• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amanaki Is no longer to be seen as Buddhist.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
From today it would be good if members of RF would kindly no longer refer to me as Theravada Buddhist or Buddhist in general. I have chosen to begin cultivating of Falun Gong (Chinese Cultivation path)
The reason for my choice is very personal but I can reveal that after more than 20 years of practicing Buddhism I could not reach a higher level of wisdom then the current level I did reach (according to Monks who trained me)

Falun Gong is a high energy cultivation practice where the energy Gong is important to accumulate.
And where Shen, shan, ren or Truth, Compassion, Tolerance is of the essence for a Falun Gong practitioner.
You will also see me write Falun Dafa, and this is a different word for Falun Gong but referring to the practice of Falun Gong.

So to say in a different way, Now i will be cultivating Falun Gong as a Falun Dafa practitioner.

Master Li Hongzhi Is the teacher of Falun Gong and from now he is my teacher, even I will still regard Buddha Sakyamuni as the teacher he was, I do no longer see my self as a student of Buddhism.

This transition will, of course, mean that I will be less able to directly answer deeper knowledge of Falun Gong until I have cultivated for some time. But I will be happy to answer questions you may have (as long they are respectful and not intended to harm Falun Gong or practitioners of Falun Dafa)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's a really great system, Amanaki. I'm very happy for you that you found it!

It suits you because, Falun Dafa practitioners are "healers". At least, that's how I see it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Interesting; I've not studied this yet...

Thank you for sharing; it looks an enlightening mix of Taoist and Buddhist practises.

In my opinion. :innocent:
It's QI Gong. It's Chinese medicine. At a very very high level.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Interesting; I've not studied this yet...

Thank you for sharing; it looks an enlightening mix of Taoist and Buddhist practises.

In my opinion. :innocent:
Within the Fa (similar to Dharma) it contain everything, so yes Different schools we know from the past like Buddhist cultivation, Tao cultivation have their focus on the different aspect of Fa. So even every cultivation practice have Shen, shan, and Ren (Truth, Compassion, Tolerance) we see that Buddhism has the main focus on Compassion, Falun Gong have the focus on all 3 aspects of Truth, Compassion, Tolerance.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm very happy for you!

I more or less feel I outgrew the Abahamic faiths. I needed something to keep my imagination active and vivid, to open my mind without fear.
I can only speak of my own way of knowing Falun Gong, and yes i can speak about benefit the teaching will be able to give those who practice, and if people become interested in Falun Gong, i would be able to provide links to both the teaching books, and to websites.
But i will not proselyte the teaching because only Master Li Honghi words contain the true teaching. so if you or others may read the teachings, that will give the best result for someone wishing to follow and cultivate the teaching :)

But i am happy people seem interested in this :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd love to see a Falun Gong DIR in the non-revealed religions section!

I'm not sure how useful it would be, as I think @Amanaki is the sole practitioner here on the forum and I'd hate to be the one responsible for causing him to talk to himself. :D

But all kidding aside, if you think it would be useful, we could create a poll to gauge interest.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure how useful it would be, as I think @Amanaki is the sole practitioner here on the forum and I'd hate to be the one responsible for causing him to talk to himself. :D

But all kidding aside, if you think it would be useful, we could create a poll to gauge interest.
I know there has been some Falun Gong practitioner in the form from time to time, But yes at the moment i might be the only active on RF.

But if there is a Falun Gong DIR, it could of course help if and when others come to practice and see RF as one place to share their wisdom.
But i am not the right person to take that decision for RF :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

I will add, if I may, that my friends who are practitioners are very private ( due to the persecution and risk to their families in China ). I would not expect any of them to offer assistance on an Internet forum.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Can one ever not be Buddhist?
Falun Gong describes karma as a substance. I have been told, that this specific element is not Buddhism. It's either Dao or Jain, I think.

OTOH, the ultimate goal in Falun Gong is to achieve Buddha-nature. So... it's a difficult question to answer.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From today it would be good if members of RF would kindly no longer refer to me as Theravada Buddhist or Buddhist in general.
As one who also switched "paths" recently, I can relate to what you say. Life is a journey, and this journey doesn't always travel along paths that we may expect.

So, have good travels, my friend. :heart:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As one who also switched "paths" recently, I can relate to what you say. Life is a journey, and this journey doesn't always travel along paths that we may expect.

So, have good travels, my friend. :heart:
Thank you :)
Yes i noticed for some time that i did not gain deeper wisdom within Buddhism the way i used to do before, and when speaking with my Buddhist teacher I realize that it was me not Buddhism in itself that had reached the end of the path, And even I have known about Falun Gong for a longer time it was first now that when again study this teaching I realized this was what I would need to learn to find those answers I could not realize within Buddhism. But again I want to make it very clear that for those who are Buddhists it is still a valid way for them :) This time it was me who found my path taking a turn and the choice i had was keep going nowhere, or become a cultivator of a path that has its original teacher here today, one we can gain the true teaching from directly. and not from teaching that could have been changed from its original truth 2600 years ago. So since Master Li Hongzhi is on earth today this is the best time to really be able to gain the wisdom within Falun Dafa :)
But it is a very serious cultivation path, so I know this is not something everyone could do, and I don't know if i can even make it my self. only my effort and time will give me that answer :)

And it is important to not see Falun Gong as a religion because it is not. it is called the cultivation path. Belief is not enough. only my own effort of cultivating the teaching and doing exercises that are required to strengthen the Gong energy. and to always try to become a better version of who I am today. strengthening the morals and ethics I live by.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Falun Gong describes karma as a substance. I have been told, that this specific element is not Buddhism. It's either Dao or Jain, I think.

OTOH, the ultimate goal in Falun Gong is to achieve Buddha-nature. So... it's a difficult question to answer.
Jain. I think Jains see karma as a substance that attaches to the sticky jiva. (I could be mistaken, though, as I'm not Jain.)

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Jain. I think Jains see karma as a sticky substance that attaches to the jiva. (I could be mistaken, though, as I'm not Jain.)
I do not know Jain teaching much, but karma in the way i have understood it for some time(Not from Buddhist teaching or now from Falun Gong) Is that the karma we speak of is a black substance that if we gain too much karma it can block our vision within spiritual practice, and we become delusional and we suffer extremely in the way that even we trying to do go, we can even misunderstand what good is
The black substance. stick to us as long we can not repay the last action, words or thought that led us to gain this negative karma. opposite of karma is virtue, so as spiritual practitioners we would be seeking to gain good virtue and abandon the path that leads to karma