• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only trans person on this site?

Are you Trans?

• No.

• Yes.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We are standing up, demanding recognition, and demanding equality. I really doubt the actual number of people who are trans has increased, but we are becoming more visible, society is becoming more accepting, and increasingly they are becoming less afraid (especially the younger transitioners).
You may not agree, but biology, psychology, anthropology, and medicine do.

Call this weird of me, but I was at a LGB support group a month or so ago and the mediator shared a bit of history about gay Pride parade and how it started. He mentioned the Stone Riots and afterwards it wasn't LGB folks that started the Pride Movement but transgender fighting for equality and the rest of us fell on the band wagon given the event.

A lot of people associate the origin of Pride with the LGB community but its history is far beyond just sexual orientation but sexual and gender identity as well.

Good group. If I didn't have many classes, I'd go there more often.

My two cents.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Call this weird of me, but I was at a LGB support group a month or so ago and the mediator shared a bit of history about gay Pride parade and how it started. He mentioned the Stone Riots and afterwards it wasn't LGB folks that started the Pride Movement but transgender fighting for equality and the rest of us fell on the band wagon given the event.
From what I understand, including from people who were there, that is correct. "The queens are rioting" is how some of them announced it to others. (comes from some documentary I watched some years ago about it)
A lot of people associate the origin of Pride with the LGB community but its history is far beyond just sexual orientation but sexual and gender identity as well.
Apparently, everyone, be they gay or transgender, were all just queer back then, and their very existence regardless of if they was in that group over sexuality or gender was often criminalized. "Cross-dressing," something that was illegal back then, is what the Stonewall riots started over from a legal perspective. More riots followed, but over the decades the role of those trans-women would be downplayed if not omitted entirely.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
From what I understand, including from people who were there, that is correct. "The queens are rioting" is how some of them announced it to others. (comes from some documentary I watched some years ago about it)

Apparently, everyone, be they gay or transgender, were all just queer back then, and their very existence regardless of if they was in that group over sexuality or gender was often criminalized. "Cross-dressing," something that was illegal back then, is what the Stonewall riots started over from a legal perspective. More riots followed, but over the decades the role of those trans-women would be downplayed if not omitted entirely.

I think you'd be interested in this. I got this on a fluke. I live in a very very Christian area and our library was giving out free books they were going to throw away. Out of all the times I've been in the libraries in my area, I never saw anything close to "The Gay and Lesbian Almanac". Someone probably accidentally put it in there by mistake ;) and the library went bananas. I yanked that book out. It talks about LGBTQ history politics, work, religion, education, military, and other subjects that influence the LGBTQ community.

Last edited: