• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am i strange?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe in the abrahamic God, but believe in karma and reincarnation. Am i strange?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
You’d likely find a home at my mother’s local temple. If that makes you feel any better?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe in the abrahamic God, but believe in karma and reincarnation. Am i strange?

In Jewish Kaballah, there's a concept of reincarnation. For example, the Baal Shem Tov said: "A soul may descend to earth and live seventy or eighty years for the sole purpose of doing a favor for another. A spiritual favor, or even a material favor."

From the Zohar: "All souls must undergo transmigration and the souls of men revolve like a stone which is thrown from a sling, so many turns before the final release...Only those who have not completed their perfection must suffer the wheel of rebirth by being reborn into another human body."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Please explain:blush:why will i likely find a Home at your mothers local temple?
My mother is what we in the Hindu community call a “Sai Baba person.”
Basically a universalist sect of Hinduism that regards the Babas (Sai and Shirdi) as well prophets, for a lack of a better term.
So they welcome with open arms anyone regardless of faith, because to them the Abrahamics and the Dharmics have the same God. Just with different names and interpretations

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
My mother is what we in the Hindu community call a “Sai Baba person.”
Basically a universalist sect of Hinduism that regards the Babas (Sai and Shirdi) as well prophets, for a lack of a better term.
So they welcome with open arms anyone regardless of faith, because to them the Abrahamics and the Dharmics have the same God. Just with different names and interpretations
This universal hindu sect sounds lovely:blush: they believe the same as me

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

download (4).jpeg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Nah. I know a fair amount of people that worship the Abrahamic God the apply the principles of karma and reincarnation into their belief structure.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No, you are not strange at all.

I also believe in the Abrahamic God And I also believe in karma and reincarnation. And I also believe in the Hindu God, and also in Islamic God. Because for me there is only 1 God

Note: "My Belief" implies "my opinion"

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
The Abrahamic God and the Hindu and Buddhist God are one. Reincarnation is it's usual Buddhist or Hindu form is not correct. The qualities of a person can be transmitted, but not the essential person or soul. Of course, for a Buddhist the concept of a soul is not believed usually, depending on the Buddhist. There's also the problem of teachings being transmitted orally for centuries which also creates the possibility of someone making up what Krishna or Buddha said. I'm not sure karma exists in the Baha'i Writings or not. Karma is usually understood to be something impersonally happening in a kind of automatic way. It's possible, I suppose that there could be that a person with their actions cause a fate for them which God could interfere with for a better fate. It would be a modified karma. Is karma transmitted accurately orally like the concept of reincarnation? Unknown to me.