• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An I a feminist or a decent human?

Kinan

Does believing in equality make me a feminist or a decent human?
If not,do I have to have a political label on me to be a decent human?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Think most people believe in gender equality, except perhaps a few who can be labelled misogynistic. No it doesn't make you feminist or decent but just a believer that men can be equal to women ;-)

Earthling

David Henson

Its like anything. It depends upon what you do with your belief. Not believing in abortion is one thing, blowing up abortion clinics is another. Believing in animal rights is one thing, throwing blood on someone who wears a fur coat is another. Believing in God is one thing, shoving it down peoples throats is another.

Most likely if you have the political label on you need to read the above paragraph and think really hard about it because its probably too late to fall into the decent human category without some serious change. In other words you get the political label by behaving in the negative ways described above.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Neither. You have to be decent to be a decent human being.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Well, you must identify as a feminist, since you are posting in the Feminist Only DIR. You don't need to identify as a feminist in order to be a decent human being, however.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

That is a strange question. Feminism is about supporting equal rights for women. So yes believing in feminism I guess makes you a decent human being but as @sun rise said there is zero dichotomy. But believing in equal rights for everyone means you're an egalitarian.