• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An RF Coven/ Group?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
For awhile now, I've been thinking about how it might be nice to be part of a group of pagans who feel able to discuss their spellwork and personal goals, as well as to share in individual triumphs, spriritual or otherwise. I know that we pretty have a built-in one here on RF, seeing as how there's so many here who I see as being a part of 'the family of my heart' (yes, there's a number of non-Pagans in there, too!) but what if we were to try to create a concrete one?

Would we do spellwork together? (Those that wanted to, naturally.) Would we have a group BoS? Would such a thing even work?

BFD_Zayl

that sounds like a wonderful idea, and i'm all for it. would it be like one of the private forums that you need to join? (like theists and non-theist forums) it would be nice to have a small, private place set aside. then again if we get one then almost every other religion or lack there of would want one as well. meaning alot of work for Admins

Mike182

Flaming Queer
BFD_Zayl said:
that sounds like a wonderful idea, and i'm all for it. would it be like one of the private forums that you need to join? (like theists and non-theist forums) it would be nice to have a small, private place set aside. then again if we get one then almost every other religion or lack there of would want one as well. meaning alot of work for Admins

i'm happy for it to be in DIR :shrug:

i'm all for keeping one big, online, group BoS - what format would it take? maybe we could ask the admins for another sub forum for Coven, with a sub division for a BoS?

BFD_Zayl

well,' I really do think its a great idea to have a private RF coven forum, i'm behined it 100%

Mike182

Flaming Queer
BFD_Zayl said:
well,' I really do think its a great idea to have a private RF coven forum, i'm behined it 100%

i really don't see a need for us to have a private area hidden from non pagans, but if others would rather it be a private area then i guess there's no harm in it...

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
That would be really neat. I especially like the idea of a group BoS.

Could we do spellwork on the forum? I'd never really thought of that...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Guitar's Cry said:
That would be really neat. I especially like the idea of a group BoS.

Could we do spellwork on the forum? I'd never really thought of that...

i guess it could work, though we would need to experiment for a bit.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'd kind of imagined it as "Quick! Set our scoobie watches and everyone get into spellwork mode.... *looks at watch* Now!" sort of thing.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
::waves hands::

I want in! I want in!

There's so much I can learn from you guys, and I hope that maybe I can pass on some information as well. And I'd love to help out with a BoS too.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Guitar's Cry said:
I see no reason why energy can't be raised through long distance connections...:)

i guess if we all light a candle and raise energy at the same time, while on RF, it could work :shrug:

BFD_Zayl

heh heh, yeah, what would the name of the group be? then we can use its initials to confuse everyone!...heh heh....well so far it seems just fine with all the pagans...but...do we have to take a general vote with all the non pagans? if we do then i don't hold much hope for the group making it.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Mike182 said:
i guess if we all light a candle and raise energy at the same time, while on RF, it could work :shrug:

I personally think that even if it's just the positive energy of working on something with a group it would be worth it.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
BFD_Zayl said:
do we have to take a general vote with all the non pagans? if we do then i don't hold much hope for the group making it.

I'm not so sure. I think there's enough interest for it to be accepted.

Circle_One

Mike182 said:
i really don't see a need for us to have a private area hidden from non pagans, but if others would rather it be a private area then i guess there's no harm in it...

I kind of do see a need for it.

Without one, some non-pagan, unknowledgeable dabbler, could easily come in, take a look and go ahead attempting spells and playing around with dangerous energies they've no knowledge of.

That could quite easily prove very potentially harmful.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
BFD_Zayl said:
heh heh, yeah, what would the name of the group be? then we can use its initials to confuse everyone!...heh heh....well so far it seems just fine with all the pagans...but...do we have to take a general vote with all the non pagans? if we do then i don't hold much hope for the group making it.

no, it's our DIR forum :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Guitar's Cry said:
I'm not so sure. I think there's enough interest for it to be accepted.

Besides, perhaps it will bring some magick users "out of the broom closet," so to speak. We might be surprised. How many of you knew I dabbled in it? ;)

Circle_One

Guitar's Cry said:
I see no reason why energy can't be raised through long distance connections...:)

It very muchly could.

There are already such people that consider themselves Techno-Pagans, who do all their coven-based spellwork through internet covens.