• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Overview of Sufism

fenrisx

Sai Baba of Shirdi..... our family has felt His immense grace multiple times and still do. Nowadays, mainly Hindus only go to Shridi; I think only miniscule amout of muslim population visits there although He said that He is Hindu as well as Muslim. I do not even know if the Indian muslims (Ulema) recognize Him as a Sufi Saint or not.

Regards,

Is he part of the Chisti lineage?

fenrisx

I have recently discovered the Sufi Path, and would like to include two video links.

Irina Tweedie, gives a wonderful talk:-

[youtube]v1mFqZuEHsc[/youtube]
Irina Tweedie, part one - YouTube(1 of 5 parts - runs about an hour or so altogether)

Irina was an amazing lady. I will be listening to this presentation more than once!

And here's another Sufi. Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
[youtube]iod_2QZcVOI[/youtube]
Sufi mystic ; Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee talks about " the one " - YouTube

I am currently reading a most wonderful book by a Sufi, Hazrat Inayat Khan - The ART of BEING and BECOMING.

Pure and beautiful wisdom.

I have learnt so much in just a few chapters.

Namaste,

notthedalaidrama

Thats the lineage Im in the process of being ordained in. Definitely a great source of learning. Blessings on you.

philalethes

Greetings of Peace,

The following is an excellent introduction to Sufism narrated by Houston Smith called The Sufi Way:

[youtube]1ti9Uyr0d0s[/youtube]