• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muslims Are Now More Accepting Of Homosexuality Than White Evangelicals

shmogie

The world is full of nasty people. Anybody who terrifies, bullies, attacks, threatens or hurts others should be put away.

It's just so sad that this poor misinformed lady, filled with bad-un-Christian bigotry when she could be filled with beautiful Christian love and understanding took notice of bad tenets which are incorrect when she could have increased her business, met some (mostly) nice new customers and had a happy experience.
You sir, obviously know not of what you speak. Calling her a bigot, when the record is replete with what the animal ******** did to her, and her family.

shmogie

Rubbish!
Catholics and Protestants killed many more of each other here in the UK than the total combined incidents caused by a few extremist Islamic Terrorists.

Come and visit...... our Muslims are mostly very nice folks.
Yeah, thatś what I hear. Too bad more than half are on your welfare system sucking the few taxpayers dry. A liberal Brit, liberalism is bad, but a liberal Brit is the blindest of all.

shmogie

Got it! This explains so much to me!
So Jesus made the heavens and Earth, and Adam and Eve?
So it was Jesus who drowned nearly every living creature and person in the World with a Flood. It was Jesus who killed thousands of little Egyptian babies that night. It was Jesus who ordered the 'out-of-hand' killing of many neighbouring tribes, and who burned so many. The bringer of the sword and death.

Now I see how some so-called Christians are so hateful and violent.
Got it.
God is God. He, for his own reasonś can deal with what he created as he chooses. There are reasons for his actions in establishing Israel, whether you like them, or not, it is irrelevant to him. With Christ a new and better dispensation came, Israel, failed after God gave it every opportunity to be established, and carry out his desires for the entire world. Jesus is God, God is Jesus

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
First of all, it's proven enough that were here from two people.

And as for.Cain, Cain never married his sister, all because Adam and Eve never had any daughters to begin with.

This you are absolutely right about.
You display a rather dubious grasp of logic and consistency of thought. Let's examine what you wrote, shall we?

Premise 1 (yours): "it's proven enough that were here from two people."
Premise 2 (yours): "Adam and Eve never had any daughters."
Conclusion 1 (yours): Cain never married his sister (by Premise 2 alone)

And there, inexplicably, you left it. Now, then,

Conclusion 2 (mine): If Cain never married his sister, then either Cain never married anybody (and therefore the human race comes rapidly to an end) or there was some other, unmentioned female human who Cain did marry, and we are here not from two, but from a minimum of 3 people.

Premise 3 (mine): This does not seem to solve the problem of genetic drift through intermarriage, however, since whomever was Cain's offspring (in this case, we must suppose, Enoch) will have the same problem -- who to marry? Well, it's either got be Eve, or his own mother -- or yet another created female not related to Adam or Eve or Cain.

Conclusion 3 (mine): either God went on a "female creation spree" for some time which every biblical writer has been at pains to hush up, since it's never written about, or the whole premise was nuts before we started. I'm choosing the second option.

DavidFirth

Cain did marry his sister. The prohibition against marrying one's sister did not come until Moses.

Genesis 5:4
After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

So we see Adam had other children including daughters.

Faithofchristian

Got it! This explains so much to me!
So Jesus made the heavens and Earth, and Adam and Eve?
So it was Jesus who drowned nearly every living creature and person in the World with a Flood. It was Jesus who killed thousands of little Egyptian babies that night. It was Jesus who ordered the 'out-of-hand' killing of many neighbouring tribes, and who burned so many. The bringer of the sword and death.

Now I see how some so-called Christians are so hateful and violent.
Got it.
Look, Christians were not even around at the time of the old testament. Christians are of the new testament. Christians did come to be, until about 70 years after the death of Jesus.

Faithofchristian

You display a rather dubious grasp of logic and consistency of thought. Let's examine what you wrote, shall we?

Premise 1 (yours): "it's proven enough that were here from two people."
Premise 2 (yours): "Adam and Eve never had any daughters."
Conclusion 1 (yours): Cain never married his sister (by Premise 2 alone)

And there, inexplicably, you left it. Now, then,

Conclusion 2 (mine): If Cain never married his sister, then either Cain never married anybody (and therefore the human race comes rapidly to an end) or there was some other, unmentioned female human who Cain did marry, and we are here not from two, but from a minimum of 3 people.

Premise 3 (mine): This does not seem to solve the problem of genetic drift through intermarriage, however, since whomever was Cain's offspring (in this case, we must suppose, Enoch) will have the same problem -- who to marry? Well, it's either got be Eve, or his own mother -- or yet another created female not related to Adam or Eve or Cain.

Conclusion 3 (mine): either God went on a "female creation spree" for some time which every biblical writer has been at pains to hush up, since it's never written about, or the whole premise was nuts before we started. I'm choosing the second option.

Well you summed it all up, you don't have a clue where Cain's wife came from she sure didn't come from Adam and Eve because Adam and Eve did not have any daughters,

Look at Adams genealogy nothing about Adam having any daughters. All you find Seth the son of Adam that's all you find in the genealogy of Adam descendants.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Cain did marry his sister. The prohibition against marrying one's sister did not come until Moses.

Genesis 5:4
After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

So we see Adam had other children including daughters.
Okay, so God created the first batch of humans without the propensity to genetic drift due to intermarriage. Now, a quick question comes to mind -- why did God turn that propensity on only at the time of Moses? And was it just a genetic tweak, or was it a major change? Oh, I get it -- since he was busy changing the genome so we couldn't interbreed anymore, he also tweaked it so we couldn't live as long! After all, how many 800 year-olds do you know?

I confess, I have a really poor opinion about what people are capable of believing, or how they are willing to simply invent new caveats and spurious, ad-hoc additions to what scripture actually tells them, to explain the inexplicable (generally hoping nobody notices that they've just introduced some new, special condition which God was busy with but neglected to tell those he "inspired" to write his biography).

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well you summed it all up, you don't have a clue where Cain's wife came from she sure didn't come from Adam and Eve because Adam and Eve did not have any daughters,

Look at Adams genealogy nothing about Adam having any daughters. All you find Seth the son of Adam that's all you find in the genealogy of Adam descendants.
Yes, so what are claiming? You've just admitted I'm right in saying you're wrong, but haven't yet admitted you're wrong. No answers? Nothing?

Faithofchristian

Yes, so what are claiming? You've just admitted I'm right in saying you're wrong, but haven't yet admitted you're wrong. No answers? Nothing?

You, yourself have not proven where Cain's wife came from and it sure wasn't from Adam and Eve cause Adam and Eve didn't have any daughters.

Look in the Genealogy of Adam, there is nothing there about Adam having any daughters, so where did Cain's wife come from.

In the genealogy of Adam, only Adams son Seth is mentioned.

Faithofchristian

Okay, so God created the first batch of humans without the propensity to genetic drift due to intermarriage. Now, a quick question comes to mind -- why did God turn that propensity on only at the time of Moses? And was it just a genetic tweak, or was it a major change? Oh, I get it -- since he was busy changing the genome so we couldn't interbreed anymore, he also tweaked it so we couldn't live as long! After all, how many 800 year-olds do you know?

I confess, I have a really poor opinion about what people are capable of believing, or how they are willing to simply invent new caveats and spurious, ad-hoc additions to what scripture actually tells them, to explain the inexplicable (generally hoping nobody notices that they've just introduced some new, special condition which God was busy with but neglected to tell those he "inspired" to write his biography).

That is not about Adam having sons and daughters.
Look Genesis 5:4 --"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters"

Look see the two words above ( and he)
being Seth had sons and daughters.
And not Adam.

So again, where did Cain's wife come from, seeing Adam and Eve did not have any daughters.
Seth had sons and daughters, but not Adam.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Whoa ! Jesus never said a word about animal cruelty, necrophelia, ponzi schemes or climate change either. So.in your world, anything that Jesus did;nt mention is subject to your complete and total self interpretation ?

Rubbish! I have no agenda for or against SSM or gays, I simply support Freedom and Equality.

But you obviously DO apply your own complete and total self interpretation to the true message of Jesus.
That's sad, because it produces a self-righteous bigot in some Christians, imo.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You sir, obviously know not of what you speak. Calling her a bigot, when the record is replete with what the animal ******** did to her, and her family.

Oh you poor poor misguided person. :D

Don't you realise what the self-righteous judgemental extremist fantical Christians ariound her would have done if she had cooked a gay cake, or whatever?

However, if she had cooked their cake (whatever) she would have been exhibiting the kind of true love, guts and FAITH that Jesus promoted.

Youtr agenda blinds you to simple truths.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeah, thatś what I hear. Too bad more than half are on your welfare system sucking the few taxpayers dry. A liberal Brit, liberalism is bad, but a liberal Brit is the blindest of all.

More bigotry on the horizon there?

How wrong you are! Our Muslim population, along with our Hindu and Sikh populations, are the ones which run our corner shops, diagnose in our surgeries (my doctor is Muslim), qualify in our universities, run so many businesses.

Blinded by bigotry! BBB!
Sad.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jesus is God, God is Jesus

Yeah.... we got the message.
And so YOUR Jesus is the one who down through the ages has killed, drowned, tortured, executed, burned, destroyed and generally been a rather nasty, envious, jealous entity? Is that the one?

You've got your names mixed up, friend!

The real Jesus was for love, compassion, understanding and care for ALL. You need to go and find the real one, maybe?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Look, Christians were not even around at the time of the old testament. Christians are of the new testament. Christians did come to be, until about 70 years after the death of Jesus.

Look, real Christians follow the real Jesus, the Jesus of love, understanding and togetherness.

Other Christians, the bad uns, follow the Jesus who killed and burned and used the sword, and drowned..... the one that you identified!

You could do well to go find the real Jesus?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Like Avis, they're #2 so they try harder.

You hire cars?
Last time I hired a car the villains wanted my credit, criminal, driving and other histories, plus a £1000 deposit non-refundable if I even scratched the worn out crate, and then charged me zillions per day. Now those thieves I would ban............ but gays and SSM really should be free.

The huge majority of our Muslims are ok folks. Honest.
How easily the tables can turn.... do you remember when I ran a thread which focused upon some Muslims who batter their kids if they cannot learn the Koran to Hafiz standards? (If your kid is a hafiz you get automatic entry to heaven). How the membership screamed at me for that.
By the way, are any of your sproglets hafiz? No? OK. I'll see you in the other place, then. :p