• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazon’s Lord of the Rings casts Spartacus actor

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’: Everything You Need to Know | IndieWire is to me a great overview of what Amazon is doing.

Given their track record and what I've read so far, I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have a real winner.

Great overview!

Apparently it'll be the most expensive television production in history, nearly a billion $ overall (including the price of the adaption rights from the Tolkien Estate, which were priced at a cool 250 million $ I believe).

They've been pretty quiet about it thus far but the show behind shooting next month in New Zealand.

The full cast hasn't yet been announced, a few key roles are yet to be cast, but 15 actors have been officially confirmed already. I reckon they'll be reserving these later roles for more famous actors. (Amazon's other show currently in filming, The Wheel of Time - another big fantasy adaption - has Rosamund Pike as it's lead).

Until recently, I feel like Amazon Prime have been sort of trailing Netflix in the streaming wars but recently their originals have been very good - such as The Boys and The Expanse (picked up from Syfy).

So, I too am cautiously optimistic. At least whatever they produce should be a vast improvement on the Hobbit movies, even if it fails to measure up to the standard set by the original LotR trilogy.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2020-1-26_9-12-29.gif

upload_2020-1-26_9-12-41.gif

Shad

Veteran Member
My issue is the setting and lack of content to draw upon. The Second Age isn't covered like the Third or First Age. Wait and see in my view.