• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An open challenge to evolutionists.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No that's not a chemical reaction. It is a nuclear reaction.

You need physics to model that: chemistry can't help you there.

Chemistry is all about the bonding brought about by electrons. What you have in stars involves nuclear binding, i.e. between protons and neutrons.

Thats what i said.

..."which use a nuclear reaction" ...

And i repeat, i said "chemical" NOT "chemical reaction"

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I wonder how many posters will take your comment seriously.
It's happened before that someone thought I was a creationist.
An atheist creationist, eh.
Go figure.
Oh come on!
Would you really mind if some amazing member picked up such a f-g end and then smoked it, thus claiming you to be a creationist?
You can't be that up tight over the nonsense of a young earth etc, can you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh come on!
Would you really mind if some amazing member picked up such a f-g end and then smoked it, thus claiming you to be a creationist?
You can't be that up tight over the nonsense of a young earth etc, can you?
I've long ago become inured to the bizarreness of this place.

exchemist

Veteran Member
God magic?
2H -> D + e⁺ + ν.

D + H -> ³He + γ

2 ³He -> ⁴He + 2H

So 6 hydrogen nuclei generate 1 helium nucleus plus 2 hydrogen nuclei back again, plus 2 positrons, 2 neutrinos and some gamma radiation, i.e. release of energy.

But I had to look this up, because this is not chemistry. This is nucleosynthesis, i.e. interactions between nucleons, rather than electrons.

(D = deuterium, i.e. "heavy hydrogen", with a proton and a neutron in the nucleus.)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I've long ago become inured to the bizarreness of this place.
RF is a kind of personification of humanity, imo.
Just a lot more safe and quite useful. You might even pick up the odd restoration clue or whatever?
Being the top poster then you must love the place?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, I am a religious person, who use methodological naturalism. But I am also a cognitive relativist, so I accept that creationists believe differently than me.
OK. So would you like to offer your idea for the age of our Earth? I will go with 4.6 billion yes. :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
2H -> D + e⁺ + ν.

D + H -> ³He + γ

2 ³He -> ⁴He + 2H

So 6 hydrogen nuclei generate 1 helium nucleus plus 2 hydrogen nuclei back again, plus 2 positrons, 2 neutrinos and some gamma radiation, i.e. release of energy.

But I had to look this up, because this is not chemistry. This is nucleosynthesis, i.e. interactions between nucleons, rather than electrons.

(D = deuterium, i.e. "heavy hydrogen", with a proton and a neutron in the nucleus.)

Sheesh. How many times???
I said chemical, not chemical reaction.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sheesh. How many times???
I said chemical, not chemical reaction.

"Omit suns (which are made from chemicals) from my list which use a nuclear reaction to be a sun, both fueled by the results of chemical reaction hydrogen > helium, and I turn create the elements that bond in chemical reaction."

???

ChristineM

Premium Member
"Omit suns (which are made from chemicals) from my list which use a nuclear reaction to be a sun, both fueled by the results of chemical reaction hydrogen > helium, and I turn create the elements that bond in chemical reaction."

???

What fuel does a sun use?

gnostic

The Lost One
What fuel does a sun use?
Hydrogen.

The proton-to-proton reaction chain reaction (nucleosynthesis) would require at least 6 hydrogen to make a single helium nucleus with 2 protons and 2 neutrons.

The nucleosynthesis - fusing lighter elements (eg hydrogen) into heavier elements (eg helium), will release high energy, especially heat, thus high temperature.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Hydrogen.

The proton-to-proton reaction chain reaction (nucleosynthesis) would require at least 6 hydrogen to make a single helium nucleus with 2 protons and 2 neutrons.

The nucleosynthesis - fusing lighter elements (eg hydrogen) into heavier elements (eg helium), will release high energy, especially heat, thus high temperature.

Yes, i know, i was being flippant in exchange for exchemists flippancy