• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish for Trump

Daemon Sophic

Biden is no slouch at manipulating the masses either.
He's far ahead in the polls.
And it certainly isn't his dubious record in office
that makes him popular with progressives.
Yes. Some who were duped in 2016 and voted incorrectly for Trump have gained knowledge.
The rest of us have become less complacent with the cheating and manipulation of the right wing media, and along with Biden are fighting it with facts/reality.
A well informed populous is necessary for the survival of a democracy.
Aye, twas long ago that I stopped donating money to NPR.
I won't support an arm of the Democratic Party.
Too bad.
Again, there are the liars and propaganda on the right. A little bit of name-calling from the left due to crimes and stupidity from the right. And reality, usually from sources now labelled “left-wing media” who try to educate people (although obviously the right’s lies spread faster to isolated, low-information voters like the Amish).
NPR is there with Scientific American, Nat. Geo. and others who simply tell the truth and present you with reality.
You’ve just slipped and slid so far right that you think they are spouting Left Propaganda :mad: :eek:

Sad. :facepalm:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. Some who were duped in 2016 and voted incorrectly for Trump have gained knowledge.
The rest of us have become less complacent with the cheating and manipulation of the right wing media, and along with Biden are fighting it with facts/reality.
A well informed populous is necessary for the survival of a democracy.
Too bad.
Again, there are the liars and propaganda on the right. A little bit of name-calling from the left due to crimes and stupidity from the right. And reality, usually from sources now labelled “left-wing media” who try to educate people (although obviously the right’s lies spread faster to isolated, low-information voters like the Amish).
NPR is there with Scientific American, Nat. Geo. and others who simply tell the truth and present you with reality.
You’ve just slipped and slid so far right that you think they are spouting Left Propaganda :mad: :eek:

Sad. :facepalm:
I'm sorry to have made you sad.
But RF is a dangerous place for snowflakes.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Points out the problem with our prisons.
Punishment for a crime shouldn't mean
a high risk of assault in prison.
(Slightly) different in the UK I believe - segregation and all that - but those two would still go to jail, and rightfully so.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Biden is no slouch at manipulating the masses either.
He's far ahead in the polls.
And it certainly isn't his dubious record in office
that makes him popular with progressives.
Biden isn't popular with progressives. The only thing that speaks for him is, as you said, not being Trump.

Shaul

Premium Member
No, I am obviously not saying that.

You’ve got a bad case of ‘Trump logic’
My bad. I forgot to whom I was writing. Of course you want people to watch biased anti-Trump media. Otherwise they might get an unfiltered opinion about Trump, like the Amish, and like who they see.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Wait, are you calling the Amish regressed? To slam a religious minority on RF. For shame.

Your noble defense of a religious minority is unnecessary. The Amish are proudly regressed. It's their entire claim to fame.

But I'll remember how concerned you are about criticism of religious minorities in the future. Thank you for sharing.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So many watch echo chambers for news.
This doesn't make the more knowledgeable,
just more fervently partisan.

This really does seem to be a major problem, now.
There was some (to my mind) bizarre comments on the tv where people were comparing generally favourable opinions about our state leader (based on polling) with extremely negative publicity he was receiving, as if it was hard to reconcile the two and we'd entered bizarro land. But Australian media...more than almost anywhere in the world...is controlled by a small number of players. If they decide someone is getting negative publicity, and a few key advocacy groups decide the same, they can push that point very effectively. It's extremely obvious, without even worrying about which side of the left-right fence the players are on.

That's without mentioning the frankly incestuous manner in which people consume 'news' on platforms like Facebook, amongst others, where there isn't even a pretense of fact-checking.

At this point, I'm cheering for anyone who promotes discussion, investigation, transparency and process improvements, almost apart from their policy decisions.
And it's hard to find people to cheer for.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
“The times they are a changing” -Bob Dylan

Getting out the vote - Amish PAC's Plain Voter Project
There are, the last time I studied this, over 15 orders of Amish, and some are quite liberal, even some owning cars. The Old Order Amish are the most well known and I believe still the largest.

BTW, I've spent some limited time with them in northern Indiana as part of my studies when I was teaching a comparative religions course. Absolutely fascinating people, let me tell ya.