• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alt-Right promises violence if Trump asks for it

MonkeyFire

**** these people! If you have no reason to use violence you shouldn't, as it is with omnipotent YHWH. I'm pretty sure the bible begins with forbidden fruit of good and evil, and ends with final battle, the rest is the fall of man where Jesus gives violence and hatred, and gets crucified.

Audie

Veteran Member
I do -- if they resort to needless hooliganism. Violence and vandalism harm their purported cause and feed into Right-wing propaganda.
Aw now here i thought it was the rw violence feeding lw propagandas.

In the event, the atrocious behaviour of your antifas and blms stand on their own demerit.

You comfortable with their "cause ?"

I hope not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
1. Were the rioters on the political Left, or the Right?
2. Was the violence instigated by the police, or was it spontaneous?
Lefties have vigorously argued that the worst rioters were
agents of the right. But they never argue that the worse
examples of the right are leftish agents.
There were enuf violent leftish rioters to qualify for the
label "violent". They have a poor claim of being less so.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are good and bad people on all sides, except on the Left, where there are only bad people.
So the intellectuals, the principled, the altruistic, the idealistic are the baddies? The side that freed the slaves, gave women the vote, gave workers the eight hour day and social security are the bad guys?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
True, but the far Right is better at it. The Left... their heart just isn't in it. It's not natural for them.

"Far Left" thugs are a rare breed, and a lot of the violence attributed to them I'd attributed to Black Bloc hooligans, who are just as RWA as the Fascists.

Right-Wing Authoritarian triad:
  1. Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
  2. Authoritarian aggression — a general aggressiveness directed against deviants, outgroups and other people that are perceived to be targets according to established authorities.
  3. Conventionalism — a high degree of adherence to the traditions and social norms that are perceived to be endorsed by society and its established authorities and a belief that others in one's society should also be required to adhere to these norms.
Violence is the natural reaction of the Right, not the Left.
Just so you know, psychological models don't necessarily correlate to one's place on the political spectrum. Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot certainly weren't right-wing, and all combined, they're responsible for the deaths of around 100 million of their own countrymen. And it's still somewhat acceptable to be an open Stalinist or Maoist, which is astounding. You can find them in academia!

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aw now here i thought it was the rw violence feeding lw propagandas.

In the event, the atrocious behaviour of your antifas and blms stand on their own demerit.

You comfortable with their "cause ?"

I hope not.
What does antifa have to do with the left?
Sure, we're all anti-fascist, but the hooligans marauding under the aegis of "Antifa" are not Left-wing idealists. They're opportunistic hooligans attracted to disorder and opportunities for violence -- usually stirred up by the police trying to "control" the situation and impose order. They're Black Block, or police or Right-wing agents provocateurs.

BLM? BLM demos are usually peaceful, aren't they? They're people drawing attention to a legitimate and pervasive social problem. The violence is usually instigated by the police, or executed by opportunists unconnected to the movement.
Protests & Provocateurs: Infiltrators are Disrupting BLM Protests - CounterPunch.org

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lefties have vigorously argued that the worst rioters were
agents of the right. But they never argue that the worse
examples of the right are leftish agents.
There were enuf violent leftish rioters to qualify for the
label "violent". They have a poor claim of being less so.
Ah -- Double agents! Left wing agents provocateurs! This is shaping up into a first class spy drama.
I expect a future Bond film to come of this.

Agent Provocateurs: Police at Protests Caught Destroying Property

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just so you know, psychological models don't necessarily correlate to one's place on the political spectrum. Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot certainly weren't right-wing, and all combined, they're responsible for the deaths of around 100 million of their own countrymen. And it's still somewhat acceptable to be an open Stalinist or Maoist, which is astounding. You can find them in academia!
But they were RWA, No?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But they were RWA, No?
I don't necessarily agree with that label as it's misleading, just as some psychiatric disorders have inaccurate and misleading names due to being outdated, but they do at least fit some of the traits. I certainly agree that they were authoritarian psychopaths.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't necessarily agree with that label as it's misleading, just as some psychiatric disorders have inaccurate and misleading names due to being outdated, but they do at least fit some of the traits. I certainly agree that they were authoritarian psychopaths.
Exactly! And Authoritarianism is a Right-wing pathology, isn't it?