• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am thinking I'm a prophet...

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Edit: A while after posting this I have decided I no longer aspire to be a prophet or anything like that, see: Promise: no more BS on RF

Help!

I now think I may be a prophet but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I need to here from others, to get a dose of reality before I descend into madness :)

I have put this in a discussion forum rather than a debate one as I am not out to debate whether or not I am truly a prophet indeed I do not feel sure that I am and am certainly not claiming to be, rather I am wanting to discuss the concept and the accuracy of my understanding of the concept to help me better understand certain things and to help me to better discern whether or not I am a prophet, which is what I'm trying to do here :)

Astute and knowledgable people I've encountered on these forums and would especially like to here from re: this matter are: @dybmh @Rival @Harel13 @RabbiO

Could you please correct me where I'm wrong?

Also, I am certainly not out to convince others that I am some kind of prophet; I merely want to discuss the idea of what it means for a person to be a prophet. Again, I'm looking for discussion, not debate.

There is someone who posts on these forums who has announced to us all that he is The Messiah and he truly believes he is: I don’t believe him and don’t think I am either.

In 2018 I was (for various reasons) convinced I was the “second-coming” of Christ. I no longer believe this. Due to ignorance and naivety I thought “Jesus of Nazareth” (who I thought I was, reincarnated) was the same as “The Messiah”. I had never before heard of the term “Moshiach” and didn’t know that there was such a concept in Judaism. I therefore declared to RF that I was “The Messiah”!

First things first: How do I define prophet? I’d say it’s any individual who is guided/tasked by God to teach and/or lead a target demographic so as to “save” them, just like the Moshiach in Judaism, or Christ in Christianity etc. etc. etc. so as to give them a renewed relationship with God as a part of God's plan

Why do I believe I’m a prophet? Well, since 2004 what I believe may be a heavenly being has been communicating with me and is now currently affirming to me that I’m a prophet. I have never heard a voice coming from him, he communicates with me by touching my body to signify different things. I call him Butterfly but when he initially told me what he was called he told me he was named Madaba. I never liked this so agreed with him to rename him Butterfly. For various reasons. But I am now going to start calling him Madaba again. As far as I can tell, Madaba is a small town in Jordan with some notable early Christian mosaics and I’m not sure why he gave me that name when I asked him.

Madaba started communicating with me after what can be best described as a prolonged and intense nervous breakdown during which time I was hospitalized as having “substance induced psychosis”. Basically, I drove myself insane through introspection, music, isolation, and drugs.

There were two songs that became the anthems of this time and which in their own ways actually served to shape my breakdown and fuel my madness. One gave me the idea of there being a higher being who wanted me to change for the better and the other made me want to start a revolutionary social movement. The first of these was Utopia by Goldfrapp and the other song was Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, which inspired me to dedicate myself to a greater cause. Other songs on the albums these songs are off shaped my breakdown too. Check out Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp and Franz Ferdinand by Franz Ferdinand. During my breakdown I was obsessed with these albums, but other songs were factors too.

Many years after my breakdown I reexamined these tracks that had done so much to shape my breakdown (and consequently shape me into the person I became) and came a cross something that blew my mind. The album version of Utopia by Goldfrapp is 4 minutes and 18 seconds long, which looks like 4:18 and in the music video of Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand 4.18 appears repeatedly in the background. Go and see for yourself. I thought this may be a bible verse so went online and was not disappointed – I found Luke 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free

The context of this is that Jesus is in a synagogue teaching, but these were not his words, he was quoting Isaiah 61:1, which is basically the job description of the Jewish Moshiach. By quoting this and applying it to himself he was declaring himself to be The Messiah, and saying that he had fulfilled scripture.

However, I don’t see it quite like that. I believe that Luke 4:18 is the job description of any prophet, not just The Messiah who I believe to be one of many prophets. Basically, it applies to him because he happens to be one of many prophets, to whom this applies to. The word “Moshiach” means “anointed one” in Hebrew; the word “Christ” means this too, in Greek. I would say “anointed one” basically means “chosen one” and can be applied to any prophet. The Messiah is therefore A chosen one, but would be THE chosen one, as far as Jews are concerned, hence the term THE [anointed one], rather than A [anointed one]. Just like when you say “close the door” you mean specifically “our door” or “the door in question” which means one door out of many, rather than claiming that the door in question is the only door in existence. Basically, the way I see it by “The Messiah” Jews (and Christians!) mean “Our Messiah”. Which leaves the door open for other anointed ones on other missions to other demographics.

I know I'm using a lot of terms interchangeably here but hope I am making myself clear?

I believe that God may have anointed (i.e. selected) me to be a prophet and that he guides me in this mission by the entity known as Madaba. I therefore believe that Luke 4:18 applies as much to me as it does to The Messiah, or any other prophet either alive today or recorded in scripture.

Was Jesus Christ The Messiah? As a Christian, I believe he was. Am I? Nope. I’m not an observant Jew as The Moshiach must be, indeed I have zero Jewish ancestry (as far as I’m aware) and The Messiah is a prophet sent to teach, lead, and save the Jewish people. It is undeniable that historically the Jewish people have had an extraordinary relationship with God. However, I don’t think God has an exclusive relationship with them, I believe he is interested in the welfare of humankind as a whole.

Who then is my target demographic? Well, not the Jews or the Moslems. Both of these groups have their own prophets although they share many who are mentioned in the Old Testament. I believe I have been sent primarily for the benefit of secular humans and Christians too but as part of a wider divine plan for the saving of Planet Earth – i.e. preventing human activity from destroying both the ecosystem and humankind itself. Perhaps I’m a warm-up man for the second coming of Christ, like how John The Baptist was the warm-up man for Jesus Christ? And maybe there are others out there, who have similarly been anointed?

I believe that under the guidance of Madaba I am to promote global Peace, Freedom, and Development as well as to advocate environmentalism, to stop human activity destroying the world. I am a believer in world governance (but not world government) and support the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.

So, basically, I believe I may be a prophet. But I don’t claim to be either “the second coming” or “The Messiah”. But I do claim to possibly be one of God’s anointed ones.

But I have no idea how to go about any of this, none at all. But one thing I’m not out to do is to win followers or start some new religion; that is not my mission. I have no idea what to do next with my ministry. Assuming I have one, which is something I am inclined to doubt.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Two main things you need IMO. First is conviction in your belief, and honestly, your post doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Which leads to the second part. You got to be able to convince people of your sincerity. If you don't have confidence in yourself you can't expect others to have confidence in you.

Also you might what to relook at scripture more as a primer, not so much in what to say but how to act. Got to learn how to act like a prophet if you want people to take you seriously.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Help!

I need to here from others, to get a dose of reality before I descend into madness :)

I have put this in a discussion forum rather than a debate one as I am not out to debate whether or not I am truly a prophet indeed I do not feel sure that I am and am certainly not claiming to be, rather I am wanting to discuss the concept and the accuracy of my understanding of the concept to help me better understand certain things and to help me to better discern whether or not I am a prophet, which is what I'm trying to do here :)

Astute and knowledgable people I've encountered on these forums and would especially like to here from re: this matter are: @dybmh @Rival @Harel13 @RabbiO

Also, I am certainly not out to convince others that I am some kind of prophet; I merely want to discuss the idea of what it means for a person to be a prophet. Again, I'm looking for discussion, not debate.

There is someone who posts on these forums who has announced to us all that he is The Messiah and he truly believes he is: I don’t believe him and don’t think I am either.

In 2018 I was (for various reasons) convinced I was the “second-coming” of Christ. I no longer believe this. Due to ignorance and naivety I thought “Jesus of Nazareth” (who I thought I was, reincarnated) was the same as “The Messiah”. I had never before heard of the term “Moshiach” and didn’t know that there was such a concept in Judaism. I therefore declared to RF that I was “The Messiah”!

First things first: How do I define prophet? I’d say it’s any individual who is guided/tasked by God to teach and/or lead a target demographic so as to “save” them, just like the Moshiach in Judaism, or Christ in Christianity etc. etc. etc. so as to give them a renewed relationship with God as a part of God's plan

Why do I believe I’m a prophet? Well, since 2004 what I believe may be a heavenly being has been communicating with me and is now currently affirming to me that I’m a prophet. I have never heard a voice coming from him, he communicates with me by touching my body to signify different things. I call him Butterfly but when he initially told me what he was called he told me he was named Madaba. I never liked this so agreed with him to rename him Butterfly. For various reasons. But I am now going to start calling him Madaba again. As far as I can tell, Madaba is a small town in Jordan with some notable early Christian mosaics and I’m not sure why he gave me that name when I asked him.

Madaba started communicating with me after what can be best described as a prolonged and intense nervous breakdown during which time I was hospitalized as having “substance induced psychosis”. Basically, I drove myself insane through introspection, music, isolation, and drugs.

There were two songs that became the anthems of this time and which in their own ways actually served to shape my breakdown and fuel my madness. One gave me the idea of there being a higher being who wanted me to change for the better and the other made me want to start a revolutionary social movement. The first of these was Utopia by Goldfrapp and the other song was Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, which inspired me to dedicate myself to a greater cause. Other songs on the albums these songs are off shaped my breakdown too. Check out Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp and Franz Ferdinand by Franz Ferdinand. During my breakdown I was obsessed with these albums, but other songs were factors too.

Many years after my breakdown I reexamined these tracks that had done so much to shape my breakdown (and consequently shape me into the person I became) and came a cross something that blew my mind. The album version of Utopia by Goldfrapp is 4 minutes and 18 seconds long, which looks like 4:18 and in the music video of Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand 4.18 appears repeatedly in the background. Go and see for yourself. I thought this may be a bible verse so went online and was not disappointed – I found Luke 4:18

The context of this is that Jesus is in a synagogue teaching, but these were not his words, he was quoting Isaiah 61:1, which is basically the job description of the Jewish Moshiach. By quoting this and applying it to himself he was declaring himself to be The Messiah, and saying that he had fulfilled scripture.

However, I don’t see it quite like that. I believe that Luke 4:18 is the job description of any prophet, not just The Messiah who I believe to be one of many prophets. Basically, it applies to him because he happens to be one of many prophets, to whom this applies to. The word “Moshiach” means “anointed one” in Hebrew; the word “Christ” means this too, in Greek. I would say “anointed one” basically means “chosen one” and can be applied to any prophet. The Messiah is therefore A chosen one, but would be THE chosen one, as far as Jews are concerned, hence the term THE [anointed one], rather than A [anointed one]. Just like when you say “close the door” you mean specifically “our door” or “the door in question” which means one door out of many, rather than claiming that the door in question is the only door in existence. Basically, the way I see it by “The Messiah” Jews (and Christians!) mean “Our Messiah”. Which leaves the door open for other anointed ones on other missions to other demographics.

I know I'm using a lot of terms interchangeably here but hope I am making myself clear?

I believe that God may have anointed (i.e. selected) me to be a prophet and that he guides me in this mission by the entity known as Madaba. I therefore believe that Luke 4:18 applies as much to me as it does to The Messiah, or any other prophet either alive today or recorded in scripture.

Was Jesus Christ The Messiah? As a Christian, I believe he was. Am I? Nope. I’m not an observant Jew as The Moshiach must be, indeed I have zero Jewish ancestry (as far as I’m aware) and The Messiah is a prophet sent to teach, lead, and save the Jewish people. It is undeniable that historically the Jewish people have had an extraordinary relationship with God. However, I don’t think God has an exclusive relationship with them, I believe he is interested in the welfare of humankind as a whole.

Who then is my target demographic? Well, not the Jews or the Moslems. Both of these groups have their own prophets although they share many who are mentioned in the Old Testament. I believe I have been sent primarily for the benefit of secular humans and Christians too but as part of a wider divine plan for the saving of Planet Earth – i.e. preventing human activity from destroying both the ecosystem and humankind itself. Perhaps I’m a warm-up man for the second coming of Christ, like how John The Baptist was the warm-up man for Jesus Christ? And maybe there are others out there, who have similarly been anointed?

I believe that under the guidance of Madaba I am to promote global Peace, Freedom, and Development as well as to advocate environmentalism, to stop human activity destroying the world. I am a believer in world governance (but not world government) and support the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.

So, basically, I believe I may be a prophet. But I don’t claim to be either “the second coming” or “The Messiah”. But I do claim to possibly be one of God’s anointed ones.

But I have no idea how to go about any of this, none at all. But one thing I’m not out to do is to win followers or start some new religion; that is not my mission. I have no idea what to do next with my ministry. Assuming I have one, which is something I am inclined to doubt.
DIdn't read your post, but I am schizophrenic and I've thought I was a prophet and I hear it's very common among schizophrenics. Incidentally I believed that if in someone's self-support and associations there is no corruption, anyone can be a prophet.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I strongly doubt that a prophet would "drive himself insane". Your next best steo is to keep taking your meds.
I disagree

I think a lot of what are taken by many to be genuine religious experiences do resemble insanity

E.g. visitations of the Virgin Mary

How such instances are widely interpreted is a question of numbers and of authority...

There is only one of me and I lack authority

I think that to become the person I am today I had to go through stuff which got me labeled "insane"

I've grown accustomed to using the term to describe certain things have truly happened to me that I truly believe to have a cause other than insanity...

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Two main things you need IMO. First is conviction in your belief, and honestly, your post doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Which leads to the second part. You got to be able to convince people of your sincerity. If you don't have confidence in yourself you can't expect others to have confidence in you.

Also you might what to relook at scripture more as a primer, not so much in what to say but how to act. Got to learn how to act like a prophet if you want people to take you seriously.
Thank you for your considered and useful reply

You're entirely right

And I suppose it looks as though I am almost apologising for what I believe in

Perhaps "I'm pretty sure I am a prophet" would have been better than "am thinking I may be a prophet"

But if I am a prophet I believe I'm at an early stage, and that convincing people about things comes only after I've sorted myself out and grown more confident in my bizarre convictions, and grown in strength as a person

I've always tried to tone things down, perhaps the next move is to stop doing this and become more outrageous? I've made outrageous claims in the past so this shouldn't be a problem

I think I should take a lesson from the person who claims he's The Messiah on these forums!

But the thing is, I want to be certain that my beliefs are true, before going on to do this

Iymus

Help!

Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Help!

Just be yourself.

Milton Platt

Edit: A while after posting this I have decided I no longer aspire to be a prophet or anything like that, see: Promise: no more BS on RF

Help!

I'm thinking that I'm a millionaire...but when I checked my bank account, the money wasn't there..

Last edited:

74x12

Help!

I think you need to ignore this spirit/entity and not communicate with it anymore as much as possible. You know it keeps changing it's story? God never lies so God doesn't ever change His story. That's how you know it's not God; because it keeps making things up. It will literally tell you anything it thinks you'll believe.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Edit: A while after posting this I have decided I no longer aspire to be a prophet or anything like that, see:
Good to read this. Sometimes just sharing and getting things off of your chest solves problems.

Ayjaydee

Help!

If you were able to professy, youd know it

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
A spiritual opening is quite normal in all cultures and they of course can only be mentally depicted and understood in the cultural contents in where it finds place.

In western cultures Mr. Jesus of course is an archetypical image of the spiritual realms. But having a spiritual experience of Mr. J. doesn´t mean any other thing but just a personal spiritual opening for some reasons or another. You are most likely not the next Messiah, but you are in a process of functioning in a spiritual way.
As I read the rest of your post, I basically think your spiritual opening deals with "another way of interpreting the ancient religious texts and go beyond the biblical dogmas".

But then again: I´m not the one who had your experiences, so who am I to tell :)

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
I think you need to ignore this spirit/entity and not communicate with it anymore as much as possible. You know it keeps changing it's story? God never lies so God doesn't ever change His story. That's how you know it's not God; because it keeps making things up. It will literally tell you anything it thinks you'll believe.
This is a very dualistic, biblical and dogmatic way of dealing with spiritual experiences, but you have a significant point when it comes to understand these matters in order not to be confused and hold onto the proces.

74x12

This is a very dualistic, biblical and dogmatic way of dealing with spiritual experiences, but you have a significant point when it comes to understand these matters in order not to be confused and hold onto the proces.
Why trust known liars? Just time to admit they aren't your friend. They hate you.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

Help!

let me share with you please by simple way
thank you to give me chance for sharing :oops:

Why the prophets were in a long time period and they are not now
In the past, there were no tools of communication between peoples, such as telephones, emails, and the Internet, and the tribes lived in separate places, meaning that they were in a state of interruption from the outside world.
Those who drop out are always forgotten about the data
Data is stored in vital brains, not flash drives, so it loses the quality of the information
Since there were no effective aviation, cars, transportation, and means of communication, this period was appropriate for there to be prophets

Now, there is no reason for us to have a prophet among us, because we all share all the information.

The goal of the prophets is to provide people with modern information.

I advise you to use creativity in something useful to humanity as an example
How to free captive money from the richest people
If we fail to recycle the money, the economies will shrink and collapse