• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alright hit this Buddhist with your best shot!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
As long as Mankind survives so will all the Abrahamic Religions.
Many people are guided by fear and hope and as long as there is suffering people will seek a Higher power to save them.

people seek a Higher power because they need a quick fix, they will not work on themselves to alleviate the suffering as its easier to just believe a higher power will do it for you as long as you follow a few simple rules.

Fear will always exist so Religions will always exist, as they say the Devil is tge best friend Religions have had.

I personally think they will survive although their forms will be very questionable and considering the resurgence in religion and higher principles I think a newer form of strong Christianity will arise. Islam has changed n the last 4 years of me not being a Muslim to the point I do not recognize the Ummah anymore.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Do you believe there is hope for the Abrahamic religions? Will they survive this century?

I think Judaism will probably always survive to a degree due to the ethnic dimension. I think Islam will survive the century, but not ultimately survive if it doesn't reform into a more humanist framework. I think Christianity will probably survive in a humanist form, but if fundamentalism continues it'll be in Africa. There is no quick or simple resolution of what evangelical missionaries brought about there. I think elsewhere, fundamentalist Christianity will either have died, or dwindled down to almost nothing.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
If you want more thought on why I say Islam will need to embrace a humanist framework to survive- is because the Middle East hasn't experienced it's secular phase yet, but it will. You hear more and more about young people in majority Muslim countries being martyred for atheism or liberal views. Such suppression of ideas never works. Atheism will sweep across the Middle East like fire when enough martyrs have watered the ground with their blood, poetically speaking. The better angels in humans do not long watch persecution before the oppressor comes to be seen as an enemy by the people, and their victims as the righteous cause. Islam will be threatened when it loses the Middle East.

Last edited: