• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America needs more real-world Mr. Drummonds.

Jonathan Bailey

Remember that TV show, Differnt Strokes from the late 1970's through much of the 1980's?

The well-to-do white widower, Mr. Drummond, with a fat Cadillac limo driven by (Frank, or was it James?) takes two pre-teen boys of color, two biological brothers, from a rough New York 'hood under his wing.

How many real-word rich white American men would take into his home two boys near high-school age and especially such minors of color from the 'hood?

The Mr. Drummond character actor, Conrad Bain, playing the next-door neighbor doctor on 1970's Maude was rather homophobic as a character, Arthur Harmon, M.D., in that TV series though.

Of course, there are white American children and American children of other races who need adoption into good homes as well. Americans who adopt should only adopt needy children who are lawful American citizens. America should take care of her own first.

On
Differnt Strokes, people used to laugh or have a strange look on their faces whenever Mr. Drummond said the two black boys were his "sons". I would have introduced them as my adoptive sons to stress the obvious and avert embarrassment but racial humor was the whole point of the comedy show. I, a bachelor, would probably adopt at least two white American boys, even up to high-school age but no younger than ten, in need of a home if I were to have such wherewithal. I figure children of such tender age need a mother figure in the home but a rich bachelor can also hire a professional nanny. I don't care to have female children around the house.
Boys are often harder to place in homes by adoption agencies than girls and they have the nice natural feature of not being able to get pregnant.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Uhh you’ve missed the best possible version of this sort of TV show, which is obviously The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Remember that TV show, Differnt Strokes from the late 1970's through much of the 1980's?

The well-to-do white widower, Mr. Drummond, with a fat Cadillac limo driven by (Frank, or was it James?) takes two pre-teen boys of color, two biological brothers, from a rough New York 'hood under his wing. ''

How many real-word rich white American men would take into his home two boys near high-school age and especially such minors of color from the 'hood?

The Mr. Drummond character actor, Conrad Bain, playing the next-door neighbor doctor on 1970's Maude was rather homophobic as a character, Arthur Harmon, M.D., in that TV series though.

Of course, there are white American children and American children of other races who need adoption into good homes as well. Americans who adopt should only adopt needy children who are lawful American citizens. America should take care of her own first.
If you are looking for a sugar daddy you are going about it wrong....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you are looking for a sugar daddy you are going about it wrong....
That does remind me of an odd and weird and unusual idea I realized for making any extra money. It could probably actually make some money, and I do believe @Revoltingest is the one who said whatever that gave me the idea in the first place, but that I forgot and haven't shows my level of enthusiasm over doing it.

james bond

The well-to-do white widower, Mr. Drummond, with a fat Cadillac limo driven by (Frank, or was it James?) takes two pre-teen boys of color, two biological brothers, from a rough New York 'hood under his wing.

On
Differnt Strokes, people used to laugh or have a strange look of their faces whenever Mr. Drummond said the two black boys were his "sons". I would have introduced them as my adoptive sons to stress the obvious and avert embarrassment but racial humor was the whole point of the comedy show. I, a bachelor, would probably adopt at least two white American boys, even up to high-school age but no younger than ten, in need of a home if I were to have such wherewithal. I figure children of such tender age need a mother figure in the home.

nba-logo.jpg

I'm an NBA fan and saw former Warriors advisor Jerry West on tv last night. He would be a rich, white man. His silhoutte has become the logo for the NBA. He talked about a player he met as a 17-yr old name of Kobe Bryant and brought him into his house. He talked about the first time he saw him and it was the same reaction I had when I first saw Bryant in a pre-season game at 18. I'll never forget it, but this kid jumped so high and so quickly and seem to hang in the air for his shot that I thought it could be unstoppable. Him being on the arch-enemy of my team the Warriors made me realize this is a special talent. To West, he was the kid who was going to be the best in the league someday. He had to start working to somehow get him to his team.

Anyway, yesterday I was reading what TMZ had to say as the NTSB was searching the wreckage of the helicopter accident Kobe Bryant and his 13-yr daughter died in. In it, it mentioned the pilot was going at a high rate of speed for heavy fog conditions of 161 knots or about 185 mph. The pilot probably became disoriented and thought he had cleared the mountainous terrain when he hit one hillside in trying to turn back. He was 20 to 30 feet below the top of the hillside and flew into at that speed. It didn't occur to me then, but Satan is the "god of the world and the prince of the power of the air." I would say that he is the one responsible for the accident. Anyway, this is more evidence for God as well as the power of Satan.

Saying this is this a wake up call. I think it is, but I know that I am in the minority. It is what it is.

Jonathan Bailey

View attachment 36600

I'm an NBA fan and saw former Warriors advisor Jerry West on tv last night. He would be a rich, white man. His silhoutte has become the logo for the NBA. He talked about a player he met as a 17-yr old name of Kobe Bryant and brought him into his house. He talked about the first time he saw him and it was the same reaction I had when I first saw Bryant in a pre-season game at 18. I'll never forget it, but this kid jumped so high and so quickly and seem to hang in the air for his shot that I thought it could be unstoppable. Him being on the arch-enemy of my team the Warriors made me realize this is a special talent. To West, he was the kid who was going to be the best in the league someday. He had to start working to somehow get him to his team.

Anyway, yesterday I was reading what TMZ had to say as the NTSB was searching the wreckage of the helicopter accident Kobe Bryant and his 13-yr daughter died in. In it, it mentioned the pilot was going at a high rate of speed for heavy fog conditions of 161 knots or about 185 mph. The pilot probably became disoriented and thought he had cleared the mountainous terrain when he hit one hillside in trying to turn back. He was 20 to 30 feet below the top of the hillside and flew into at that speed. It didn't occur to me then, but Satan is the "god of the world and the prince of the power of the air." I would say that he is the one responsible for the accident. Anyway, this is more evidence for God as well as the power of Satan.

Saying this is this a wake up call. I think it is, but I know that I am in the minority. It is what it is.

I don't even know who "bought it" in the helicopter wreck. It was undoubtedly likely some idiot at the controls who shouldn't even be licensed to drive a kiddie car. He should have had an audible altimeter and slowed way down. A chopper can even hover, you know. The pilot might not have been IFR certified. I don't follow basketball or any spectator sports these days. It's all full of big money, corruption and greed. I gave up on the SF 49ers when they decided to give money to anti-gun causes. I hope they never win another Super Bowl again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't even know who "bought it" in the helicopter wreck. It was undoubtedly likely some idiot at the controls who shouldn't even be licensed to drive a kiddie car. He should have had an audible altimeter and slowed way down. A chopper can even hover, you know. The pilot might not have been IFR certified.
You know all this, how?
-or-
Mistakes and accidents happen. We are only human, after all.