• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Americans moving to Canada over Gay Marriage*:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
CIcBh1nVEAIIrrH.jpg

CIcBh1jUcAEDj8S.jpg

CIcBh3VUAAAxP1w.jpg

CIcBh1iVAAAOjnu.jpg

*Gay Marriage has been legal in Canada for 10 years.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think I can help these guys out.

Here is a list of appropriate countries to move to if you are upset about same-sex marriage being legal. (source)

Yemen: According to 1994 penal code, married men can be sentenced to death by stoning for homosexual intercourse. Unmarried men face whipping or one year in prison. Women face up to seven years in prison.

Iran: In accordance with sharia law, homosexual intercourse between men can be punished by death, and men can be flogged for lesser acts such as kissing. Women may be flogged.

Iraq: The penal code does not expressly prohibit homosexual acts, but people have been killed by militias and sentenced to death by judges citing sharia law.

Mauritania: Muslim men engaging in homosexual sex can be stoned to death, according to a 1984 law. Women face prison.

Nigeria: Federal law classifies homosexual behavior as a felony punishable by imprisonment, but several states have adopted sharia law and imposed a death penalty for men. A law signed in early January makes it illegal for gay people countrywide to hold a meeting or form clubs.

Qatar: Sharia law in Qatar applies only to Muslims, who can be put to death for extramarital sex, regardless of sexual orientation.

Saudi Arabia: Under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death. All sex outside of marriage is illegal.

Somalia: The penal code stipulates prison, but in some southern regions, Islamic courts have imposed Sharia law and the death penalty.

Sudan: Three-time offenders under the sodomy law can be put to death; first and second convictions result in flogging and imprisonment. Southern parts of the country have adopted more lenient laws.

United Arab Emirates: Lawyers in the country and other experts disagree on whether federal law proscribes the death penalty for consensual homosexual sex or only for rape. In a recent Amnesty International report, the organization said it was not aware of any death sentences for homosexual acts. All sexual acts outside of marriage are banned.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Here is a list of appropriate countries to move to if you are upset about same-sex marriage being legal. (source)

Yemen: According to 1994 penal code, married men can be sentenced to death by stoning for homosexual intercourse. Unmarried men face whipping or one year in prison. Women face up to seven years in prison.

Iran: In accordance with sharia law, homosexual intercourse between men can be punished by death, and men can be flogged for lesser acts such as kissing. Women may be flogged.

Iraq: The penal code does not expressly prohibit homosexual acts, but people have been killed by militias and sentenced to death by judges citing sharia law.

Mauritania: Muslim men engaging in homosexual sex can be stoned to death, according to a 1984 law. Women face prison.

Nigeria: Federal law classifies homosexual behavior as a felony punishable by imprisonment, but several states have adopted sharia law and imposed a death penalty for men. A law signed in early January makes it illegal for gay people countrywide to hold a meeting or form clubs.

Qatar: Sharia law in Qatar applies only to Muslims, who can be put to death for extramarital sex, regardless of sexual orientation.

Saudi Arabia: Under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death. All sex outside of marriage is illegal.

Somalia: The penal code stipulates prison, but in some southern regions, Islamic courts have imposed Sharia law and the death penalty.

Sudan: Three-time offenders under the sodomy law can be put to death; first and second convictions result in flogging and imprisonment. Southern parts of the country have adopted more lenient laws.

United Arab Emirates: Lawyers in the country and other experts disagree on whether federal law proscribes the death penalty for consensual homosexual sex or only for rape. In a recent Amnesty International report, the organization said it was not aware of any death sentences for homosexual acts. All sexual acts outside of marriage are banned.

...and Australia. I suspect that will be short-lived, but for now, you can include us on this dubious list.
*sighs*

Recently, Grahame Morris, a former advisor to the currently in power Liberal party of Australia (our conservatives, incidentally) went with this little snippet when talking about recent polls showing most Australians are in favour of marriage equality.

The trigger was a vote in Ireland. Now I love the Irish, the parliament is full of Irishmen but these are people who can’t grow potatoes, they’ve got a mutant lawn weed as their national symbol and they can’t verbalise the difference between tree and the number three. But, and then all of a sudden, Australia has to follow suit.

Yes, my friends, this is the current level of 'debate' which gets an airing.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Win-Win..........
Equality takes a giant stride forward and legions of homophobes and bigots sod off out of the country.
Nice touch! :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't forget China, Russia and India. That greatly increases the options. Pick your prison.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope some of them manage to quit their job, sell their home, relinquish their citizenship, deplete their savings, and finally reestablish themselves in Canada before finding out.
Did Canada beat your favorite hockey team or something?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Also as a special treat to anyone moving to Canada to flee the oppression of same sex marriage, if they decide to move to Ontario (Canada's biggest province) we could arrange a special welcome from Premier Wynne.

And her wife.

wynne_wife.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The stupidy of moving to Canada because America legalized gay marriage doesn't surprise me, but the irony is very sweet and delicious.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The stupidy of moving to Canada because America legalized gay marriage doesn't surprise me, but the irony is very sweet and delicious.
I much prefer the stupidity of moving there to avoid the draft.
Fortunately, Nixon (the great emancipator) cancelled that before I became @Wirey's neighbor, eh.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I much prefer the stupidity of moving there to avoid the draft.
At least avoid thing draft involved taking a stand to refuse to go to a war that America really didn't belong in, and it wasn't going away from on nation drafting people to go to another that was.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
CIcBh1nVEAIIrrH.jpg

CIcBh1jUcAEDj8S.jpg

CIcBh3VUAAAxP1w.jpg

CIcBh1iVAAAOjnu.jpg

*Gay Marriage has been legal in Canada for 10 years.
Poetic. *Grin*

Also as a special treat to anyone moving to Canada to flee the oppression of same sex marriage, if they decide to move to Ontario (Canada's biggest province) we could arrange a special welcome from Premier Wynne.

And her wife.

wynne_wife.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Followed by a later coffee with Toronto ex-mayor Rob Ford, recounting the days over fighting the rainbow flag at city hall.

Damm. They missed the parade.