 %)​

That's 76 reasons from of 32 women. (261% );)

So these are mostly drug addicts having technically non-consensual sex.
Well, more than a third, 37.5%, is quite a substantial number who don't. If just 5 women (16% of the 32) had not listed drugs and alcohol as a reason, more than half (17) of these women under drug rehabilitation wouldn't have had your technically non-consensual sex.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Excellent catch!!

And in looking at the actual figures it's obvious the 32 women gave more than one answer (reason), obviously denoting different situations; perhaps a woman had anal sex because she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and at other times to please her herself, while at even other times because she was on her period. So while all participants were in an outpatient drug treatment program, which is obviously why the percentages for that reason are skewed as high as they are, it only lends more substance to the other five reasons.

1) Desire to avoid vaginal sex (on period, discharge) .............. (3/32; 9 %)
2) To please her partner............................................................. (9/32; 28 %)
3) Woman's own desire for anal sex.......................................... (15/32; 49 %)
4) Quid pro quo. Money or drugs in exchange for anal sex....... (12/32; 37.5 %)
5) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol.................................. (20/32; 62.5 %)
6) No consent. Coercion. Did not know she could refuse........... (17/32; 53 %) + (7/32; 22 %)​

That's 76 reasons from of 32 women. (261% );)

Well, more than a third, 37.5%, is quite a substantial number who don't. If just 5 women (16% of the 32) had not listed drugs and alcohol as a reason, more than half (17) of these women under drug rehabilitation wouldn't have had your technically non-consensual sex.

I'm not interested in nitpicking this study, man.

Earthtank

Five years ago I posted the following chart in the Eros Room under the title

"Anal sex, a go or no-go?"

Sexual%20Behavior%20PIc.jpg

and took a poll with the following options

Anal sex

I have engaged in anal sex and liked it

I have not engaged in anal sex but would like to try it

I have not and would not like to engage in anal sex

I have engaged in anal sex and would not like to do it again

Curious to see if anything has changed in five years, I'm asking the same question today. After the thread here seems to have run its course I'll reveal the old figures. :)

(Unfortunately, the original source for the chart no longer exists :shrug:)

WOW you got issues. You really spent 5 years tracking anal sex? Sad

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just in case no one has mentioned it yet.....
Did you hear about the prostitute with the colostomy?
Now she makes a little money on the side.