• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I Paranoid?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Or does anyone elses Google/Android phones update their Google phone feed, with things relevant to conversations they have had, that have never been entered into a Google search bar; or anywhere on the internet for that matter?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That doesn't bother me as much as Facebook's obnoxious practice of "suggesting Friends" and the significant numbers of them that are suggested to me with names written in Cyrillic alphabet.

I left FB almost a year ago, and don't really care to use it anymore. So, I have not had this problem.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Or does anyone elses Google/Android phones update their Google phone feed, with things relevant to conversations they have had, that have never been entered into a Google search bar; or anywhere on the internet for that matter?

If this is happening, somewhere along the line you’ve agreed to give Google access to text messages or wherever release they’re collecting this information. The don’t just take it without you granting them access.

My advice to you would be to go to your Google security settings on your Google account and see what you’ve granted them access to.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If this is happening, somewhere along the line you’ve agreed to give Google access to text messages or wherever release they’re collecting this information. The don’t just take it without you granting them access.

My advice to you would be to go to your Google security settings on your Google account and see what you’ve granted them access to.

I post this, search through some Google settings (no voice permissions outside of calls as far as I can tell, fyi), and then find this news story on my feed:

Algorithmic Intelligence Has Gotten So Smart, It's Easy To Forget It's Artificial

*Frustrated Sigh*

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
All the time. Why is everyone surprised about this? You didn't read the ToS?

Terry Sampson

I left FB almost a year ago, and don't really care to use it anymore. So, I have not had this problem.

I'd leave it if I felt I could. Reduced my FB friends from 130 to 7. Have several thousand historical family photos of ancestors and deceased kin posted and I use it to share photos with distant kin. It's easier than emailing the pictures one by one and cheaper than paying for my own private website to post the pictures and genealogical records too. When I get into my serious dementia phase and can't keep up with it, I'll fade away into the sunset.

74x12

Yes, apparently they have bots reading everything you say and picking out key words so they can advertise to you. No telling what other abuses of power go on unbeknownst to us. What it appears is happening is that the world is entering an age of a technocratic oligarchy with little or no actual rights. There will be appearance of rights but the government and corporations will be able to violate those rights with impunity as they desire.

I for one am tired of people making excuses for corporations like google. They say it's "private" company so they don't have to respect your rights. Well, why do they force private companies to respect people's civil rights then? So it's a civil rights issue and these tyrants need to be stopped.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Been boycotting schmoggle for quite some years now. Never signed up for "social media" when I saw the writing on the wall of what it was really going to be used for. When we haven't even figured out that the internet needs to be a public utility, I have no confidence in my nation's government properly regulating any of that stuff.