• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interfaith memorial service for Mr. Khashogi.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
We are gathered today before God to remember Mr, Khashogi for the precious human life he was, and mourn the loss of another human life. We affirm regardless of personal faith or politics that what happened exceeded the bounds of morality and reason. Now what I want everyone to do is pray for his soul to rest in peace, and that justice will prevail without returning hate for hate, or evil for evil, but love for love, and healing for healing. Atheists and humanists are also welcome to share a kind word. Out of respect for RF, I ask that we not proselytize, just to reflect on the loss of a human life.

Jumi

It was sad to hear of his last moments, but he is at peace now. I wish his family and friends can stay strong.

Altfish

Veteran Member
From a Humanists point of view...

Not, how did he die, but how did he live?

Not, what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of his birth.

OR

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.