• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Federation Of Teachers and Remote Learning

Do You Support The AFT Recommendations Concerning Remote Learning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
By which you mean, letting people die of COVID. That's what you think is the sensible option, isn't it?

No, I think this idea of "stopping the spread" does that.
I think we need to let go of that fantasy and start developing ways to actually combat covid.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Redirect research to preventing death and hospitalization from covid.
I don't see how that is mutually exclusive with attempts at preventive measures to minimize COVID related deaths.
Can you explain how these measures prevent us from researching other medical solutions?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yes, it seems to me like the gist of conservative politics of the past decades has been to turn failure of governance into an excuse to invest even less into combating real, factual social problems.

It doesn't matter whether it's climate change, COVID, or literally anything else that actually matters and materially affects people's lives - the half-hearted half measures that managed to get pushed through against conservative-capitalist resistance "failed", which is then used as the perfect excuse to do even less and instead spend that money even more on the military-industrial complex instead.

On the other hand, imaginary and fictional problems that pander to public hysterias stoked by right-wing media (be it transgender people in restrooms, Political Correctness Gone Mad, Mexican Muslim refugee terrorists, or child sex trafficking rings disguised as pizza parlors run by Hillary Clinton) are always framed as a life-or-death situation in need of immediate attention.

Does this mean you are ok with the current status of Covid?
If you keep with the same plan that is not working you may want to reevaluate your goals.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Does this mean you are ok with the current status of Covid?
If you keep with the same plan that is not working you may want to reevaluate your goals.
Your "better" plan seems to largely involve letting people die, which I would not consider an option at all.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Your "better" plan seems to largely involve letting people die, which I would not consider an option at all.

More people died in 2021 than in 2020.
So how is your plan working out?

But who care about facts. Lets just trust whatever the government says and hope for the best.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
More people died in 2021 than in 2020.
So how is your plan working out?

But who care about facts. Lets just trust whatever the government says and hope for the best.
You still haven't explained how maintaining current COVID measures prevent your "plan" in any significant way or form. Would you mind elaborating how the current measures hinder medical research into alternate solutions to COVID?