• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

an idea that should belong here

chuck010342

I said this:

and you are in error because you don't know the power of God and you don't know the scriptures

somebody else said this:

SO you arent really here to discuss politics, just to be a homophobe

how UN Christ like of you....

satan would be proud

chuck010342

homophobe? could you define that.

are you telling me that Christ would not discuss ideas.

are you also telling me that Satan would be proud of me quoting the scriptures?

dust1n

Zindīq

Well, from the information provided here, it would seem you were calling somebody wrong because they did not know the power of God, or the scriptures...

What did you expect?

Stating somebody is wrong because they do not know the Power of God is as terrible as a C.S.Lewis book.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I said this:

and you are in error because you don't know the power of God and you don't know the scriptures

somebody else said this:

satan would be proud

First of all, why would you take the quotes out of context and post them on a separate thread? Why not ask these questions on the original thread?

For clarity, lets let at the bigger picture.

okay so if I am universally opposed to same sex marriage and want to make it illegal then i'm far right on that issue?

No, you'd be far wrong.

In America that would probably be considered a center right position. For some of the more progressive countries that would be a far right position.

:facepalm:

:sarcastic how UN Christ like of you....

satan would be proud

So you took the discussion away from politics and stated someone (not sure who since you did not quote them specifically) did not know the "power of God" and "did not know scripture", turning into a scriptural debate.

Mr Cheese said the obvious, you were not there to discuss politics, and accused you of homophobia. That is having a fear or hatred for homosexuals. I imagine he came to this conclusion by your "universally opposed to same sex marriage and want to make it illegal" statement.

By UN-Christ like, you have violated Jesus's summation of the entire Law.
Mathew 7:12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Christ's version of the Laws were simple, do unto others, it was not restrict the freedoms of others due to your own fears and hatreds.

And if Satan rejoices at those who worry more about outdated Laws than Christ's actual teachings, he is jumping for joy at your attitude.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus commands were simple- Love God, love your brothers and sisters, love your neighbor as yourself, love your enemies. Do not judge or you will be judged are among His commands. Have mercy and you will be shown mercy is another one. "To do onto others that you have done unto you"(simply, treat people the way you wish to be treated) is one, also. Jesus said to take the log out of your own eye and and not judge the splinter in your brothers' eyes (which means, simply, to worry about your own problems and not to worry about others' problems).
These are all in the Gospels.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you say "scriptures," Chuck, what writings are you referring to?
There are lots of 'scriptures' supporting all sorts of different worldviews and religions. How are those you're familiar with more authoritative than all the others?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I said this:

somebody else said this:

satan would be proud

Good on them. Open your eyes!