• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I a Biggot?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Well, we all have faulty ideas at times. Hopefully, we all learn better for each one of our faulty ideas. ;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maybe it is a human weakness that makes us think less of people who think differently than we do. We have to see this and try very hard not to do it. I am glad that Darkmaster24 has seen this this and is trying to remedy it. None of us are perfect, we all have faults- and the ability to recognize them and want to change them is a step in the right direction.

challupa

Maybe it is a human weakness that makes us think less of people who think differently than we do. We have to see this and try very hard not to do it. I am glad that Darkmaster24 has seen this this and is trying to remedy it. None of us are perfect, we all have faults- and the ability to recognize them and want to change them is a step in the right direction.
I think part of it is the taboo in our society of being wrong. We learn at a young age that "wrong" is "failure" and failure has really degrading connotations. Also, admitting we are wrong is very hard because it can possibly be interpreted as a weakness and therefore the other may have an advantage.

capslockf9

There is a time for thought and a time to BE. I would have to agree with your second sentence.

Yes
We can just BE and still think as, in making plans for the future. One could still study and plan to become a doctor.
It is the ideas and concepts that have no basis of faCT and yet we hold as truth need to be purged.
One thing to began with is to become aware of self. "Know thy self" as someone once said.

DarkMaster24

I think so. I think that's especially true for me-like today I was talking to one of my Christian friends and he was trying to tell me that Evolution was a scientific fact...and that, well I allmost can't help but laugh at how stupid that sounds. But yeah, I recognize that I need to change, and hopefully Ill do it.