• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Interesting Thing About The Missouri Abortion Bill

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am always surprised at how many extreme Christians oppose paying fair taxes towards the support of disabled and poorer folks.
They always ring the Charity bell to show how kind they are, when they should be paying out to support the less well off. Such laws are all there in the laws of Moses, but when this is mentioned some Cjhristians even try to point out that Jesus redacted them all........... crazy, or bad?

Wot! ? And now you tell us that you are prepared to compromise....... about manipulating and controlling the lives of women?
If you have a wife, and she got raped and became pregnant, are you telling me that you would need to think about various conditions before 'compromising' over what she could choose to do?

You aren't one of those crazies who try to blame rape victims for being victims, are you?

:facepalm:

What exactly is 'Sub-Par'?
Does this term refer to a disability?

So you know a woman who is disabled with a low IQ. Be very careful where you go from there with your ideas....... I think that they are almost bound to be dreadful.

You know a woman who draws a lot of government doll. I used to know a mass of very wealthy people who boasted about how they avoided and evaded paying lawful taxes during their whole lives, stuffing funds in to foreign tax havens, lying on tax return declarations, deceiving in order to evade paying capital gains taxes........ costing the government BILLIONS. Please do not moan about a disabled woman who needs professional care, support and benefits.

On the side:-
I have debated strongly with feminists on RF over many years, but I have to say that with mindsets such as those controlling some States in the US I can see why such feminists are so hot blooded as they are.

A strange and sad part of Christianity is the belief that sex is evil. I blame Paul for that. He seemed to be a homosexual man that was struggling with his natural desires. As a result he apparently hated all forms of sex, both straight and homosexual, though he would put up with heterosexual intercourse if it was with a married couple. His poisonous thought deeply affected Christianity so that much of it has very little similarity to the teachings of Jesus.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A strange and sad part of Christianity is the belief that sex is evil. I blame Paul for that. He seemed to be a homosexual man that was struggling with his natural desires. As a result he apparently hated all forms of sex, both straight and homosexual, though he would put up with heterosexual intercourse if it was with a married couple. His poisonous thought deeply affected Christianity so that much of it has very little similarity to the teachings of Jesus.
Absolutely.
And John's rubbish ideas about how 'the Jews' were in constant contention with Jesus fueled two thousand years of antisemitism.

Certainly Paul had trouble with and about his sexuality.

He made too much fuss altogether about it.

Where I live Christianity is dwindling now, and many surviving Churches are adjusting to more sexual freedom, gay clergy and gay marriages. I don't hear about such serious issues here as I read about from US States. Hence my shock horror about such stuff.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And they were elected by their constituents, AKA both men and women in high numbers. It doesn't matter what your demographics are. The demographics of the people who elected you are what tell the story.
The story it tells, every two years, is we have a terrible problem with extremely low voter turnout. Fixing that alone would make it difficult for Republicans to win. They have finely honed gerrymandering, fear pandering, and other tricks and tools, but low voter turnout keeps them safely in more than anything else. And it seems they are especially screwed if the black community turns out in large numbers.

We Never Know

No Slack

The few people I've met that had thoughts on sex being bad(not evil) were a few catholic's that see sex as only for reproduction, not recreation/pleasure.

Shad

Veteran Member
I am always surprised at how many extreme Christians oppose paying fair taxes towards the support of disabled and poorer folks.

As many rather see that money go to charity. You are conflating the system being used with rejection of help in general.

They always ring the Charity bell to show how kind they are, when they should be paying out to support the less well off. Such laws are all there in the laws of Moses, but when this is mentioned some Cjhristians even try to point out that Jesus redacted them all........... crazy, or bad?

You know there is a difference between charity and taxes right?

Wot! ? And now you tell us that you are prepared to compromise....... about manipulating and controlling the lives of women?

Nope. I am willing to compromise in regarding to killing a baby for medical reasons in a life threaten conditions not merely whims.

If you have a wife, and she got raped and became pregnant, are you telling me that you would need to think about various conditions before 'compromising' over what she could choose to do?

The baby is innocent of the rape, why is it being punished?. I do not get to kill some bystander in order to work out my issues.

You aren't one of those crazies who try to blame rape victims for being victims, are you?

Nope.

What exactly is 'Sub-Par'?

See my example.

Does this term refer to a disability?

No

So you know a woman who is disabled with a low IQ. Be very careful where you go from there with your ideas....... I think that they are almost bound to be dreadful.

This is babble from the fiction in your head running away with you.

You know a woman who draws a lot of government doll. I used to know a mass of very wealthy people who boasted about how they avoided and evaded paying lawful taxes during their whole lives, stuffing funds in to foreign tax havens, lying on tax return declarations, deceiving in order to evade paying capital gains taxes........ costing the government BILLIONS. Please do not moan about a disabled woman who needs professional care, support and benefits.

She isn't disabled. She is incompetent. Not legally incompetent as in mentally. Incompetent bad at doing X.

I took disabled to mean about the child. Now go look up the appeal by those with down-syndrome to the UN after Iceland made killing of baby's with down-syndrome legal based on a subjective value assessment from the parents.

On the side:-
I have debated strongly with feminists on RF over many years, but I have to say that with mindsets such as those controlling some States in the US I can see why such feminists are so hot blooded as they are.

Many are hot blooded as not everyone agrees that killing a baby on a whim is morally acceptable. It is a validation issue.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As many rather see that money go to charity. You are conflating the system being used with rejection of help in general.
You know there is a difference between charity and taxes right?
Citizens who evade paying due taxes are criminals.
And the system needs that money to be cohesive, looking after all.
Nope. I am willing to compromise in regarding to killing a baby for medical reasons in a life threaten conditions not merely whims.
In which case you should not be compromising over the care of children until adulthood. To ignore the medicare, education, food, clothing and benefits needs of children would be outrageous hypocrisy.
The baby is innocent of the rape, why is it being punished?. I do not get to kill some bystander in order to work out my issues.
To feed your self-righteousness you would ruin a rape victim's planned life?
Then both rape victim and child should be supported totally until the child reaches adulthood, and then the victim mother should be compensated with free housing and re-education and her lost pension years be payed up by the State.
You see? Pay for your decisions.
She isn't disabled. She is incompetent. Not legally incompetent as in mentally. Incompetent bad at doing X.
So you think that you are qualified to distribute or withdraw disability recognition to folks?
This just gets worse by the post. You do realise that such a person is most probably disabled, just not in ways that you are educated and qualified to understand? She needs special needs attention, training and induction in to the community.
I took disabled to mean about the child. Now go look up the appeal by those with down-syndrome to the UN after Iceland made killing of baby's with down-syndrome legal based on a subjective value assessment from the parents.
Don't you send me anywhere other than Missouri on this thread.
Many are hot blooded as not everyone agrees that killing a baby on a whim is morally acceptable. It is a validation issue.
Time for you to wake up to caring for children's medicare, education and other needs, especially where the parents are in difficulties.

You've done extreme feminism a favour in recent posts to me. I have debated against some of their ideas for years. I am warming to them with every sentence of yours that I read.