• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alright, I admit it: Obama was wrong on the Stimulus.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Way wrong. He claimed that it would save 3 million jobs. According to a new study, it and TARP* saved closer to 9 million jobs and saved us from Great Depression II.

Geez, Mr. President! How can we trust you to rescue this economy if your policies save more than THREE TIMES the number of jobs that you claim to?! I mean, as every Tea-Bagger reminds us, you signed TARP into law!*

* Of course TARP was signed into law by Bush, not Obama. But according to the article, its effect must be considered with the stimulus'.

Last edited:

Troublemane

LoL! What rubbish. the facts are there in front of your face but you refuse to see.....If you notice in the article, they are claiming that the stimulus saved 8.5 million jobs that WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST along with the 8 million that WERE LOST.

So, in the very article you are pointing to, the hard facts are that 8 million jobs were lost despite the stimulus. Yet there is no way to prove that 8.5 million additional jobs that could have been lost. They are asserting something which only a possiblity, an opinion at best, while at the same time they let slip that 8 million jobs ACTUALLY WERE LOST.

really. Dont let the facts dissuade you from your religious fervor.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

LoL! What rubbish. the facts are there in front of your face but you refuse to see.....If you notice in the article, they are claiming that the stimulus saved 8.5 million jobs that WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST along with the 8 million that WERE LOST.

So, in the very article you are pointing to, the hard facts are that 8 million jobs were lost despite the stimulus. Yet there is no way to prove that 8.5 million additional jobs that could have been lost. They are asserting something which only a possiblity, an opinion at best, while at the same time they let slip that 8 million jobs ACTUALLY WERE LOST.

really. Dont let the facts dissuade you from your religious fervor.

It's kind of hard for this agnostic to be swept away by religious fervor. ;)

Your post is an armchair-quarterback response that is quite common in this nation. You assume that you have just as much relevant information and knowledge as people whose entire careers and training revolve around crunching numbers such as the one in the study. There's no guarantee that 8.5 million really is the right number, but I'd be much more willing to put a wager on that number than on some random Joe (no offense).

Seriously, if you were attempting to dissuade me from the study's result, you fell way short.