• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I fit for Satanism?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I must be blind then . . .

VERSE 19
O DARK One, 1 wondrous and excelling in every way, 2 becomes the accomplishment, 3 of those worshippers 4 who living in this world 5 freely make offering to Thee in worship 6 of the greatly 7 satisfying flesh, together with hair and bone, 8 of cats, camels, sheep, 9 buffaloes, goats, and men.
Let me highlight it in your quote for you in orange.

However, Vamachara isn't Satanism, to end any confusion other readers (not you) may be having regarding this.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Let me highlight it in your quote for you in orange.

However, Vamachara isn't Satanism, to end any confusion other readers (not you) may be having regarding this.
Right and I guess I need reiterate what I originally posted . . .

*'The flesh of' (Palalaṁ)
These animals represent the Six Enemies (Ripu) or Vices which are specially characteristic of the following animals: The goat stands for Lust (Kāma) 'as lustful as a goat (Chhāga),' the buffalo, Anger (Krodha) 'as angry as a buffalo (Mahiṣa),' the cat, Greed (Lobha) 'as greedy as a cat' (Mārjāra), the sheep, Delusion (Moha), 'as stupid as a sheep' (Meṣa) the camel, Envy (Mātsarya) 'as envious as a camel' (Uṣtra), Man, Pride (Mada) 'the Pride and arrogance of man' (Nara).

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Sacrificing the symbol of something is not the same as objective sacrifice. Otherwise Crowley would be history's greatest baby serial killer :cool:

crossfire

Premium Member
Right and I guess I need reiterate what I originally posted . . .

*'The flesh of' (Palalaṁ)
These animals represent the Six Enemies (Ripu) or Vices which are specially characteristic of the following animals: The goat stands for Lust (Kāma) 'as lustful as a goat (Chhāga),' the buffalo, Anger (Krodha) 'as angry as a buffalo (Mahiṣa),' the cat, Greed (Lobha) 'as greedy as a cat' (Mārjāra), the sheep, Delusion (Moha), 'as stupid as a sheep' (Meṣa) the camel, Envy (Mātsarya) 'as envious as a camel' (Uṣtra), Man, Pride (Mada) 'the Pride and arrogance of man' (Nara).
LOL! Let us count the six animals to go with the six vices in the text:

These animals represent the Six Enemies (Ripu) or Vices which are specially characteristic of the following animals:
  1. The goat stands for Lust (Kāma) 'as lustful as a goat (Chhāga),'
  2. the buffalo, Anger (Krodha) 'as angry as a buffalo (Mahiṣa),'
  3. the cat, Greed (Lobha) 'as greedy as a cat' (Mārjāra),
  4. the sheep, Delusion (Moha), 'as stupid as a sheep' (Meṣa)
  5. the camel, Envy (Mātsarya) 'as envious as a camel' (Uṣtra),
  6. Man, Pride (Mada) 'the Pride and arrogance of man' (Nara)

Now I don't know about you, but I count six fleshy creatures (animals) here, just as it specifies these animals representing the six vices that are removed as a result of whole burnt sacrifice of each respective fleshy creature, including man.

crossfire

Premium Member
Sacrificing the symbol of something is not the same as objective sacrifice. Otherwise Crowley would be history's greatest baby serial killer :cool:
The text specifically says, the offering of flesh, together with hair and bone of cats, camels, sheep, 9 buffaloes, goats, and men.

I don't see how there can be any room for mistaking this to be symbolically, since it specifies "flesh, together with hair and bone."
http://sacred-texts.com/tantra/htk/htk23.htm#fn_150

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The text specifically says, the offering of flesh, together with hair and bone of cats, camels, sheep, 9 buffaloes, goats, and men.

I don't see how there can be any room for mistaking this to be symbolically, since it specifies "flesh, together with hair and bone."
Okay, although a written verse is hardly the same as actual sacrifice, here is evidence of human sacrifice in the name of Kali. I stand corrected.

Kali Puja 2018: Is Human Sacrifice a Superstition or a Necessary Part of Kali Worship?

crossfire

Premium Member
I wonder how he separated the sperms of "A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim." from the rest? :flushed: