• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

an honest broker?

greatcalgarian

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu

In Gaza, the elephant has finally removed its foot from the mouse’s tail. Much to the dismay of the mouse, the behemoth is not done with him. Not this elephant. He has decided to bring his immense weight to bear on the mouse’s miniscule body, sadistically reveling at the sight of the blood oozing from the mouse’s bodily orifices as it is gradually reduces it to a mass of flattened pulp.

I abandoned my neutrality long ago. My thoughts, prayers, support, and activist efforts as an essayist, small Internet publisher, and dissident against the American Empire are with the Palestinians. I am deeply sickened by fact that the United States government finances Israel’s genocide against the Palestinians with my tax dollars. It enrages me that AIPAC and bellicose supporters of Israel dictate so much of our foreign policy.

Enabler of Ethnic Cleansing

The elephant has received over $140 billion in financial support from the United States since World War II. US subsidies to the Israeli government and military average $15 million per day. Palestinian NGO’s were receiving a pitiful $232,000 per day (for non-military use only) from the United States prior to the termination of US aid to punish Palestinians for choosing the “wrong” leaders in their democratic elections.

Thanks to America’s benevolence, Israel possesses a formidable military. Israel has over 3800 tanks, 1500 large artillery pieces, 2000 aircraft (including US manufactured F-16s), and is widely believed to possess powerful nuclear capabilities.

The mouse recently had the audacity to bite the elephant’s toe. Some of the more militant members of the Palestinian community, who refuse to quietly acquiesce to extermination, kidnapped an Israeli soldier, an 18 year old Jewish settler and a 62 year old Israeli man.

An Eye for an Eyelash

In the perverse logic widely employed by Americans and Israelis, three kidnappings warranted Israel unleashing hell upon Gaza. Forget that 9,800 Palestinians in Israeli prisons are routinely subjected to torture while Palestinian prisons hold one Israeli. Never mind the 23 civilian Palestinians murdered by Israeli shelling and air strikes over the last four weeks. And disregard the 4,209 Palestinians that Israel has killed (including 892 children) and the 30,122 they have injured since 9/30/00.

Note: By way of comparison, Palestinian inflicted Israeli deaths totaled 1,113 during this period.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=MIL20060701&articleId=2714

Unes

Premium Member
I do understand that Civilized People totally reject the terrorism against the civilians. I heard people call those suicide bombers as animals. I agree with them hundred percent. I even go beyond that; those suicide bombers are worst than the animals; because in animal kingdom we can not find any other animal to commit suicide like that. Now, aren't we a little bit curious to find out why these worst than animals behave like that? It is fair for me to ask the Civilized People; what is their perception of this odd behavior? If they say, that they are born terrorists, then that would reveal who lacks the intellect in this analysis. "Yes, what is the reason that those Palestinian suicide bombers are behaving worst than animals? Because no animal would commit suicide."

Some people might have heard the term: "when the life is so unbearable, death becomes a relief". From our peaceful and comfortable homes, maybe we never can grasp what this statement means, and that is the problem which limits our ability to really grasp the meaning of this statement. We do understand not all the Palestinians behave like that, but I assume if we, ourselves, were faced with similar hardships some of us would have behaved exactly in similar fashion; worst than animals. I remember a movie which Paul Newman played as an Indian, in that movie he was travelling in a coach with some refined Americans. One lady mentioned: "I heard that Indians eat dogs, they are savages, I never ever could consider such a thing." Toward the end of the movie that lady was tied down to a post by the bandits for ransom, it was harsh sun and lady desperately was begging for help because she was hungry and thirsty, then Paul Newman asked the others: "Now go ask that lady; to save her life whether she would eat dogs or not?"

In dealing with terrorists, FIRST we need to do our part; to avoid making them miserable, desperate, and crazy, and then we could expect and DEMAND that they behave in normal and civilized manner. Because a man without any hope would behave worst than animals.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

greatcalgarian

Unes said:
I do understand that Civilized People totally reject the terrorism against the civilians. I heard people call those suicide bombers as animals. I agree with them hundred percent. I even go beyond that; those suicide bombers are worst than the animals; because in animal kingdom we can not find any other animal to commit suicide like that. Now, aren't we a little bit curious to find out why these worst than animals behave like that? It is fair for me to ask the Civilized People; what is their perception of this odd behavior? If they say, that they are born terrorists, then that would reveal who lacks the intellect in this analysis. "Yes, what is the reason that those Palestinian suicide bombers are behaving worst than animals? Because no animal would commit suicide."

Some people might have heard the term: "when the life is so unbearable, death becomes a relief". From our peaceful and comfortable homes, maybe we never can grasp what this statement means, and that is the problem which limits our ability to really grasp the meaning of this statement. We do understand not all the Palestinians behave like that, but I assume if we, ourselves, were faced with similar hardships some of us would have behaved exactly in similar fashion; worst than animals. I remember a movie which Paul Newman played as an Indian, in that movie he was travelling in a coach with some refined Americans. One lady mentioned: "I heard that Indians eat dogs, they are savages, I never ever could consider such a thing." Toward the end of the movie that lady was tied down to a post by the bandits for ransom, it was harsh sun and lady desperately was begging for help because she was hungry and thirsty, then Paul Newman asked the others: "Now go ask that lady; to save her life whether she would eat dogs or not?"

In dealing with terrorists, FIRST we need to do our part; to avoid making them miserable, desperate, and crazy, and then we could expect and DEMAND that they behave in normal and civilized manner. Because a man without any hope would behave worst than animals.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

Good point. I would equate these 'terrorist' suicide bomber to be the same as the Japanese fighter pilot. Both are resorting to only way left, a weaker against a mightier enemy, and believing their cause is the right cause, they are then prepared to die with honor doing that.

Both are the victim of a blind faith, but one is the victim of an aggressive agenda whereas the other is the victim of being oppress. However in this world where most people only pay tribute to the strong, and scorn on the weak, the Japanese suicide bombers were given the honor (their Prime minister pay respect to them every year) whereas the other is branded as lower than animals.:confused:

Unes

Premium Member
President Bush and US congress they all unanimously condemned Hamas and Hezebollah for instigating this cycle of violence for capturing THREE Israelis' soldiers. Since US Government is so SENSETIVE about who started this violence I would like to know when did the Israelis got those over 9000 Palestinian and Lebanese prisoners in their prisons?

I guess when you are the only super-power you can make these kinds of distortions and nobody dare to correct you!

I am sure during WW II Germans were delighted and cheerful for Nazis' bombing cities like Warsaw, London, Petrograd and many more. They also committed Holocaust. I remember we did condemn the Nazis for war crimes. How soon one can forget!? Is this the way that the civilized people suppose to behave?

Besides, aren't we praising Samson as great hero? Wasn't Samson great suicide destroyer who fought for the rights his people?

May God Bless us all,
Unes

greatcalgarian

Unes said:
President Bush and US congress they all unanimously condemned Hamas and Hezebollah for instigating this cycle of violence for capturing THREE Israelis' soldiers. Since US Government is so SENSETIVE about who started this violence I would like to know when did the Israelis got those over 9000 Palestinian and Lebanese prisoners in their prisons?

I guess when you are the only super-power you can make these kinds of distortions and nobody dare to correct you!

I am sure during WW II Germans were delighted and cheerful for Nazis' bombing cities like Warsaw, London, Petrograd and many more. They also committed Holocaust. I remember we did condemn the Nazis for war crimes. How soon one can forget!? Is this the way that the civilized people suppose to behave?

Besides, aren't we praising Samson as great hero? Wasn't Samson great suicide destroyer who fought for the rights his people?

May God Bless us all,
Unes
Frubals to you for your observation.

It is not "nobody dare to correct you". It is the power of the monopoly of the press and other media that allows very effective propaganda and brain washing of public opinion, where the superpower control of the media is resulting in the control of the world opinion. It may be true that freedom of expression is still going on. But this limited "freedom" will hardly make any changes to the majority opinion which was already being inplanted and shaped. Just like many Americans still blindly believed the Government story of the 9/11, and refused to look at the evidence that point to the US Government involvement or another power involving and a certain conspiracy was going on to allow or to plan 9/11 to occur (frankly speaking, I do not believe Osama has enough resources to engineer the happening of 9/11), and have been made to believe that 9/11 is caused by this 'evil' muslim terrorist fundamentalist trying to defeat west democracy etc etc.

Unes

Premium Member
Poor Israelis they have to put up with so much hardship and sacrifices to survive in a Hostile Occupied Territory.

You know the Israelis have built many nice houses in the settlements in the occupied West Bank. Some of those houses have swimming pool too. Of course we civilized people do agree that Israelis are entitled to a little bit of luxury, since the weather in Palestine sometimes gets very hot, and the civilized people do need to have swimming pool for their comfort. Now that we understood the Israelis' civilized behavior we need to observe that the Palestinians do not get enough water for their farms to feed themselves. The water which in the past was used for farming, now a big chunk of it has been diverted for settlers' consumption. Besides, some of them in order just to go to their farms they have to cross the Israelis check points.

Is this the situation that we, THE CIVILIZED PEOPLE, could call it Just, Right, Civilized, and Equitable for BOTH sides?

May God Bless us all,
Unes

Booko

Deviled Hen
Unes said:
It is understood well, that the Israelis' are entitle to live in peace.
What about the Palestinian, aren't they entitled to live in peace?

Yes.

US as the Super Power is supposed to be an honest broker.

I've never understood why anyone would consider us to be an honest broker, given Israel is a strong ally and the money we send their way.

That's doesn't mean we have to be DIShonest, but we are hardly impartial.

But US is supplying the Israelis with the best weapons, with many billions of financial aids, and supporting them unconditionally in the International political arena.

I was, frankly, astounded to find that we only gave $40mil to Lebanon in aid last year.

We can hardly be surprised if some people their embrace Hezbollah. Their Iranian masters have loaded them with cash, and *some* of it is spent to feed and educate people and get them medical care. If you don't know much about what's going on around you and the people who are taking care of you are Hezbollah, who would you naturally think you should back? The people who make the bombs people are dropping on you?

If we want to defuse the backing of terrorist groups, it would help if we didn't act so stupidly in cases like this.

US as the Supper Power is supposed to be the leader of the civilized world, is this really the behavior of an intelligent people which we could be proud of?

I never understood why anyone would assume that the US, being the world superpower in the *developed* world, would naturally be a leader.

Oh sure, we *should* be. But the history of nations is that gov'ts act in their self-interest first. If they have a little spare time to consider it, they might worry a bit about the welfare of humanity.

That only seems to happen when the pictures of abject suffering hit the page of newspapers and tv screens, and the populace sees for themselves the tragedy. Then gov'ts can be spurred to action by their people.

I might be jaded. Maybe I'm just a realist. It's your call.

greatcalgarian

This is the reason why we could not see any peace in the near future in the middle east:

Reports from the US suggest Washington has been asked to speed up a shipment of precision bombs sold as part of a deal with Israel last year.

According to a report in the New York Times, Israel made the request after it began its air assault on Hezbollah targets in Lebanon 12 days ago.
The weapons, including five-tonne laser-guided bombs, are part of a sale signed last year. Unnamed US officials say the request to speed up delivery is unusual.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5207066.stm

Only when other nations stop supplying weapon to the middle east, then only we can see the possibility of peace there.

Booko

Deviled Hen
greatcalgarian said:
Only when other nations stop supplying weapon to the middle east, then only we can see the possibility of peace there.

What makes you think a lack of conventional military weapons equals peace?

greatcalgarian

Booko said:
What makes you think a lack of conventional military weapons equals peace?

A lack of any weapon, be it conventional or advanced weapon, will enable peace process to emerge, as you do not expect a war to be carried on with soldiers having no weapon to fight with?:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
greatcalgarian said:
A lack of any weapon, be it conventional or advanced weapon, will enable peace process to emerge, as you do not expect a war to be carried on with soldiers having no weapon to fight with?:D

You miss my point, GC.

If we removed every weapon from the area, you could still make bombs from fertilizer.

It worked quite well for Timothy McVeigh, didn't it?

There is no such thing as a lack of weapons.

Real peace will come when there is a change of many hearts.

Unes

Premium Member
Booko said:
US as the Super Power is supposed to be an honest broker.
I've never understood why anyone would consider us to be an honest broker, given Israel is a strong ally and the money we send their way.
That's doesn't mean we have to be DIShonest, but we are hardly impartial.
Booko, it is okay that US helps Israel; because Israel is a strong ally. But assisting Israelis in their aggression against the indigene people that is totally different matter. In previous posts I explained that it is our resposibility to stop our friends if they are commiting a crime.

Booko, here we are talking about the International Law. US as a Civilized country is bound to respect the International Laws. By the way, this was the US herself who was the main architec of those laws and put them in the books. Booko, the International Laws demand us to be impartial and respect the law. This is the essence of our Civilization. We can not demand that the others have to obey the Laws and we ourselves break the Laws by distorting the facts and assisting the Israelis to commit gross atrocities against the indigenes people. Booko, it sounds that you are totally confused about this!

Booko, let me give you an example perhaps then you get it how wrong you have been. Respecting the International Laws is similar to administering justice equally inside the USA. Can you imagine what would happen if the US government announces since the poor do not contribute to the economy then US government do not care about them and they do not have any rights in the US Justice system?

Either we are a civilized law biding people or we are an outlaw there is no other choice.

Booko said:
Well, this is the essence of what I have been talking about! We have to uphold the law equally for both sides. US has been delusional by thinking the great military force would silence the humiliated Palestinians.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

greatcalgarian

Booko said:
You miss my point, GC.

If we removed every weapon from the area, you could still make bombs from fertilizer.

It worked quite well for Timothy McVeigh, didn't it?

There is no such thing as a lack of weapons.

They will soon run out of fertilizers. There will be no crop. People will be starved to death. And uprising will take place, where ordinary peace loving citizen from both sides will rise and remove those war-loving leaders, and then peace will arrive in middle east.
The current situation is all due to outside power wanting to prolong the explosive situation there, through selling of weapon and in return getting all the oil there.

As I have stated in another thread, if there was no oil in middle east, no body will care whether the Jews return to their ancestor land or not.

Booko

Deviled Hen
greatcalgarian said:
They will soon run out of fertilizers. There will be no crop. People will be starved to death. And uprising will take place, where ordinary peace loving citizen from both sides will rise and remove those war-loving leaders, and then peace will arrive in middle east.

This is the best comedy I've read all day. :D

The current situation is all due to outside power wanting to prolong the explosive situation there, through selling of weapon and in return getting all the oil there.

And in diverting their own oppressed populations from the fact that their own governments are oppressive. And in the interests of some in pushing fanatical "religious" ideas.

Or hadn't you noticed that both sides are being interfered with?

As I have stated in another thread, if there was no oil in middle east, no body will care whether the Jews return to their ancestor land or not.

Oh, probably the Palestinians would still care.

Unes

Premium Member
Are we interested to build and to promote a civilized law bidding world community?
Then, that is why we are being obligated to be fair for both sides.
Then, we need to formulate a comprehensive solution which addresses all the issues. And that is doable, it only requires a genuine effort and some creative thoughts.

Or we are going to say the friendship over-rides everything?
Then, in this case we would assist our friends to murder, destroy, and vandalize with no concern about the other people's welfare.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

greatcalgarian

Booko said:
This is the best comedy I've read all day. :D

Oh, probably the Palestinians would still care.

Glad you find that entertaining.

Of course Palestinians would still care, they have been "displaced forcibly" from their homeland. Unless these Palestinians are sub-human, and the Israelis are higher class citizen.:confused:

Unes

Premium Member
In recent history Jews have been the subject of two extreme experiments. At first extreme they suffered enormously during WWII from the holocausts and other atrocity, and at the second extreme they have become the super power in the Middle East. Now they have to deal with this extreme seduction of using that power. The justification for using the power it becomes even easier with the hostile environment which they are in or they have created for themselves. In this scenario it would be extremely difficult to reject the violence and seek for an amicable solution.

But, that is the challenge for a rich culture; how they can deal with these difficult situations with civilty! An it seems at the present situation they have lost that civility edge.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

greatcalgarian

Unes said:
In recent history Jews have been the subject of two extreme experiments. At first extreme they suffered enormously during WWII from the holocausts and other atrocity, and at the second extreme they have become the super power in the Middle East. Now they have to deal with this extreme seduction of using that power. The justification for using the power it becomes even easier with the hostile environment which they are in or they have created for themselves. In this scenario it would be extremely difficult to reject the violence and seek for an amicable solution.

But, that is the challenge for a rich culture; how they can deal with these difficult situations with civilty! An it seems at the present situation they have lost that civility edge.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

Responsibility comes with power. Guess we just have to wait until Israel understand that.

Unes

Premium Member
The Israelites inherited a rich culture of diverse academic and intellectual. Now the Israelites should be ashamed that they are behaving like the Nazi regime. We have condemned the Nazi regime as the limits of human barbarism. This savage behavior has ruined that rich Israelis' heritage. It is so difficult to resist the temptation of the military power. But it requires a great culture not to fall for such temptation. This has been so easy to move from the angel side of human spectrum to the evil side of the human spectrum.

It is worth mentioning that we, the Americans, have played a major role in this transformation.

May God Bless us all,
Unes