• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An riddle wrapped in an enigma….

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Hello everyone! I’m new here and just from glancing around I like it here. So many people from so many backgrounds! Well, here’s the basic about me,

Male
from Ohio
Married for 16 years
No kids
1 dog and 2 cats
I’m a caregiver for the disabled

My religious background is varied and rich. I can not remember a time, even as a child when I did not believe in G-d. My mother didn’t like religion so she tried to shelter me from it and keep me away from it. Despite her efforts I became a devout Christian and refined my relationship with G-d. I learned a lot and drew close to G-d and He blessed me for my efforts. I was a Christian for nearly 7 years and had a great relationship with G-d, my church and life in general.

I decided that I wanted to deepen my relationship with G-d and learn more about my faith from the very beginning to where the church was today. I began studying Judaism. It was so interesting and yet scary at the same time the things I learned. After about a year of studying, praying, seeking G-d’s face and crying I left Christianity and now consider myself a B’nai Noach (also known as Chassidic Gentile, Noahide, G-dfearer, ect). A little about my faith:

What it is…
-It is a moral code that was given to all of mankind through the covenant between G-d and Noah (Gen. 9).
-It is older than Judaism itself.
-It is Gentiles following only the parts of the Jewish Torah that is meant for all of mankind.
-It follows seven simple laws that include…

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Birkat Hashem -
Do not utter G-d's name in vain, curse G-d or pursue the occult. Genesis 3:1
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Avodah zarah -
Do not worship false gods/idols. Genesis 3:5
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Gezel -
Do not steal or kidnap. Genesis 3:6
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Shefichat damim -
Do not murder. Genesis 4:8
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Gilui arayot -
Do not be sexually immoral (engage in incest, sodomy, bestiality, homosexuality, castration, and adultery) Genesis 6:1-4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Dinim -
Set up righteous and honest courts and apply fair justice in judging offenders and uphold the principles of the last five. Genesis 6:5-7
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Ever Min HaChai -
Do not eat a part of a live animal. Genesis 9:3-4
[/FONT]

It is all inclusive. If someone follows a religion that, through it’s own doctrine, follows the seven laws then they are considered an observant Noahide.
What it is not…
-It is not a religion.
-It is not a cult.
-It is nothing new or made up.
-It is not the New World Order
-It is not the Anti Christ’s movement.
-It is not going to take over the world and cut off your head if you do not join.

There is much more to it but I’ll not ramble on indecently.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi NoahideHiker,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

Nice to see your intro;

remember, if you have any questions to ask, please don't hesitate to do so.
icon7.gif

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Tashe delek and welcome to RF!

Nice introduction. I admire your work for the disabled. :)

Peace,
Mystic

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Noahidehiker. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Ori

Angel slayer
Welcome and enjoy!

It sounds like you have a good sense of humour, I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

If I may ask, what made you choose to remain Noachide as opposed to simply converting to Judaism? I've heard the Noachide covenant mentioned before, but have never met someone who adhered simply to that by choice. Obviously, most people probably do without even knowing it, as you say. Also, are you going to the Matisyahu concert in Cleveland?

evearael

Welcome to rf! I'm a Bas Noach. I look forward to your posts.

I know in my case, being married to a non-Jewish man and having a daughter makes it a bit difficult to find a Rabbi to convert you.