• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interfaith discussion on New Zealand. What is the answer?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The answer is not hate or acts of terror. No one should be living in fear due to their religious choices, or if they have none at all. I think people should freely, and respectfully exchange ideas, in a peaceful way only. What are your thoughts?

Psychopaths have been and will always be among us.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The answer is not hate or acts of terror. No one should be living in fear due to their religious choices, or if they have none at all. I think people should freely, and respectfully exchange ideas, in a peaceful way only. What are your thoughts?

In the first instance its seeing ourselves as being one people regardless of our race, faith or natiionality. As we all make the efforts to reach across cultural barriers, each according to our capacity, we all have the power to contrinute towards a much needed change. Don't wait for governments or those in positions of leadership to act. The time is now.

sealchan

Sure, but how?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I consider interfaith discussions are most often superficial like efforts in eccumenism. The underlying strong cultural orientation, and tribalism of ancient religions of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism, and to a lesser extent Buddhism encourage the emphasis of the bottomline divisions between the religions, and discourages any ultimate real reconciliation of interfaith discussions and exchanges.

The violence of psychopaths and others will always exist as long as humans will be humans, but the us versus them cultural tribalism of ancient religions give a foundation for the violence, and antagonistic opposition between religions and belief systems.

I agree with @Vinayaka

Vinayaka said:
Yes, and I think it's naive to think having interfaith meetings will stop that.

ManSinha

I consider interfaith discussions are most often superficial like efforts in eccumenism. The underlying strong cultural orientation, and tribalism of ancient religions of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism, and to a lesser extent Buddhism encourage the emphasis of the bottomline divisions between the religions,
I have generally admired your level headed approach - but how do you include Hinduism and Buddhism in that list? There is no "Hinduism" I dare say - that is a western coined term to lump the people of India who believe in various different aspects of the deity. I would further aver that you do not understand "Hinduism" - if you did - you would think twice before including it in that list

Ellen Brown

Sympathy and compassion for the victims in New Zealand is obligatory. AND I think that Muslims in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and other countries could leave off the persecution of Christians and other religions in their own countries, perhaps?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have generally admired your level headed approach - but how do you include Hinduism and Buddhism in that list? There is no "Hinduism" I dare say - that is a western coined term to lump the people of India who believe in various different aspects of the deity. I would further aver that you do not understand "Hinduism" - if you did - you would think twice before including it in that list

It is not 'understanding' Hinduism, but a different view of Hinduism than yours. Followers of other religons may and do raise the same objections as you.

I believe there is a cultural Hindu nationalism that includes many diverse divisions within Hinduism that in some way separates itself from other religions and belief systems just as the other religions go. In the same way as with other religions interfaith dialogues and discussions are superficial and naive, and do not lead to resolution of anything.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's a nice sentiment yet you still need to remain realistic in regards to Human Nature.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
As I see it, New Zealand is being sold a false flag story and being betrayed to globalist interests.

I think the best solution is to treat the story as a complete lie and not accept a complete country makeover (which is what is happening, New Zealand is accepting Sharia law) without actually finding real evidence.

syo

Of course.

Shantanu

The longer I have lived the more I have appreciated diversity in human beliefs which requires tolerance: but I am against inter-faith dialogue so as not to dilute the individual belief systems and allow them to evolve naturally.

slackercruster

OP...Muslims and accelerationist won!

Attachments

• Go Pro LR.jpg
    Go Pro LR.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 0
  • prime minster NZ (2)-3 lr.JPG
    prime minster NZ (2)-3 lr.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 0