• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idiot: Green Day Singer “Renouncing” Citizenship

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
American Idiot: Green Day Singer “Renouncing” Citizenship (msn.com)

That bottom link in the above quote indicates that Armstrong's net worth is $75 million.

Other artists are also speaking out, although not going so far as to renounce their citizenship.

It is a principled stand to make, so I find no fault with those who renounce their citizenship. Not sure if it changes anyone's mind, but it does make a statement.

Good for him.

I've thought about ex-patrioting to bother country. Probably Canada as it's next door to me.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I understand the frustration, but I'm quite pragmatic about such things. An American passport grants too much privilege in many parts of the world (including the Arab world) for me to simply renounce it, so I'd definitely keep it and just relocate.

Agreed.

Dual citizenship where you can, is beneficial.

Viker

Häxan
So? Good riddance to a washed up sellout. But we all know he won't go anywhere. He's just having a tantrum. I advise him to worry more about making a decent Green Day album, which they haven't done in almost 20 years. Also, we should make it a rule that the only man above a certain age that's allowed to wear eyeliner is Robert Smith. :rolleyes:
Alice Cooper would seriously object to that rule.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm so broken up over this.

Yeah me too...that is once I was done saying...big deal, who cares, see ya later, don't let the door hit you in the......well you know the rest

But lets wait and see if he actually does it, and how he likes British taxes

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Or entering same-sex marriages, using contraceptives, having premarital sex, and...

You know what? People should just stop being non-Christian. I'm sure that will solve all of the United States' problems.
History has shown that when Christians win the battle against non-Christians, they turn on each other for being the "wrong" type of Christian.

It wasn't that long ago that Protestants used the term "Papist" as a slur. They haven't forgotten; they're just setting aside their disagreements temporarily for the sake of fighting a common foe. They'll go back to that once their current foe has been dealt with.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah me too...that is once I was done saying...big deal, who cares, see ya later, don't let the door hit you in the......well you know the rest

But lets wait and see if he actually does it, and how he likes British taxes
A problem worse than the cure.
I hear that Britain is so bad, that one of them even moved to France.

MikeF

Premium Member
Why would you assume that? If someone is that mad there's usually a personal reason.

Um ... and why exactly would you assume I *had* killed someone. And when you refer to someone being "that mad", to whom are you referring? How mad has the person presented themselves to you, homicidally mad?

Viker

Häxan
Living on snails in cream sauce, & stinky
cheese slathered onto goose guts....ugh.
What's more appealing?

_125619080_9697c2d4-1cd6-4050-a541-b72ddf38c514.jpg