• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America and Israel!

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I agree we should stand with Israel, the only nation in that region that shares our western progressive values. Believe it or not I used to think differently.

Rainbow Mage

Ah how so, and what made you change your mind?

Well I used to feel that what was happening to the Palestineans was a terrible thing, not that it still isn't, but being anti-Israel won't solve the conflict.

I realized a two state resolution is probably best, but only so long as this state of Palestine would be secular and democratic. We don't need anymore Islamic theocracies in the ME.

As I said, Israel does share our progressive values. Why should I be against it?

Pagan_Patriot

Hmm, I understand what you mean by western values like liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc, what what are progressive values?

And ya, you're right. Unfortunately, the countries around her have become more aggressive in the recent year, including Egypt. It's really sad.

I'm sympathetic of the Palestinian cause, and I want them to have their own nation, but with their current leadership, I don't see that happening any time soon. I saw something on tv where they had to sneak in KFC from Egypt to Gaza because the PA banned it.

Rainbow Mage

Unfortunately I don't see a viable state of Palestine happening either anytime soon.

I cannot begin to express what a tragedy I feel Egypt has become.

That's for another thread though :)

Pagan_Patriot

Unfortunately I don't see a viable state of Palestine happening either anytime soon.

I cannot begin to express what a tragedy I feel Egypt has become.

That's for another thread though :)

Ya, I saw one report of some radicals wanting to blow up the pyramid. I'm not sure how much % of Egypt is actually Egyptians now because of the Arab invasion, but they're not being very Egyptian if they want the pyramids down. It's part of their heritage =[. I hope everything works out.

And you're welcome =p

Rainbow Mage

Ya, I saw one report of some radicals wanting to blow up the pyramid. I'm not sure how much % of Egypt is actually Egyptians now because of the Arab invasion, but they're not being very Egyptian if they want the pyramids down. It's part of their heritage =[. I hope everything works out.

And you're welcome =p

Yes I heard that too. How far Egypt has truly fallen from its former days of greatness! To defile things sacred.

Pagan_Patriot

Would it matter? You posted something within a political debate section. You provided no argument, and anyone can counter your argument by simply saying that no, we should not support them.

Well we can start there. My argument is we should support them. Do you disagree, and if so, why?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Well we can start there. My argument is we should support them. Do you disagree, and if so, why?

I don't see it as a yes a no question. We should not support Israel blindly. We should not support Israel because of American patriotism. We should not support everything Israel is doing.

Pagan_Patriot

I don't see it as a yes a no question. We should not support Israel blindly. We should not support Israel because of American patriotism. We should not support everything Israel is doing.

I say that in these tough financial times, we should cut off the aid to Israel, along with every other country, and our only goal in the middle east conflict should be to make it clear to her enemies that we won't let her fall.

I think 65 years is old enough for Israel to start taking care of herself. Their economy is doing better than ours. Maybe they should send us money :rolleyes:

It's just that, the way I see it, it's western civilian vs people who don't like us, and Israel is on the front lines for western civilization.

collectivedementia

home-base umpire
I believe the country should keep supporting Israel,yes. Whether this admin will turn their backs on them when push truly comes to shove is an entirely different situation. Seems our leaders are more concerned with China and Russia at the moment...

Pagan_Patriot

I believe the country should keep supporting Israel,yes. Whether this admin will turn their backs on them when push truly comes to shove is an entirely different situation. Seems our leaders are more concerned with China and Russia at the moment...

Ya I've noticed that too! Some of us make little jokes here and there about Obama being a communist, but he's making friends with countries who have been through that path not long ago.

I don't know how much % of the US still supports Israel, especially with all this "zionism" propaganda all over youtube, saying how Jews did 9/11, but as far as I hear, the US Evangelists(me being one of them) still support her 100%. Some of the propaganda I hear today sounds very much like the kind Hitler used, like the one about Jews controlling banks. I would be very interested in seeing how many Americans would volunteer to fight for her if a big middle east war started.

collectivedementia

home-base umpire
Ya I've noticed that too! Some of us make little jokes here and there about Obama being a communist, but he's making friends with countries who have been through that path not long ago.

I don't know how much % of the US still supports Israel, especially with all this "zionism" propaganda all over youtube, saying how Jews did 9/11, but as far as I hear, the US Evangelists(me being one of them) still support her 100%. Some of the propaganda I hear today sounds very much like the kind Hitler used, like the one about Jews controlling banks. I would be very interested in seeing how many Americans would volunteer to fight for her if a big middle east war started.
Since Russia supplies more than one middle east nation with money and weapons, and China is still holding a whole bunch of promissary notes from us...and steals our military and technological secrets via cyberattacks. I think soon Israel will be on their own even if by default....we may not be able to help too much,anyway.

Pagan_Patriot

Since Russia supplies more than one middle east nation with money and weapons, and China is still holding a whole bunch of promissary notes from us...and steals our military and technological secrets via cyberattacks. I think soon Israel will be on their own even if by default....we may not be able to help too much,anyway.

Not good... New axis powers, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran? Maybe Pakistan and Serbia too....