• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I asking too much of God?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Somebody recently told me the devil will accuse me on Judgement Day of shaking people's faith and murdering Souls.

That isn't what I want to do. I simply want God to be faithful to his word. Then I want to strengthen people's faith.

I find it sickening that what I want from God is simply the grace to do his will, and God won't even grant that... I'm willing to give up everything for God if he would simply demonstrate that he's trustworthy. I need understanding. Is that so much to ask from God?

I don't trust what people say, and I no longer trust the scriptures, because the scriptures and God have let me down repeatedly.

Can somebody tell me what Jesus meant when he said "ask and you shall receive , seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be open to you? Ask anything of the father in my name and it will be done for you? Faith of a mustard seed can move mountains? Those who believe in me will do the works that I do and greater works?"

I have a reason to be angry. I diligently sought God and the grace to do his will, and God refused to give me the understanding, the maturity, and the sanity necessary to do that.

God refused to take my confusion away, though I prayed diligently with the one intention of Simply doing his will.

Why should I not be angry?

I look at the world around me and I see a bunch of blind and confused people. God has simply abandon them. God is the most pitiful, pathetic, low, incompetent father and Shepherd I've ever heard of!

I sought that God with sincerity and I got nothing but confusion. I tested the word of God and it came up false.

I just want God to be faithful to his word. Is that so much to ask? He promised his word would not return void. I know without a doubt that's b*******

How is my resentment of God not justified?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
And it isn't that I've always blasphemed either. I found the pursuit of God to be absolutely heartbreaking. My blasphemies are simply Justified grievances against a god who's refusing to do his job and refusing to be honest!

It is God's dishonesty that causes me much anger! If a human being were claiming to be a father and a shepherd, and making all sorts of promises that turned out to be lies, that would somewhat anger me, but when those lies are coming from God it makes me Furious! Sometimes human beings have excuses for being incompetent. God has no excuse!

I find the Bible to be thoroughly disgusting! Yet the answers I keep getting from Christians are " read the Bible"...

The Bible has obvious lies. A lot of people can see that. We need a new Messiah, a new God, a new prophet, New Covenant, and a new Bible.

Christ has certainly failed us, maybe the Antichrist will do a better job.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Somebody recently told me the devil will accuse me on Judgement Day of shaking people's faith.

That isn't what I want to do. I simply want God to be faithful to his word. Then I want to strengthen people's faith.

the only way you are going to learn is to ask and realize it for self.

Jesus is going to reward everyone for their works and the faith that had no works, will be like the person with no interest on his talent.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Perhaps your love/hate affair with your god is a distraction from taking other initiatives so improve your life and health?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Perhaps your love/hate affair with your god is a distraction from taking other initiatives so improve your life and health?
You have a good point, but it's a complicated situation... I've discovered the best thing for my mental health is prayer. It has often put me at peace and filled me with joy when I was miserable. I'm completely convinced that I've received certain Graces from an entity greater than myself.

But yes, my resentment against God is very bad for my mental health.

It's hard to not have these resentments, when I'm chronically seeing the confusion and misery all around me, knowing that God could help, and he simply refuses to, despite promising otherwise.

Maybe it would be healthy to just decide God doesn't exist, but that's out of my control. I cannot help but believe in God. It's complicated!

Perhaps I should keep the faith in a God but reject the Bible, which is the cause of a lot of my anger and resentment.

Jumi

Perhaps I should keep the faith in a God but reject the Bible, which is the cause of a lot of my anger and resentment.
Some people think scripture is God... I think you have a good idea here, keep what drew you to God in the first place and leave the things that make no sense to you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't trust what people say, and I no longer trust the scriptures, because the scriptures and God have let me down repeatedly.
I think you kinda described the problem right here, Pope.
You don't have a problem with God, so much as the people who claim to speak for God.
God never promised you anything. But fallible humans will often make promises in God's Name when the fact is that they don't know any more about God than you or I do.

Unfortunately, you and I live in a world dominated by Abrahamic religion, and those seem like the most inclined to teach this to their adherents. That God regularly delivers understanding to people who agree with them, and everyone else is deluded and evil.
Tom

Nous

Premium Member
Somebody recently told me the devil will accuse me on Judgement Day of shaking people's faith and murdering Souls.

I find it sickening that what I want from God is simply the grace to do his will, and God won't even grant that... I'm willing to give up everything for God if he would simply demonstrate that he's trustworthy. I need understanding. Is that so much to ask from God?

Can somebody tell me what Jesus meant when he said "ask and you shall receive , seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be open to you? Ask anything of the father in my name and it will be done for you? Faith of a mustard seed can move mountains? Those who believe in me will do the works that I do and greater works?"

I have a reason to be angry. I diligently sought God and the grace to do his will, and God refused to give me the understanding, the maturity, and the sanity necessary to do that.

God refused to take my confusion away, though I prayed diligently with the one intention of Simply doing his will.

Why should I not be angry?

I look at the world around me and I see a bunch of blind and confused people. God has simply abandon them. God is the most pitiful, pathetic, low, incompetent father and Shepherd I've ever heard of!

I sought that God with sincerity and I got nothing but confusion. I tested the word of God and it came up false.

I just want God to be faithful to his word. Is that so much to ask? He promised his word would not return void. I know without a doubt that's b*******

How is my resentment of God not justified?
I just recommend that you should try to expand your concept of God. I realize that might be sacrilegious to someone who believes that everything one can know about God is in the Bible, or gotten from a preacher. Even the Beatles knew that all you need is love. (And you can't deny that they were Gods.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just recommend that you should try to expand your concept of God. I realize that might be sacrilegious to someone who believes that everything one can know about God is in the Bible, or gotten from a preacher. Even the Beatles knew that all you need is love. (And you can't deny that they were Gods.)
Thank you. Yes the Beatles were gods. :p if they were omnipotent they do a lot better job than the big man upstairs.

And I don't believe that everything True about God is contained in the Bible. I'm inclined to think the Bible is falsehood

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The Bible has obvious lies. A lot of people can see that. We need a new Messiah, a new God, a new prophet, New Covenant, and a new Bible.

Christ has certainly failed us, maybe the Antichrist will do a better job.
Maybe it is just me, but I sure feel that you might have attained as much as you should expect to from that specific arrangement, and the time has come to aim higher, beyond scriptures and messiahs.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find Jesus was talking about 'spiritual matters' and using prayer asking his heavenly Father - Luke 11:13 B.
According to Luke 4:43 Jesus had a 'spiritual work' to teach about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44.
Jesus did Not do that work on an international scale, but Jesus gave that greater assignment, that greater work, to his followers to do as we can read at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
We are to take the good news about God's kingdom government and spread that information world wide to the ends of the Earth when there will be a time of healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

'gods' but with a lower-case letter 'g'. To some people their god is their belly according to Philippians 3:19.
I find there are many gods and many lords according to 1 Corinthians 8:5-6.
Some people equate the Beatles' form of love as mostly a physical sort of love.
Whereas Jesus' New commandment at John 13:34-35 was about having the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has.
In other words, to now have love of neighbor as being greater than love of self.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Some people think scripture is God... .

I never heard the ^ above ^ before, but I have read that Scripture is God's Word as recorded at Psalms 119:105.
To be used as an owner's manual, the Bible used as a 'light' ( flashlight ) to guide our immediate steps to success,
and used as a 'lamp' ( high beams ) to clearly direct our roadway ahead of us to be successful.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus is going to reward everyone for their works and the faith that had no works, will be like the person with no interest on his talent.

Who says 'faith that had no works' because I find at James 2:26 it says faith without works is dead.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
'gods' but with a lower-case letter 'g'. To some people their god is their belly according to Philippians 3:19.
I find there are many gods and many lords according to 1 Corinthians 8:5-6.
Some people equate the Beatles' form of love as mostly a physical sort of love.
Whereas Jesus' New commandment at John 13:34-35 was about having the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has.
In other words, to now have love of neighbor as being greater than love of self.
A lot of self-sacrificing love Jesus has. He doesn't have to lift a finger to heal people or speak up. He refuses to. I would lay down my life so that people could be enlightened. Jesus refuses to so much as speak and occasional word that can be understood. Not to mention he made false promises in scripture. God has failed us! the Bible is a joke! God is the cause of confusion and the world's misery!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A lot of self-sacrificing love Jesus has. He doesn't have to lift a finger to heal people or speak up. He refuses to. I would lay down my life so that people could be enlightened. Jesus refuses to so much as speak and occasional word that can be understood. Not to mention he made false promises in scripture. God has failed us! the Bible is a joke! God is the cause of confusion and the world's misery!

Before the physical healing of Revelation 22:2 takes place about healing for earth's nations, first there is spiritual healing.
The good news about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is to be spread globally according to Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 before we would see physical healing on Earth. Jesus is seeing that the international proclaiming about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is Now being done on a vast global scale as never before in history thus showing the time for Jesus to take the action of Matthew 25:31-33,37 is near at hand.
The passing of time has allowed all of us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us, otherwise we would never have the opportunity to gain everlasting life either in Heaven for some, or to be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11,29.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You have a good point, but it's a complicated situation... I've discovered the best thing for my mental health is prayer. It has often put me at peace and filled me with joy when I was miserable. I'm completely convinced that I've received certain Graces from an entity greater than myself.

It's hard to not have these resentments, when I'm chronically seeing the confusion and misery all around me, knowing that God could help, and he simply refuses to, despite promising otherwise.

Maybe it would be healthy to just decide God doesn't exist, but that's out of my control. I cannot help but believe in God. It's complicated!

If I may...
How about considering that this entity greater than you might not be God ?
It might have limitations as far as its power go. It might not want to communicate at all. It may feel some empathy towards you... sometimes. If praying works, then pray. But don't create any expectations about what it might be or want from you. How does this compromise sound to you ?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If I may...
How about considering that this entity greater than you might not be God ?
It might have limitations as far as its power go. It might not want to communicate at all. It may feel some empathy towards you... sometimes. If praying works, then pray. But don't create any expectations about what it might be or want from you. How does this compromise sound to you ?
Sounds great! Well, depressing, but at the same time it sounds like you are correct. I kind of had a suspicion that was the case. It seems like something is tying this entities hands.