• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aman Khalili and family have reached the USA.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Afghan Interpreter 'Mohammed' Aman Khalili has reached the USA with his family after an epic 600 journey across Afghanistan. There will be thousands of Afghans with their families would deserve to reach the safety of Western countries, bit it's a treat to read about the few successes.

Aman's journey reminds me of the true film 'The Killing Fields', about the Journalist Dith Pran's escape across Cambodia after the Vietnam War and how he witnessed the Killing Fields of the Khmer Rouge

One report of many:-
-----------------------------------------------

https://nypost.com/2021/10/11/interpreter-who-helped-rescue-biden-in-afghanistan-escapes/

An Afghan interpreter who helped in the rescue of then-Sen. Joe Biden in 2008 from a valley in Afghanistan has finally escaped from the Taliban-controlled country after being left behind in initial US evacuations.
Aman Khalili, who was previously identified by his official first name, Mohammed, for security reasons, left Afghanistan and crossed into Pakistan with his family last week, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Khalili and his family spent weeks in hiding following the end of the US troop withdrawal and initial evacuation efforts in August.
While the US had been able to evacuate thousands from the country before the deadline, hundreds of Americans and allies remain in Afghanistan, which is now under the rule of the Taliban.

At the end of August, Khalili made a direct appeal to the president, asking Biden to save him and his family.
“Hello Mr. President: Save me and my family,” he said. “Don’t forget me here.”
Over the past six weeks, US veterans worked alongside former Afghan soldiers and Pakistani allies to get Khalili and his family out. They traveled over 600 miles across Afghanistan to escape.
Brian Genthe, a combat veteran who worked with Khalili in Afghanistan, called the interpreter “a blessing.”
“Aman helped keep me and other Americans safe while we were fighting in Afghanistan, and we wanted to return the favor,” he said.