• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muslims Are Now More Accepting Of Homosexuality Than White Evangelicals

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I rather expect that this is not what it seems on the face of it. Being gay in Islam is not a big deal... unless... you act on your impulses. If you adopt and live a gay lifestyle you are simply going against a rather large mountain of Islamic jurisprudence that no amount of progressiveness can overcome.

Another small point is that though Evangelical knuckle-draggers may not embrace gays, and certainly not the gay lifestyle, I would suspect that very few would call for the death of gays or for there to be criminal charges resulting from homosexual activity. Islam is not quite so kind.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is always a good thing when any group learns to accept LGBT better.

What to conclude from the OP, though, is far less clear.

I can point out the obvious - that this acceptance is not indicative of Islaam as a whole, and that there are few if any indications that this is a trend developing among Muslims outside the USA.

How much of a significant trend those numbers indicate is arguable and will depend a lot on the methodology used. Whether the trend is related to Evangelicals, Muslims or both is also less than clear. Perhaps it is just a reflection of how difficult it is to be ignorant of the basic decency of LGBT groups in the USA, and how stubborn in denying reality some Christian groups are?

I would like to be convinced otherwise. But I am not holding my breath.

Faithofchristian

If you read the Muslims q'uran, you would find out why Muslims are becoming to accept homosexuality, to get the upper hand, Muslims are told in their q'uran to do what ever it takes for them to deceive the infidel to over take them, Therefore Muslims will pretend to like homosexualls until they the upper hand and then at that right time,Muslims will turn on the homosexualls and kill them with everyone else.
If the gay community thinks Muslims are becoming their friends just to be friends.They are badly mistaken. If this was true,which it is not, Then why is there No homosexualls in all those muslims countries.because the homosexualls know if they came out, they would be takes on top of buildings and threw off. So the homosexualls stay in hidding or there is not no homosexualls in those Muslim countries. Either way, Muslims are not nor will Muslims accept the homosexualls life style, if it looks like Muslims are acceptive to homosexualls Muslims have a deep under handed agenda a waiting for homosexualls and that's a guarantee.

Just get a hold of the Muslims q'uran and there you will find exactly what muslims believe about homosexualls.

And how the Q'uran promotes deceiving and lying to gain the upper hand over those.
That Muslims consider to be infidel's.
Go Figure??

Faithofchristian

Let's see if to what your saying has any common sense to it.
Let's take an apple, and say, I don't accept the apple core, but I do accept the apple.

But yet the apple core is the apple. If you take away the apple core you destroy the apple, both go together, you can not separate the apple core from the apple and still have the apple.the apple core is what makes up the apple.

The same with homosexuality, if you take homosexuality out of the equation, there is no homosexualls.
The two go hand and hand, there is no separation.
Look I am Christian, but that does not mean in no way. Am I to go out promoting the killings of homosexualls, No.

If a homosexual wants to live that life style what is that to me, but nothing, that's their life, I am not in this world, to tell another on how to live their life.
If a homosexual ask me about my life style. I will talk with them and explain, but it is not for me to condemn anyone.

There is no where that Christ Jesus said while he was here on earth, to go out and kill the sodomite, which are homosexualls.
In the New Testaments.

But however According to the Muslims q'uran it does promote the killings of homosexualls, that to do what ever it takes to destroy them, even to the point of making the homosexualls think Muslims are their best of friends.
In the Muslims q'uran it promotes lying, deceving, to gain the upper hand of the infidel. Until the right time comes around, and then kill the infidel.homosexualls.

The month of June is the month of jihada.which is the month to kill the infidel.

Look as a Christian I too am consider as a infidel and that Jew's are also considered an infidels and are to be killed According to the Muslims q'uran.

Anyone who is not of the Muslims religion Islam, are considered an infidel and are to be killed According to the Muslims q'uran.

Therefore it's not just homosexualls that are an infidel, but Christians,Jews, and anyone else who is not of the Islam religion. Are considered an infidel.
The Question is? How are you to take Muslims at their word, when their Q'uran promotes Muslims to lie and deceive ?

Last edited:

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Why just American Muslims and why now so suddenly? Aren't the rest still throwing them off of rooftops? Have American Muslims denounced their overseas brethren for being so violently anti-gay. Have they denounced honor killings here and abroad, or mass slaughter, or using children as IEDs?
And one more thing we can never forget:
Sharia Law is as repugnant as the Inquisition and as soon as they have the power, establishes an Islamic theocracy. And the acquisition of that power employs the doctrine of Taqiyya, which allows Muslims to deceive (lie) non-Muslims in order to advance the cause of Islam. The greatest beneficiaries of avoiding Islam would be women and gays.
Your "more accepting of homosexuality" is nothing more than the Islamic version of "Peace in our time", and just as hollow.
What next, more accepting of women?

Faithofchristian

Why just American Muslims and why now so suddenly? Aren't the rest still throwing them off of rooftops? Have American Muslims denounced their overseas brethren for being so violently anti-gay. Have they denounced honor killings here and abroad, or mass slaughter, or using children as IEDs?
Sharia Law is as repugnant as the Inquisition and as soon as they have the power, establishes an Islamic theocracy. And the acquisition of that power employs the doctrine of Taqiyya, which allows Muslims to deceive (lie) non-Muslims in order to advance the cause of Islam. The greatest beneficiaries of avoiding Islam would be women and gays.
Your "more accepting of homosexuality" is nothing more than the Islamic version of "Peace in our time", and just as hollow.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Your Right on

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Remember that the article was in the Huffington Post. If they decide they want to
promote Islam, they need to find a friendly non-threatening segment to offer us.
Hey, presto! Muslim Americastanians to the rescue (courtesy of Pew).
And they must be contrasted with some evil alternate...hence the white evangelicals.
(Black folk, according to Pew, tend to oppose gay marriage more than white folk, but
criticising them would be racist, & therefore off the table.)

Ref...
Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage

DavidFirth

Ooh... scary. I can't imagine what horrible fate awaits someone who gets put on your ignore list.

I've noticed that you're good at telling jokes, by the way. It's really amazing how effortless you make it all appear too... as if you aren't even really trying.

It kind of runs in the family. Ignoring someone is not somethinng I do lightly.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you read the Muslims q'uran, you would find out why Muslims are becoming to accept homosexuality, to get the upper hand, Muslims are told in their q'uran to do what ever it takes for them to deceive the infidel to over take them, Therefore Muslims will pretend to like homosexualls until they the upper hand and then at that right time,Muslims will turn on the homosexualls and kill them with everyone else.
If the gay community thinks Muslims are becoming their friends just to be friends.They are badly mistaken. If this was true,which it is not, Then why is there No homosexualls in all those muslims countries.because the homosexualls know if they came out, they would be takes on top of buildings and threw off. So the homosexualls stay in hidding or there is not no homosexualls in those Muslim countries. Either way, Muslims are not nor will Muslims accept the homosexualls life style, if it looks like Muslims are acceptive to homosexualls Muslims have a deep under handed agenda a waiting for homosexualls and that's a guarantee.

Just get a hold of the Muslims q'uran and there you will find exactly what muslims believe about homosexualls.

And how the Q'uran promotes deceiving and lying to gain the upper hand over those.
That Muslims consider to be infidel's.
Go Figure??
Garbage. :facepalm:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
More garbage. :facepalm:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Remember that the article was in the Huffington Post. If they decide they want to
promote Islam, they need to find a friendly non-threatening segment to offer us.
And they must be contrasted with some evil alternate...hence the white evangelicals.
(Black folk, according to Pew, tend to oppose gay marriage more than white folk, but

Ref...
Even more garbage. :facepalm:

shmogie

Ref...
Some excellent points made here both by Christians and atheists re moslems.
Many of the posts, following the OP, are the blind leading the blind.

Lets look at some indisputable facts. Any alleged moslem who is "tolerant" of homosexuals can be only one of two things, practicing taqyya, or not a real moslem. How do I know this ? I KNOW what their holy books say. (koran, hadith(s). EVERY true moslem must accept EVERY word of their prophet, EVERY instruction of their prophet as directly from the moon god, and binding.

Ol' mo was crystal clear about homosexuals, they were to be killed, and inventive ways of doing so were encouraged. I urge anyone and everyone to read these books. AS to moslem assimilation, it doesn't happen for true moslems. Again, they are instructed by the prophet to maintain every part of their "religion" and culture and to work incessantly to impose it on others. They are a very tiny part of our population, now. Check out Germany, France and England to see how that assimilation thing is working. Those problems will be here and in Canada as their populations expand. Is islam a religion ? Only in the very loosest sense., It is an entire theocrartic system that impinges on every facet of life for those who follow it. We in the west are very good at separating and putting things in boxes. We have a division of Church and state whereby Christians, Buddhists, Sikh's, Hindu's, Taoist's, satanists, can worship freely with the understanding that they are under and must abide by ( except in extreme matters of conscience ) the law of city, county, state and the federal government. In the islamic system all are under an authoritarian ruler whereby the "law" is that provided comes from the moon god, to the prophet, who wrote the koran, to the ruler, to his minions and enforced on the people. there is NO mechanism to change or alter this. In Britain, over run by moslems, they are allowed to impose this law on certain legal matters with court standing. In France, with huge area's completely under the control of moslems, sharia law on all matters is openly practiced, the government does not interfere and the police don't go into these areas except under dire circumstances. EVERY true moslem wants this system wherever they are, and they want to impose it on "infidels". i.e. everybody else.

Finally, to the hatred of Evangelical Christian's ( of which I am one). Ignorance and willful denial of the facts here. The OP knows very well what THE NT says about homosexuality, and what every Christian is enjoined to follow, because they have been informed by me. Many others are just venting their spleens out of ignorance and hate. First, Christians are humans. They err, some have wrong views on certain things and have prejudices best to be rid of JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. One of the most rabid haters of homosexuals I have ever come across was an atheist.
So, what does the instruction manual for Christians, the NT say about how they are to be treated ? Outside of the Church ( not the Building but the believers) they are to be treated exactly like everyone else, with kindness and respect. If, in the Church a believer is practicing homosexual activity, he/she are to be counseled with love and advised this behavior is not acceptable in the Church, and to stop the practice. If it continues, they will be removed from the Church rolls. IT ONLY AFFECTS CHURCH MEMBERSHIP. All homosexuals are welcome to any service of the Church, any open meeting or gathering. They cannot be MEMBERS, i.e. on the Church rolls and cannot be involved in the few things reserved for members only. THAT'S IT. I urge you to read it for yourself in the NT, and I URGE you to see what the books those "tolerant" Moslems follow say about homosexuals that all TRUE moslems MUST accept.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Some excellent points made here both by Christians and atheists re moslems.
Many of the posts, following the OP, are the blind leading the blind.

Lets look at some indisputable facts. Any alleged moslem who is "tolerant" of homosexuals can be only one of two things, practicing taqyya, or not a real moslem. How do I know this ? I KNOW what their holy books say. (koran, hadith(s). EVERY true moslem must accept EVERY word of their prophet, EVERY instruction of their prophet as directly from the moon god, and binding.

Ol' mo was crystal clear about homosexuals, they were to be killed, and inventive ways of doing so were encouraged. I urge anyone and everyone to read these books. AS to moslem assimilation, it doesn't happen for true moslems. Again, they are instructed by the prophet to maintain every part of their "religion" and culture and to work incessantly to impose it on others. They are a very tiny part of our population, now. Check out Germany, France and England to see how that assimilation thing is working. Those problems will be here and in Canada as their populations expand. Is islam a religion ? Only in the very loosest sense., It is an entire theocrartic system that impinges on every facet of life for those who follow it. We in the west are very good at separating and putting things in boxes. We have a division of Church and state whereby Christians, Buddhists, Sikh's, Hindu's, Taoist's, satanists, can worship freely with the understanding that they are under and must abide by ( except in extreme matters of conscience ) the law of city, county, state and the federal government. In the islamic system all are under an authoritarian ruler whereby the "law" is that provided comes from the moon god, to the prophet, who wrote the koran, to the ruler, to his minions and enforced on the people. there is NO mechanism to change or alter this. In Britain, over run by moslems, they are allowed to impose this law on certain legal matters with court standing. In France, with huge area's completely under the control of moslems, sharia law on all matters is openly practiced, the government does not interfere and the police don't go into these areas except under dire circumstances. EVERY true moslem wants this system wherever they are, and they want to impose it on "infidels". i.e. everybody else.

Finally, to the hatred of Evangelical Christian's ( of which I am one). Ignorance and willful denial of the facts here. The OP knows very well what THE NT says about homosexuality, and what every Christian is enjoined to follow, because they have been informed by me. Many others are just venting their spleens out of ignorance and hate. First, Christians are humans. They err, some have wrong views on certain things and have prejudices best to be rid of JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. One of the most rabid haters of homosexuals I have ever come across was an atheist.
So, what does the instruction manual for Christians, the NT say about how they are to be treated ? Outside of the Church ( not the Building but the believers) they are to be treated exactly like everyone else, with kindness and respect. If, in the Church a believer is practicing homosexual activity, he/she are to be counseled with love and advised this behavior is not acceptable in the Church, and to stop the practice. If it continues, they will be removed from the Church rolls. IT ONLY AFFECTS CHURCH MEMBERSHIP. All homosexuals are welcome to any service of the Church, any open meeting or gathering. They cannot be MEMBERS, i.e. on the Church rolls and cannot be involved in the few things reserved for members only. THAT'S IT. I urge you to read it for yourself in the NT, and I URGE you to see what the books those "tolerant" Moslems follow say about homosexuals that all TRUE moslems MUST accept.
:facepalm:

Jumi

Re: the OP. That is surprising, but in a way it's also not unexpected. Evangelical seems to carry with it completely different meaning in the US than in Europe too, most "evangelical Lutherans" are very tolerant to minorities even causing minorities to split into kindred groups to American Evangelicals that oppose tolerance of unbelief and many sexual dispositions.