• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Unkillable Myth About Atheists

Is the myth that atheists have no meaning in their lives a product of willful misunderstanding?

• Total voters

Aquitaine

The funny thing is that we all define "purpose" to our lives in pretty much the same fashion. It's just Thiests incorporate their "spiritual journey" and beliefs in to the equation.

Aquitaine

Atheists, materialists, physicalists, nazi's, communists etc. reject subjectivity. They reject reaching a conclusion about what the agency of a decision is by choosing the answer, resulting in an opinion.

Normally people relate to each other subjectively, emotionally, in regards to who they are, making the decisions that they do. So the one person expresses their own emotion about who the other person is. The expression of emotion operates by free will, thus choosing, maybe choosing the conclusion the other person is loving in making the decisions the other person does.

That means the conclusion that love is real is chosen, and that is something no atheist does. Atheists only accept the procedure of being forced by evidence to a conclusion, resulting in a fact, they don't do subjectivity.

Atheists don't express their emotions, rather they have a set of scripted ideas on what behaviours are loving, and if they see somebody conforming to those scripted ideas, then they will denote as scientific fact that this person is loving. To see if some behaviour is the same as some scripted behaviour is something a well programmed computer could do, there is no role for emotion in it. That is how the lives of atheists are generally meaningless.
Out of curiosity, when you travel by air, do you want the plane's designers to be as rational, objective and mathematical as possible, or would you prefer emotion-based designers who base their decision-making on the subjective feelings of the whole design team?

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Yes, well, based on current events, we can say the same thing about Islam.

The atheists are going for the total annihiliation of people's emotion. The muslim terrorists, I more see them as having a despairing emotional life, and then using ultra violence to sustain their emotional life. The atheists are the more evil, they will certainly burn in hell.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Out of curiosity, when you travel by air, do you want the plane's designers to be as rational, objective and mathematical as possible, or would you prefer emotion-based designers who base their decision-making on the subjective feelings of the whole design team?

That is exactly the kind of absurd competing of fact against opinion that atheists do. Obviously one would hope airplane designers CARE a lot about the prospective passengers.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The atheists are going for the total annihiliation of people's emotion.

Somehow. Despite a complete lack of means, motivation or evidence.

The muslim terrorists, I more see them as having a despairing emotional life, and then using ultra violence to sustain their emotional life. The atheists are the more evil, they will certainly burn in hell.
... for no discernible reason, apparently.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

How long has it been since you began saying so? A year or more, I think.

It still does not make any sense.

To choose about what the agency of a decision is, that procedure results in an opinion. It is how subjectivity works, and that you reject it must therefore mean that your emotional life is absent.

Aquitaine

That is exactly the kind of absurd competing of fact against opinion that atheists do. Obviously one would hope airplane designers CARE a lot about the prospective passengers.

The caring of passengers can be seen objectively, through measures designed to minimize discomfort and maximize pleasure.
Now, when designing the plane (that you'll be travelling on) do you want them to optimize the craft objectively by the numbers/science, or jeopardize the craft's safety and efficiency - because the designers included sub-par features in order not to upset oneanother?

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

The caring of passengers can be seen objectively, through measures designed to minimize discomfort and maximize pleasure.
Now, when designing the plane (that you'll be travelling on) do you want them to optimize the craft objectively by the numbers/science, or jeopardize the craft's safety and efficiency - because the designers included sub-par features in order not to upset oneanother?

You are just heaping on the madness of competing fact against opinion.

Love cannot be seen objectively. Love is agency, it is among the terms which refer to what makes a decision turn out the way it does.And one can only reach a conclusion about what the agency of a decision is, by choosing the answer. Any chosen answer would be valid.

Obviously both fact and opinion are valid, but they are categorically distinct. Opinion uses the method of choosing about what the agency of a decision is, fact uses the method of copying from nature. A science book about the moon is a model of the moon, corresponding 1 to 1, in the form of words, pictures and mathematics. What is in the sciencebook is forced by the way the moon is. That it says in the book, there is a crater on the moon there and there, the fact is forced by the evidence of the crater on the actual moon.

So we can see that facts use a logic of cause and effect, of being forced. Since facts require force it is then very obvious you cannot apply facts to what is free, which is the agency of a decision. But that is no problem because we simply have subjectivity to deal with the issues of agency, which then enables us to talk about what is good, loving and beautiful.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I feel the myth came from mainly the Christians, most Christians are so much into their belief system that they in their ignorance believe that no one else could ever be happy without their belief. Of course this is ridiculers, in fact I feel that most atheist are much happier people, for they are free of a mythical god looking down on them everyday and judging everything they do, that must be hell to live that way, they also don't fear death as much as the religious, for death is only natural, whereas the religious want an after life, they cannot let go of this life, and I believe the reason is that they never know how to live this life, sad really.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
It's not a myth, it's a fact. And I have already explained why in my thread entitled "Atheism is an absurd worldview." Hitherto, no atheist has been able to refute it.

You've explained quite well that you know very little to nothing about atheism, yes.

Refutations have been made....
Anyone with the ability to read English that views that thread can see it.
You assert a stance and decide not to back it up with any sort of evidence at all ever.
This despite the numerous times you've been asked to back up your claims.

If I were to act like you I would assert Jews believe Christ is the messiah.
This is obviously very incorrect and I have absolutely no evidence to back it up, but I'm right because I just am.
How would this be any different from your own argument of "Atheism is absurd because atheists think life is ultimately meaningless."

Deathbydefault

Atheists, materialists, physicalists, nazi's, communists etc. reject subjectivity. They reject reaching a conclusion about what the agency of a decision is by choosing the answer, resulting in an opinion.

Normally people relate to each other subjectively, emotionally, in regards to who they are, making the decisions that they do. So the one person expresses their own emotion about who the other person is. The expression of emotion operates by free will, thus choosing, maybe choosing the conclusion the other person is loving in making the decisions the other person does.

That means the conclusion that love is real is chosen, and that is something no atheist does. Atheists only accept the procedure of being forced by evidence to a conclusion, resulting in a fact, they don't do subjectivity.

Atheists don't express their emotions, rather they have a set of scripted ideas on what behaviours are loving, and if they see somebody conforming to those scripted ideas, then they will denote as scientific fact that this person is loving. To see if some behaviour is the same as some scripted behaviour is something a well programmed computer could do, there is no role for emotion in it. That is how the lives of atheists are generally meaningless.

Oh, it's you again.
I see you still are dead set in your bigotry.

That's nice.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

More evil than terrorists who are burning people alive, throwing them off of buildings, selling women into sex slavery, and butchering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians?
Surely, your moral compass is severely broken and damaged.

I don't agree about it, the atheists are much more ridiculously evil in their total annihilation of emotion. It is also much more willful deliberate evil.

Also atheists are undermining the American spirit which currently protects the world from muslim terrorism, for the reason that atheists just don't do spirit.

Deathbydefault

Atheists are spreading a culture of rejection of subjectivity. It is what causes the current epidemic of depression and anxiety amongst youngsters. Atheists are the bad guys.

Good to know you didn't research teenage depression at all.
I am one of those youngsters, and I'll tell you that you're incorrect.
The main cause is likely social pressures pulling them every which way.
How to act, how to think, what to think, who to trust, relationships, puberty, bullying, how to dress and speak.

Maybe actually researching this would be a good idea, or at least a smart one, lest you come off as uneducated on subjects you speak of.

Aquitaine

You are just heaping on the madness of competing fact against opinion.

Love cannot be seen objectively. Love is agency, it is among the terms which refer to what makes a decision turn out the way it does.And one can only reach a conclusion about what the agency of a decision is, by choosing the answer. Any chosen answer would be valid.

Obviously both fact and opinion are valid, but they are categorically distinct. Opinion uses the method of choosing about what the agency of a decision is, fact uses the method of copying from nature. A science book about the moon is a model of the moon, corresponding 1 to 1, in the form of words, pictures and mathematics. What is in the sciencebook is forced by the way the moon is. That it says in the book, there is a crater on the moon there and there, the fact is forced by the evidence of the crater on the actual moon.

So we can see that facts use a logic of cause and effect, of being forced. Since facts require force it is then very obvious you cannot apply facts to what is free, which is the agency of a decision. But that is no problem because we simply have subjectivity to deal with the issues of agency, which then enables us to talk about what is good, loving and beautiful.
All humans posses the capabilities to apply both logic and emotion to things in life. That is after all what makes us human.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Good to know you didn't research teenage depression at all.
I am one of those youngsters, and I'll tell you that you're incorrect.
The main cause is likely social pressures pulling them every which way.
How to act, how to think, what to think, who to trust, relationships, puberty, bullying, how to dress and speak.

Maybe actually researching this would be a good idea, or at least a smart one, lest you come off as uneducated on subjects you speak of.

You reject the validity of subjectivity, so then you become depressed. The obvious answer is the right answer.

RRex

Premium Member
The atheists are going for the total annihiliation of people's emotion. The muslim terrorists, I more see them as having a despairing emotional life, and then using ultra violence to sustain their emotional life. The atheists are the more evil, they will certainly burn in hell.
I don't know where you get this idea that atheists are trying to "annihilate emotion". Cite a source for that assertion.

Regarding your statement about Muslims, you are excusing egregious behavior when you should be condemning it.

SHAME.