• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amoral god?

Demonslayer

What powers do you mean?

How 'bout the power of flight, that do anything for ya? That's levitation, Holmes.
How 'bout the power, to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with mind bullets! That's telekinesis Kyle.
How 'bout the power, to move you?

Demonslayer

I think God can have some human like attributes. I think he is a soul, just like we are. However, he's on a different level. I think he might have some form of curiousity.

How can an omniscient being be curious? He knows everything there is to know. Hey, I'm curious what's in that box...oh wait, it's a fruitcake I already know that, bummer.

Aiviu

How 'bout the power of flight, that do anything for ya? That's levitation, Holmes.
How 'bout the power, to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with mind bullets! That's telekinesis Kyle.
How 'bout the power, to move you?

Sorry, it was about power of one God. Not of a wannabe God.

DavidFirth

If God is omnipotent, he cannot be benevolent in a world of suffering
But if God is benevolent, it makes no sense to assume he's omnipotent

Well, he created the universe, so odds are he's omnipotent. Now, that's not the same as saying he's "perfect". It just means he "can" do anything. So most likely, God is amoral. This would mean God doens't care about morality.
Honestly, I don't think God knows what pain feels like. He's never had a physical body. He designed pain in the human brain as a defense mechanism and that's it. He doesn't know or care about suffering.
When was the last time you went out of your way to help an ant, a roach, or a fly? Think of how complex our minds are compared to theirs. Now picture God... Our mind is like the mind of an insect compared to Gods mind which is infinitely more complex than ours. God can't relate to our feelings any more than we can relate to a bugs.

Thank God for the good stuff that happens is like thanking the person who invented CPR for you being ressucitated, rather than the person who gave you CRP
Blaming God for the bad things that happen is like blaming gravity for someone falling to their death.

A good reading of Genesis will answer most of your questions. Read it, then come back and we'll talk.