• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I Christian or Pagan?

Am I Christian or Pagan?

• Christian

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pagan

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Kelly of the Phoenix

Authority of the bible just means you believe the bible is the word of god.
I consider a book to have next to no authority, only a deity or deities.

Worship a book? I consider The Buddha's suttas an authority because I agree with his teachings and view of life. I want to mirror my life off his teachings. He has over a thousand Pali suttas alone on top of the sutras later on. I dont worship them.
I have no problems with people saying a certain text (or movie or show or whatever) inspires them. I have many such inspirations. I just feel calling it an "authority" crosses a line.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I have no problems with people saying a certain text (or movie or show or whatever) inspires them. I have many such inspirations. I just feel calling it an "authority" crosses a line.

Eh. A lot of christians feel the bible is important in their walk with christ. For many of them the bible basically is the instructions of what jesus taught. I mean, one can be in prayer without opening The Bible.

Just many christians feel christ talks to them Through the bible. Some depend on it hand and foot. Others use it when they want to learn more about their faith.

The general consensus is "the bible isnt Just a book." More than and not inspiration to most, not god to all. Maybe Id use the word high prority source in knowing christ (not highest just height; not The authority just authority).

I mean I understand what youre saying. Catholicism doesnt depend on the bible but on The Church interpretation of the bible. They talk to christ directly. I never heard any christian non denomin, denomination, independent, or otherwise devalue the bible as inspiration. (Not requoting you verbatum)

DavidFirth

What do you base your "Christianity" on, if not the word of God?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I am monotheist in that I believe all spirits come from one original creator spirit.

I believe however that the Pagan Deities really were spirits speaking to people who were in touch with the spirit world.

I've prayed to Woden, Thor, Dionysus, Freyja, Frigg, and various Pagan Deities. Also pray to the dead and find it spiritually satiating.

I believe that a human being can become a god or goddess , and that some of the Deities are spirits that once had a body.

I think much of the Bible is irrelevant today, and I see it as having many errors. It simply goes against my conscience, is irrational in places, and horrifying + depressing in others, but I'm open to the possibility that it is all the word of God.

It is Biblical that I see God has changed his mind over time , and therefore I don't believe a lot of the Bible is supposed to be followed today.

I study and respect all faiths and take from them what my judgement tells me is good fruit. I believe the occult, voodoo, black magic, witchcraft, sorcery, and necromancy is dangerous , but can be used for the greater good.

I accept Jesus as my Lord and savior and believe he died for my sins and rose from the dead. I pray most of my petitions in his name.

Do you think I'm Christian? It's an honest question, because I'm unsure... guessing Christian

Your a Christian hybrid, blasphemous as all get out but nonetheless a hybrid. A hybrid of Catholicism/Paganism/Rosicrucianism. 2 of the 3 are Christian technically. So 2 out 3 leans you more towards Christianity.

Basically you would be better off abandoning 2 of the "isms" and just stick with the one you feel suits you best. But the combination of all 3 will leave you spinning your wheels in futility. You would be far better off imo as just a Pagan, or just a Catholic, or just a Rosicrucian.

Thats just my opinion on it. You can take it for what itd worth or not. Free will is in your court. :cool: