• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An irrefutable proof that Jesus is God

QuestioningMind

Ignoring reality is the province of the unbeliever.

All you need to do to change me into a believer is provide some verifiable evidence that your god being actually exists beyond a figment of your imagination. Until you do that, you are the one ignoring reality.

QuestioningMind

Actually God does not condone slavery.
What God condones is Man's free will, and in many cases throughout the ages, man has made a slave of other men.
Jesus came to set us free.

A lot of unbelievers have this idea that because EVIL is found in the world that God must be in control of it, and in some Calvinist minds, they claim that God creates evil.

The reality is, you get to do what you want to do, as this is how free will functions.

The foolish, who lack common sense or natural understanding.....they look at the world of evil, and conclude that because MEN are evil, and MEN create evil, then God is to blame.
The wise understand that you can make a baby, and raise a child, and you can hope that they dont turn out to be liars, murderers, rapists, Hitler........but, you as the parent are not in control of how a person thinks or behaves once they are an adult.
So, it is with God. He gives all of humanity RIGHT OF CHOICE< and if they use this to make the world a hateful, hate filled, place, then blame man for what they do and cause......as this is the truth.

Actually God does not condone slavery.
What God condones is Man's free will, and in many cases throughout the ages, man has made a slave of other men.
Jesus came to set us free.

How sad, you haven't even read your own bible. Or you have and you're just blatantly lying about it. Your god very specifically condones people owning other people as property. He tells you who you should buy your slaves from... that you can own them for life and even pass them on to your children. God says you have every right to beat the people you own, just as long as they don't die as a result of the beating within a couple days.

What does free will have to do with it? God told people DO NOT kill and didn't worry about man's 'free will'. He said DO NOT work of the Sabbath and didn't worry about man's 'free will'. But god did NOT say DO NOT own other people as property. He clearly COULD have, IF he was actually against slavery, but he didn't. He said the exact opposite.

I believe and say that Revelation 2:23 is an irrefutable proof that Jesus is God.

and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

Look carefully, Jesus says that he is He who knows the inner man and will judge man.
But there is only one who knows the inner man and will be the judge in the end, and that is God.
Conclusion: Jesus is God. So your argument it...the bible says this, I believe it, therefore it's true. Yeah...not remotely irrefutable. First we don't know that Jesus actually said this, second, you are assuming there is an "inner man that will be judged in the end". So you are assuming the supernatural and god already without proving those things first. Your premise is unproven and therefore illogical.

Let us now look at Jeremiah 17:10.
I am Yahweh who search the heart, I test the mind, to give to each person according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.
In the OT, God speaks that He is YHWH who knows the inner man and will be the judge.
Jesus says that He is He who...
God in the OT says that He is YHWH who...
Conclusion: Jesus is YHWH. Same thing here, but other books also say that their gods know the same thing...so if you are to follow that "a book says something proves it", then when the Quran says in Al-Imran 3:29: "Whether you conceal what is in your hearts [21] or bring it into the open, God knows it: for He knows all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and God has the power to will anything." Then that proves that Allah is god. You see how circular this is? You can't assume the answer and then use the presupposition to try to prove your answer is correct.

When Jesus said that He is He, He meant that He is YHWH.
In the Hebrew language, the letter Yod is a prefix and means "He". With HWH at the end, YHWH means HE IS. Irrelevant

When Jesus once said that He is He, hundreds of people drew back and fell to the ground before him because they knew what He meant. That assumes the bible is true.

Now then, when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground. John 18:6

Read the Bible, often the Scripture says things like: and Jesus knew what was in their hearts or and Jesus knew their thoughts.
He is truly the creator of all things.
Yet other books as I demonstrated claim the same such thing. If you really want to provide "irrefutable proof" you can't use a biased, unproven source, you must use outside sources that are independent. So for all that you wrote, it's basically just one large logical fallacy.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Whatever Jesus set out to do, putting an end to bickering was not on the agenda.

Matthew 10:34
In your opinion, does Jesus behave like an omniscent God in the gospels? I know he is described as knowing the inner thoughts and feelings of other people, but that, imo, isn't omniscience.

RestlessSoul

In your opinion, does Jesus behave like an omniscent God in the gospels? I know he is described as knowing the inner thoughts and feelings of other people, but that, imo, isn't omniscience.

So many people, Christian or otherwise, have their own understanding of the nature of Jesus, and I have no wish to deny those people their interpretation of the Gospels, or their own personal relationship with Jesus.

But for me personally, whatever else he may have been, I believe Jesus was a man. So no, I don't think he was God, certainly not in the sense I believe you are using the word. I am agnostic about his true nature; the mystery of the Trinity is not something I reject out of hand. The Son of God, possibly, but then aren't we all Children of God?

That probably isn't a very satisfactory answer, but it's the best I can do for now. I will finish by saying that I believe the message to be more important, perhaps, than the nature of the messenger.

Kelly of the Phoenix

The witnesses chosen by God see the actions of people per Quran and God will talk through them to disbelievers on the day of judgment as God will not talk directly to disbelievers on the day of judgment per many verses.
Even though that would be the most successful means of gaining believers?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Him Jesus?

So if God knew at the creation that jesus was going to be a thing in the future, then god knew the Garden would fall, and that humans would be sinners who needed a savior. It's more evidence that Humans were created and set up to fail, and none of their sin is on their heads. God is responsible for sin, and thus if God has to create itself in the form of jesus and sacrifice itself to itself, then it is just trying to fix its own corrupt creation. On the plus side this sacrifice is paid "for the sins of mankind" and humans don't have to do anything for this salvation. Just get on with your lives and don't worry about hell.
Crazy right!
That's what they tell us. Something outside what the Bible says.
I think knowing the truth of the matter makes a whole lot of difference, but that's just me. To others it still might not make a whole lot of difference.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Crazy right!
That's what they tell us. Something outside what the Bible says.
I think knowing the truth of the matter makes a whole lot of difference, but that's just me. To others it still might not make a whole lot of difference.
The truth happens to be that there's no evidence that any of it is reasonable to believe, or even plausible.

nPeace

Veteran Member
John 1

John 17:23
Bethel said:
This is his BODY ........His BODY.........>Jesus's BODY, was born.
His SPIRIT, was always.. in existence with God.
So, you have the Pre-incarnate WORD, that is "Spirit", who came to live in a BODY, virgin born, and this Body is the man, Jesus.

Sorry, but I read John 1, and John 17:23, and your story is not found in those verse, nor any other place in the Bible.
I understand it's what you believe, but no scripture supports that belief.

nPeace

Veteran Member
That's what death is - death of the body. That's how death is determined - the body stopped working. Pure mind is not considered life. Mind needn't be present to call something alive, but a functioning body of some sort is, whether that be a single cell, a bush, or a gazelle. Life as we know it is made of cells. Life includes growth, development, reproduction, repair, metabolism, homeostasis, and more. None of that is relevant to mind.

When creationists tell me that life must come from life, I point out that even they don't believe that. If they consider God alive, then that would be a life that didn't come from other life, and if they say that God isn't alive, then it's the life He created that didn't come from life.
:shrug: Not sure what that has to do with anything I said, but... okay.

Nope. There's a reason why there are over 40,000 denominations of Christianity alone, but just one periodic table of the elements.
Yup. There is definitely a reason, or reasons why "there are over 40,000 denominations of Christianity alone". What's your reason?
Of the "over 40,000 denominations of Christianity" which one does not believe in God, or that there is a sun, moon, and stars?

Obviously, to say that scientists believe in one thing does not nullify the fact that they disagree on many things... and there is a reason for that.

Alex22

Have you ever eaten mushrooms? I ate loads (psilocybin, liberty cap) back in the day; but I could never have written Revelation.

Just because a text defies simple understanding, is no reason to dismiss it's author as insane.

Why, yes I have and I wrote many inspirational things which later I thought to be insane. Thought I was writing things akin to Homer or something

Clara Tea

I believe and say that Revelation 2:23 is an irrefutable proof that Jesus is God.

and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

Look carefully, Jesus says that he is He who knows the inner man and will judge man.
But there is only one who knows the inner man and will be the judge in the end, and that is God.
Conclusion: Jesus is God.

Let us now look at Jeremiah 17:10.
I am Yahweh who search the heart, I test the mind, to give to each person according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.
In the OT, God speaks that He is YHWH who knows the inner man and will be the judge.
Jesus says that He is He who...
God in the OT says that He is YHWH who...
Conclusion: Jesus is YHWH.

When Jesus said that He is He, He meant that He is YHWH.
In the Hebrew language, the letter Yod is a prefix and means "He". With HWH at the end, YHWH means HE IS.

When Jesus once said that He is He, hundreds of people drew back and fell to the ground before him because they knew what He meant.

Now then, when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground. John 18:6

Read the Bible, often the Scripture says things like: and Jesus knew what was in their hearts or and Jesus knew their thoughts.
He is truly the creator of all things.

Anyone could claim to be God, yet, that doesn't make them God.