• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America is not the greatest country in the world...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...I guess that a country is great when there is social equality.
so I consider better a country where everyone gains not more than 1000 dollars per month, (and there are not poor people)

whereas I consider unjust a country where there are people who gain 10,000 dollars per month and homeless people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know. I couldn't change the title after posting it. Maybe a staff member can change it for me. :p
Anway, I don't know which country is the greatest.
Many are up there, & I don't know how to establish & weight the criteria.
I hate to admit that Americastan is in the running, given all the imperfections.
But the other contenders have their shortcomings too.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Meh...I dunno about greatest country...all I know is Melbourne is the world's most livable city....again...(4 years straight according to EIU)

This Is The World's Most 'Livable City'

8 of the top ten most livable cities are in Australia, Canada or New Zealand, so there's your short list.

;)

(Biased? Me?!? Never!!!)

Skwim

Veteran Member
Top 10 World’s Best Countries To Live In 2014

"So where on earth the happiest people are living? What could be the best place to live, work, raise your children and retire? Go through the updated list of best countries to live in 2014 and get answer for all these questions. This list is prepared based on the recent “world happiness report” released by United Nations General Assembly. Having a strong economy doesn’t necessarily mean that all people are living a happy and a satisfied life. To determine life’s happiness, 6 variables are taken into account. These include

GDP per capita
Social support
Generosity
Freedom from corruption
Life expectancy
Freedom of making choices

Happiness is the key in deciding the best countries.
[Which I think is an excellent measure.]

No 10. Australia

No 9 : Iceland

No 8 : Austria

No 7 : Finland

No 6 : Canada

No 5. Sweden

No 4. Netherlands

No 3. Switzerland

No 2. Norway

No 1. Denmark – Happiest Country In The World

source and a lot of information
(Last year the U.S.A. ranked #8.)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Dunno about "The greatest country" part, but I personally think America is a great country. Not in the politics part tho.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
BTW...for what it's worth, I even agree with the point made in the clip (in the OP) regarding the high quality of the founding documents of the nation.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
We should aspire to be more like Hong Kong or Singapore. Who needs air quality anyways.

The weird thing I've found personally is that New Zealanders don't sometimes appreciate how good their country is.
Isolation, and how small they are in terms of population seems to drive a lot to head overseas to experience the 'real world'.
(Plus, Kiwi television is borderline unwatchable!)

I lived there for a while, and was constantly asked why, etc.
Yet their country is pretty awesome in a whole lot of ways.

:shrug:

If any kiwi's read this, I am NOT complimenting you or your backwater country. It's against my Australian-ness.