• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muslims Are Now More Accepting Of Homosexuality Than White Evangelicals

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Hmmmmm, did I ask about alleged Christians committing murders ?

You asked about alleged Christians committing murder:

"When was the last time you heard of a Christian throwing a homosexual off a roof, or stoning one to death, or shooting one ?"

Only now you're slipping in the word 'alleged' in the hopes of deploying the No True Scotsman fallacy so you can disown the problem that is Christian homophobia. Sorry but it doesn't work that way - especially when you deny Muslims the same privilege of disowning Islamic terrorists.

Who is this whacky alleged Christian theologian and how many people were killed at his instigation ?

His name is Steven Anderson; he is/was a Baptist pastor from Arizona. <-- That information is in the first line of the video description.

And I'm guessing none. That doesn't change the fact that he was instigating for the murder of gay people using his your holy book to do so.

Wow, Nigeria, do you consider that a western nation ?

No but there's no reason to limit our observation of Christian homophobia purely to Western countries unless you're looking to cut out the most likely places it's exhibited. Also, I already gave you examples of it happening in Western countries.

I said that Christians were being slaughtered in islamic country's. I said the Crusades were the result of centuries of moslem conquest and violence, and were provoked by them.

You certainly did but that particular point wasn't addressed to me so I haven't touched it.

Finally to Serbia. The Serbs are a Christian people, surrounded by moslem peoples who are the result of violent moslem conquest of Christian peoples.The Serbs have had to fight moslems for centuries to maintain their Christian identity. Their crazy government decided that genocide was required to rid them of the moslems that had been encroaching into their territory for years, What they did in response was satanic and inexcusable.

Your apologetics for ethnic cleansing no counter to the fact that it happened - and that was all you were asking for: instances of it happening.
"Christians and Yazidi's are the victims of brutal ethnic cleansing in moslem's, when did you hear of that being done by Christians in western democracies ?"

You may find some solace in the fact that since NATO intervened and tilted the balance in favor of the moslems, the Christian Serbs are being butchered.

Sources, please.

Please READ what I post, and understand what I have said, before you respond to what I didn't say

This is just your usual lazy cop-out; that the person responding to you cannot read and puts words in your mouth. I can't help it if you ask questions and get answers you don't like. If you're going to be this lazy in your posts then I'd recommend being honest about it: only ever respond with this and nothing else.

You've got some nerve accusing me of not reading your posts when you don't even remember your own questions.

Your ignorance is blinding. Leviticus was given to a wandering nation with it's total focus on claiming the land given to them by God. The entire OT is the covenant is between God and Israel. Christians are under a totally different Covenant, given by Christ. Our law is different. Why don't you make at least a tiny effort to learn something before you babble ?

It'd be great if Christians like Steven Anderson and countless other homophobic Galilaeans actually recognised this instead of touting Leviticus to justify their irrational dislike of LGBT folks.

shmogie

You asked about alleged Christians committing murder:

"When was the last time you heard of a Christian throwing a homosexual off a roof, or stoning one to death, or shooting one ?"

Only now you're slipping in the word 'alleged' in the hopes of deploying the No True Scotsman fallacy so you can disown the problem that is Christian homophobia. Sorry but it doesn't work that way - especially when you deny Muslims the same privilege of disowning Islamic terrorists.
Anyone who commits an act proscribed by Christianity, and says they are a Christian only makes them an alleged Christian. Christ said you would know true believers by their fruit (actions) not by what they say. ANYONE who says they are a Christian, and promotes murder of anyone for any reason, fails Christś test for inclusion in the body of Christ. There is no such thing as Christian homophobia, only non Christian homophobia.

His name is Steven Anderson; he is/was a Baptist pastor from Arizona. <-- That information is in the first line of the video description. I live in Arizona, never heard of him, a total crackpot

And I'm guessing none. That doesn't change the fact that he was instigating for the murder of gay people using his your holy book to do so.

No but there's no reason to limit our observation of Christian homophobia purely to Western countries unless you're looking to cut out the most likely places it's exhibited. Also, I already gave you examples of it happening in Western countries. African nations are notorious for their murderous policies.

You certainly did but that particular point wasn't addressed to me so I haven't touched it.

Your apologetics for ethnic cleansing no counter to the fact that it happened - and that was all you were asking for: instances of it happening.
"Christians and Yazidi's are the victims of brutal ethnic cleansing in moslem's, when did you hear of that being done by Christians in western democracies ?"

Sources, please.

This is just your usual lazy cop-out; that the person responding to you cannot read and puts words in your mouth. I can't help it if you ask questions and get answers you don't like. If you're going to be this lazy in your posts then I'd recommend being honest about it: only ever respond with this and nothing else. If you can understand what is written, that is your problem, not mine

You've got some nerve accusing me of not reading your posts when you don't even remember your own questions. Oh, I remenber, and your answers were illogical.

It'd be great if Christians like Steven Anderson and countless other homophobic Galilaeans actually recognised this instead of touting Leviticus to justify their irrational dislike of LGBT folks.
You asked about alleged Christians committing murder: Any Christian who cites Leviticus for the killing of homosexuals, or locking menstruating women away, or considering someone who has touched a dead body as ritually unclean, doesnt understand the faith they allege they follow.

His name is Steven Anderson; he is/was a Baptist pastor from Arizona. <-- That information is in the first line of the video description.

No but there's no reason to limit our observation of Christian homophobia purely to Western countries unless you're looking to cut out the most likely places it's exhibited. Also, I already gave you examples of it happening in Western countries.

Your apologetics for ethnic cleansing no counter to the fact that it happened - and that was all you were asking for: instances of it happening. Apologetics for ethnic cleansing ? I called it satanic, I dont have a more condemning word in my vocabulary, how does that become apologetics ? I think, in your mind, the transition is easy.

Sources, please.

This is just your usual lazy cop-out; that the person responding to you cannot read and puts words in your mouth. I can't help it if you ask questions and get answers you don't like. If you're going to be this lazy in your posts then I'd recommend being honest about it: only ever respond with this and nothing else.

You've got some nerve accusing me of not reading your posts when you don't even remember your own questions.

shmogie

...ignorance parading .... ?
Yeshua Bar Yosef never heard the word Christ in his life, since he did not speak Greek. You are, imo, the things you accuse others of.

Again, as is typical, not one shred of evidence from Christś words ( Christ, Greek for Messiah, the entire NT by probably 80 AD written in Greek, the language linking numerous countries in the civilized world, including Rome, perfectly appropriate) Oh, I see, it is ¨i am rubber, you are glue, what you say bounces of me and sticks to you ¨ Profound

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

I'll respond to you in the morning as I'm just heading to bed. Could you please sort the formatting of your post in the mean time if possible?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You, yourself have not proven where Cain's wife came from and it sure wasn't from Adam and Eve cause Adam and Eve didn't have any daughters.

Look in the Genealogy of Adam, there is nothing there about Adam having any daughters, so where did Cain's wife come from.

In the genealogy of Adam, only Adams son Seth is mentioned.
You appear to be remarkably confused. Why on earth would I attempt to "prove where Cain's wife came from?" I don't believe Cain existed!

I am pointing out, though you appear entirely unable to see it, the complete logical gap in your own assertions that "First of all, it's proven enough that were here from two people" and "as for.Cain, Cain never married his sister, all because Adam and Eve never had any daughters to begin with."

Those were your assertions. They are logically completely untenable. Try to work out -- if there was no other woman around, as you assert -- where Cain's children came from. If you can't do it (and you can't), then you are going to have to do a little thinking. It's not that hard, thinking, once you get into the habit.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That is not about Adam having sons and daughters.
Look Genesis 5:4 --"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters"

Look see the two words above ( and he)
being Seth had sons and daughters.
And not Adam.

So again, where did Cain's wife come from, seeing Adam and Eve did not have any daughters.
Seth had sons and daughters, but not Adam.
Faith is your strength, apparently, and not reading comprehension -- or logic. Because on you own analysis of your own biblical traditions, if Cain didn't have any females to copulate with, then surely neither did Seth!

Faithofchristian

You appear to be remarkably confused. Why on earth would I attempt to "prove where Cain's wife came from?" I don't believe Cain existed!

I am pointing out, though you appear entirely unable to see it, the complete logical gap in your own assertions that "First of all, it's proven enough that were here from two people" and "as for.Cain, Cain never married his sister, all because Adam and Eve never had any daughters to begin with."

Those were your assertions. They are logically completely untenable. Try to work out -- if there was no other woman around, as you assert -- where Cain's children came from. If you can't do it (and you can't), then you are going to have to do a little thinking. It's not that hard, thinking, once you get into the habit.

First of all, I never said that there were no other women around, what I said was, Adam and Eve did not have any daughters,

So According to the Genealogy of Adam's family tree, Adam and Eve did not have any daughters. So where did Cain's wife come from?

DavidFirth

Oh, Bravo! You have successfully (though predictably) evoked the last-ditch argument by the theist against the wall: "It's a mystery!"

I am less impressed by it than I suspect you might hope...:rolleyes:

Just telling it like it is, man.

6 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm:

7 “Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

8 “Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9 Do you have an arm like God’s,
and can your voice thunder like his?
10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at all who are proud and bring them low,
12 look at all who are proud and humble them,
crush the wicked where they stand.
13 Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.
14 Then I myself will admit to you
that your own right hand can save you.

From Job 40

Faithofchristian

Faith is your strength, apparently, and not reading comprehension -- or logic. Because on you own analysis of your own biblical traditions, if Cain didn't have any females to copulate with, then surely neither did Seth!

Seth took a wife, and Cain took a wife. According to Adams genealogy family tree, Adam and Eve did not have any daughters.

So where did Seth and Cain's wife's come from ? The only logical answer to this is that there were other males and females. Before Adam and Eve.

Those other males and females is where Seth and Cain took their wives from.

That's common sense.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
First of all, I never said that there were no other women around, what I said was, Adam and Eve did not have any daughters,

So According to the Genealogy of Adam's family tree, Adam and Eve did not have any daughters. So where did Cain's wife come from?
Sorry, not going to answer you any more, since you've demonstrated that you have no idea what either you or I are talking about, and also that you cannot read English sentences with comprehension. I'm having difficulty believing you're over 12.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Just telling it like it is, man.

6 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm:

7 “Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

8 “Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9 Do you have an arm like God’s,
and can your voice thunder like his?
10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at all who are proud and bring them low,
12 look at all who are proud and humble them,
crush the wicked where they stand.
13 Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.
14 Then I myself will admit to you
that your own right hand can save you.

From Job 40
No, you are telling it like somebody else wrote it.

Job is the second worst book in the Bible (Revelation taking the bottom). First of all, it's clearly an amalgam (Elihu who?), but most importantly, why on earth would anybody love and respect a god who allowed all of Job's children to be killed, and then thought he could "make up for it" by giving him some more? What a load of rubbish!

You want a good book in the Bible? Try Ecclesiastes. There's more truth in that one book than all the others put together.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Not sure daughters were recognized unless it was pertinent to the story. They seldom got mention.

shmogie

No, you are telling it like somebody else wrote it.

Job is the second worst book in the Bible (Revelation taking the bottom). First of all, it's clearly an amalgam (Elihu who?), but most importantly, why on earth would anybody love and respect a god who allowed all of Job's children to be killed, and then thought he could "make up for it" by giving him some more? What a load of rubbish!

You want a good book in the Bible? Try Ecclesiastes. There's more truth in that one book than all the others put together.
No surprise, you missed the entire purpose of the Book of Job. An ämalgam, really ? all you have to do is prove it, please feel free to proceed. The book is about Gods sovereignty, the steadfastness of true faith, and that in the end, those that hold that faith will be victorious. God didnt think he could ¨ make up for it¨, both God and Job knew his dead children were just fine, and would be restored to him. His second family was a bonus. Of course, to you Revelation would be impossible to discern. You are singularly unqualified to do so. It wasnt meant for you to grasp. You are trying to read and understand something written in a language you dont know.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Again, as is typical, not one shred of evidence from Christś words ( Christ, Greek for Messiah, the entire NT by probably 80 AD written in Greek, the language linking numerous countries in the civilized world, including Rome, perfectly appropriate)
That's the problem.
The Gospel of John was not written until the 2nd century.
Names and Titles were changed to suit gentile tongues, and what actually happened became distorted to the point that there are thousands of variations, resulting in thousands of varying Churches, Creeds and Denominations, many in contention and some in conflict with each other.

Oh, I see, it is ¨i am rubber, you are glue, what you say bounces of me and sticks to you ¨ Profound
I don't think that you do see........ It is apparent that many of the extreme fundamental evangelical versions of Christianity are more of a threat to Equality of opportunity, status, position, union, partnership and employment for Gays, Lesbians, Women, other religions and more..... than Western Muslims.

Nobody would wish to interfer with anybody's religion or faith in our Western countries, but where bigotry reaches unnacceptable or controlling levels in any culture, cult or religion the people need to be warned about this, identify with this and be able to use their votes to control these dogmatic groups.

I personally don't mind if you believe Jesus-is-God who one minute embraces you 'chosen-ones' with love, the next minute hurls millions into flames of eternal torture. I don't care if you can manage to somehow contort the gospels and 'after Acts' writings into some kind of 'colour-change' Christian cult which delivers self-righteous judgement upon other kinds of people........ but don't expect the people to put up with it if you expose decent folks to discrimination, bigotry, contention, confrontation or conflict.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
No surprise, you missed the entire purpose of the Book of Job.... The book is about Gods sovereignty, the steadfastness of true faith, and that in the end, those that hold that faith will be victorious.

Job is not meant to be a true story, it's an analogy. It was an attempt by the priestly class to try to answer their followers eternal question no revealed religion can answer: Why do good things happen to bad people and vice versa? Job, a "perfect man" and a man of faith, sues God to know why he had been caused to suffer. God, after an enormously over long prelude, dismisses Job's case by declaring, "Where were you when I created the universe? Who are you to question me?"
So the book leaves Job's fair but obscured question behind a veil, unanswered. But the answer is right there for all to see, if God does exist--God never interacts, in order to maintain our free will. But that fact doesn't fill revealed religion's pews and coffers. In religion, as with politics, follow the money.

Kelly of the Phoenix

However, I might add that in my home town a moslem was given a job, given help and guidance in his job. His co workers held a baby shower for he and his wife, giving them gifts. They were rewarded by he and his wife showing up at a Christmas party and murdering 14 of them.
And when Christians do this, it's not Christianity's fault?

I am amazed that you are unaware of the problems moslems have brought to European country's that liberal politician's invited in in droves.
I am amazed that so many people in the world don't get that group dynamics change all the time. It's reality. Even if someone you approved of moved in, that still changes the dynamic and your life won't be the same as it was before.

He also said you had to pick up your cross and follow him
How about I act the way he and his apostles ACTUALLY acted, and run from angry mobs and the cops because I'm afraid they'll hurt me? How about I ask "angels" to break me out of jail or ask Caesar to get me out of prison?

he also said that if people refused to accept his ENTIRE message, they were to be left to themselves and their own devices
But people want to legislate their vindictiveness over the fact people didn't want to listen to them.

Your Jesus is a caricature, made as a 60's hippy where everything is love and good
True. Jesus also had a dark side. However, we must ask ourselves whether we also want to harm others just because Jesus did it.

That's why he said that many would come to him crying Lord, Lord, we did great things in your name, and he would say, get away from me, I never knew you.
Then why do you keep doing it?

When was the last time you heard of a Christian throwing a homosexual off a roof, or stoning one to death, or shooting one ?
History of violence against LGBT people in the United States - Wikipedia

I've been harassed by good ol' Christians and I'm not even gay. They just think I am. That's what convinced me God, the Truth, is not behind this at all.

As for now, No one outside of the United States do not have any Constitutional rights, Until they become American Citizens.
Maybe not, but you have no moral justification to be a dick to others, citizens or not, especially if they haven't even done anything to you.

The crusades were in response to centuries of moslem expansion, rape, and murder.
The crusades was about Muslims making money off of pepper and Christians weren't getting those profits.

Do you feel the same way when Christian empires do the same thing?

Christian theology did not.
Christian Crusaders did insanely immoral things to people.

Christ loves every person who has ever lived on the earth.
He says he only came for Israel. Gentiles have to guilt trip him in order to receive any assistance. Jews don't.

The book is about Gods sovereignty, the steadfastness of true faith, and that in the end, those that hold that faith will be victorious.
No, it's about asking the question: why is God such a wimp that Satan can easily manipulate Him into spiting someone for no good reason? Even God admits there is no good reason for this, but He does it anyway.