• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idiot: Green Day Singer “Renouncing” Citizenship

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Um ... and why exactly would you assume I *had* killed someone. And when you refer to someone being "that mad", to whom are you referring? How mad has the person presented themselves to you, homicidally mad?
We are still talking about abortion right? The people who get the maddest are likely the ones who have paid for abortions.

MikeF

Premium Member
We are still talking about abortion right? The people who get the maddest are likely the ones who have paid for abortions.

Are you serious? When I made my first post in this thread, I was thinking specifically about those who express a desire to surrender US citizenship for *any* reason. Leaving this country when one is unhappy with it has probably been a sentiment held by some since the founding of this country. More recently, people have been talking about leaving the county because Trump became President. I'm sure there are those who wanted to leave when Obama became president.

My comment is about those who choose to run away instead of continuing to work through the good times and the bad times, whatever their perceived cause.

As to abortion availability, if I were a woman who was sexually active and never had an abortion, I would be just as hopping mad as any woman who had found it to be necessary and had had the procedure or taken the medication. This denial of a health care option affects *all* women of childbearing years and their partners.

MikeF

Premium Member
This " health care option" is a death sentence.
This is not comparable to contraceptives.

*sigh*. I understand your position and it is not one that I share, most especially at the earliest stages of development. And nothing I say will change or soften your stance on the issue.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If I had 75 million(which would give me a choice in the matter), I'd probably do the same.

Not as loudly, but I wouldn't pretend anyone aside from a few friends or family members would care(or even know)...

No hate for the US. Many people love it and find it home. Its just not a good fit for me.

My son's going to be so proud of Billy Joe when he hears this...

I have no desire to leave the U.S., not at this point in my life. I don't think I would leave anyway. This is where I was born and raised; this is home. I've known a few expatriates who lived abroad, but they didn't renounce their citizenship, to my knowledge.

I'm not sure where else in the world I would even fit in.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no desire to leave the U.S., not at this point in my life. I don't think I would leave anyway. This is where I was born and raised; this is home. I've known a few expatriates who lived abroad, but they didn't renounce their citizenship, to my knowledge.

I'm not sure where else in the world I would even fit in.

I don't know where I'd fit either... but I know I don't fit here!

I like to think there's somewhere I belong. :) (Maybe there isn't...)