• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America and the status quo?

F0uad

Do you belief America will ever change and if so what needs to happen?

I am talking about the "Corporate Protectionism" that is powered by the upper 1% of the wealthiest citizens.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Are you wanting to know if I think those in control are ever going to set it up so that they are no longer in control?
If so, My answer is no.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Very few countries change much at all in the way they are run.
However they do adjust to to circumstances.

It generally takes a war to fundamentally change things.
The USA war of Independence made a constitution necessary.
The Civil war in USA only amended the Constitution
Germany completely changed its constitution and form government after WW2, even down to the organisation of trade unions.
Spain remained a "Monarchy" after their civil war, even during the Governorship of Franco. However the laws were completely overhauled and democratic government slowly reintroduced.

The USA distrusts state government too much to risk any major changes.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I have hope that it will change for the better one day, but reality shows that this is not likely to happen. We have younger generations growing up and becoming politically active: this is where a lot of the new liberalism is coming from. But conservatism is still quite prevalent; this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but conservatives tend to be more extremist in their political views.

Aristotle taught that if a nation is to survive, it must be open to the fact that it cannot remain stagnant in one political position or view; it has to change with the times and circumstances. I don't think this will ever happen, however, as Nietzsche taught, the will to power is what drives humans, and the political realm is where this is most rampant.

One of the problems is that too many people, primarily in the conservative camp, are convinced that politics, and especially their brand, is something that is not from the mind of humans, but straight from some deity, which is patently ridiculous. Their unwillingness to change is going to prove a harsh reality: those with power, who throw it around willy-nilly, will eventually anger those without it. It will take nothing short of a revolution to change things here, but I seriously doubt this will ever happen. I was personally hoping the Occupy Wall St. movement would prove to be the starting point, but this has all but fizzled out.

There's only one other hope: personal change through enlightenment. True change is going to take one person at a time, coming to the realization that things are seriously screwed up here, and one by one, slowly but surely, change will happen. Whether this can become a reality or not, remains yet to be seen. But one can always hope.

F0uad

So, will there ever be a society that doesn't have its version of an aristocracy?

No, probably not.

Well i don't know any other country that i can compare with America on this subject. Except maybe for communist countries?
I simply asked if people belief there will be a change as "Obama'' promised.