• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Atheistic Christmas Coloring Book:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, but when Christmas has nothing to do with Christ, then it's like Boxing Day has nothing to do with boxing.

Heh...
I chuckled, but more seriously...

A lot of us have Christian friends and families, and live in Christian-ish societies.
I'm happy to call it Christmas, so people know what I'm talking about and to fit in with them.

Despite the cries about 'wars on Christmas', not many of us are at all interested in killing it off.

Besides, it's not like it's Jesus' actual birthday or anything. We're almost all involved in a little bit of shoulder shrugging on this.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Heh...
I chuckled, but more seriously...

A lot of us have Christian friends and families, and live in Christian-ish societies.
I'm happy to call it Christmas, so people know what I'm talking about and to fit in with them.

Despite the cries about 'wars on Christmas', not many of us are at all interested in killing it off.

Besides, it's not like it's Jesus' actual birthday or anything. We're almost all involved in a little bit of shoulder shrugging on this.

My original comment about calling it "Athemas" was indeed a bit tongue-in-cheek, but you have to admit that the coloring book seems to be a lot more accepting of the other various sources for Christmas traditions--St. Nick, Krampus, Yule, etc.--than it is of the "Christ" part of "Christmas." Like, we can accept all the other mythologies that go into Christmas, but let's strip it of the Christian ones and be rational about this thing, ok?

So yeah, you can celebrate Christmas without Christ, but I think it's hard to get rid of all the bias, no matter which side you're on.