• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An invitation to the fog war!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What would you like to declare war on?

I'm not going to change my name cuz I've been known by this name for quite a few years now, but on Mussolini's birthday and my anniversary of relapse, July 29th, (also the day supermodel nafisa Joseph hung herself), I officially declared war on dope.

Here are some of my strategies for winning this war:

Keep a sign on my door that tells people not to sell or offer me anything.

Cheap headphones and music blasting in my ears to give the mind a flow of natural dopamine and endorphins.

Lots of caffeine and nicotine gum.

Gradually I will wean myself off all of those, but they are necessary in the meantime to get me out of bed and walking around.

I was on dope virtually almost every day this past year. I would spend government money and panhandling money on nothing but dope. I'd also do other stuff that isn't legal therefore against the rules to mention.

Now I spend that money on healthy nutrition. I'm also taking st. John's Wort for serotonin, and taking Wellbutrin for norepinephrine and dopamine.

The first few days of sobriety I was bedridden almost 24 hours a day. Now, I been moving around and getting sunshine.

The music is excessive but crucial because there is a flood of bad memories of all the stupid things I've done while under the influence. It keeps the mind off those memories.

Without the music I would likely be still bedridden all day drenched in cold sweats.

I was really tempted to relapse last night. I told my dealers do not sell even if I ask you to. One of them though I think would be quick to not abide by that.

Everything is foggy inside, So Sunshine, nutrition, prayer, offering up my suffering to God, staying away from users, cutting off all my connections and telling them "do not sell to me even if I ask you to", daily Mass, AA meetings, and frequent meetings with mental health professionals is my strategy for winning this war.

What are your strategies for winning your crusade?

Darkforbid

I'm not going to change my name cuz I've been known by this name for quite a few years now, but on Mussolini's birthday and my anniversary of relapse, July 29th, (also the day supermodel nafisa Joseph hung herself), I officially declared war on dope.

Cheap headphones and music blasting in my ears to give the mind a flow of natural dopamine and endorphins.

Gradually I will wean myself off all of those, but they are necessary in the meantime to get me out of bed and walking around.

I was on dope virtually almost every day this past year. I would spend government money and panhandling money on nothing but dope. I'd also do other stuff that isn't legal therefore against the rules to mention.

Now I spend that money on healthy nutrition. I'm also taking st. John's Wort for serotonin, and taking Wellbutrin for norepinephrine and dopamine.

The first few days of sobriety I was bedridden almost 24 hours a day. Now, I been moving around and getting sunshine.

The music is excessive but crucial because there is a flood of bad memories of all the stupid things I've done while under the influence. It keeps the mind off those memories.

Without the music I would likely be still bedridden all day drenched in cold sweats.

I was really tempted to relapse last night. I told my dealers do not sell even if I ask you to. One of them though I think would be quick to not abide by that.

Everything is foggy inside, So Sunshine, nutrition, prayer, offering up my suffering to God, staying away from users, cutting off all my connections and telling them "do not sell to me even if I ask you to", daily Mass, AA meetings, and frequent meetings with mental health professionals is my strategy for winning this war.

Man

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Could they hook you up with a greyhound or amtrak ticket?
They don't want me and I personally would be worse off around them I think. they live in a backward town in Montana where everybody knows each other and everybody remembers all the stupid things I did growing up.

There is far more opportunity where I live in the big city. There is far more resources for the mentally ill and the drug addicted.

In the city of Kalispell Montana, they don't even usually accept insurance that is available for people like myself.

I'd love to be around family from time to time. Maybe I could arrange a visit for a couple weeks to a month. but living around them long-term would be bad for my mental health especially because Kalispell is just a very bad place for me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

The very best of luck, stay strong

Workman

UNIQUE

l have been watching you..
And you, too, have been watching me.

Just know that I always love you no matter what you think off me.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
l have been watching you..
And you, too, have been watching me.

Just know that I always love you no matter what you think off me.
Thanks!

I have been watching you
And delighted to see
Every post you share
Means the world to me! :)