• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alone

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
So my chosen lifestyle pretty much means I do stuff by myself.

I walked into a restaurant last Sunday and since there were no counter seats available, I gave my name. When a place finally opened, the hostess said, Scott - party of one. I got a few chuckles when I got up and said, "And quite a memorable party it shall be."

I occasionally get odd looks when I dine alone or go to a theater alone. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it does leave me to wonder what others are thinking when they pass their judgment. What are you thinking when you see someone living in solitude?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I walked into a restaurant last Sunday and since there were no counter seats available, I gave my name. When a place finally opened, the hostess said, Scott - party of one. I got a few chuckles when I got up and said, "And quite a memorable party it shall be."

I occasionally get odd looks when I dine alone or go to a theater alone. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it does leave me to wonder what others are thinking when they pass their judgment. What are you thinking when you see someone living in solitude?
I feel an affinity, although I have rarely lived in solitude for very long periods.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I go to the movies alone all the time and no one pays it any mind. It's a common thing. No idea why anyone would look at you weird.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I sort of get concerned when these types start arguing with their dates...

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I wouldn't know because I stay at home alone!
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweat:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I work alone volunteering, and I cherished the drive to and from work when we had five kids growing up, and I taught. It was the break from people I needed to adjust to the next half of the day. Only 20 minutes. As a child I loved long walks in the surrounding wilderness, alone.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I work alone volunteering, and I cherished the drive to and from work when we had five kids growing up, and I taught. It was the break from people I needed to adjust to the next half of the day. Only 20 minutes. As a child I loved long walks in the surrounding wilderness, alone.

I'm alone 23.5 hours of the day.

Wake up alone.
30 min drive to work alone.
15 mins of being informed what happened during the day at work, and receiving instructions.
12 hour shift alone.
15 mins of me informing the co-worker coming to relieve me of what going on.
30 min drive home alone
Alone at home for the next 11 hours for sleep, rinse repeat.

Then on my days off I spend 6 days alone. Only having minimal human contact at the grocery store.

I spend 1 day at my Bros house (every other Saturday about 6-10 hours). Then back home again alone till myself shift starts rinse, repeat.

I am the poster child of the Lone Wolf.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I love being alone. I get to do whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it. Quite often, that consists of inflicting insufferable threads and posts on innocent RFers. What fun!

But it also includes stuff I couldn't easily do if I weren't alone, such as staying up all night painting or reading. Or putting off most chores until I actually feel like doing them. Or eating when I'm hungry and not when I'm "scheduled to be hungry".

Best of all, I get to make all the decisions without needing to persuade anyone to go along with what I want. And the last time I had a domestic argument about how to spend my money, etc was decades ago.

However, I tend to get together with a friend or two for such things like going to restaurants, movies, political meetings, museums, wilderness hikes, holiday parties, and erotic clubs.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm alone 23.5 hours of the day.

Wake up alone.
30 min drive to work alone.
15 mins of being informed what happened during the day at work, and receiving instructions.
12 hour shift alone.
15 mins of me informing the co-worker coming to relieve me of what going on.
30 min drive home alone
Alone at home for the next 11 hours for sleep, rinse repeat.

Then on my days off I spend 6 days alone. Only having minimal human contact at the grocery store.

I spend 1 day at my Bros house (every other Saturday about 6-10 hours). Then back home again alone till myself shift starts rinse, repeat.

I am the poster child of the Lone Wolf.

Do you enjoy your solitude, or do you wish you had someone to share some of your time with?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
IHowever, I tend to get together with a friend or two for such things like going to restaurants, movies, political meetings, museums, wilderness hikes, and erotic clubs.

Do you feel any comfort in sharing these events with another? Would you be comfortable doing such things (save erotic clubs) alone?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Do you enjoy your solitude, or do you wish you had someone to share some of your time with?

Solitude is a double edged sword for me, or maybe companionship is, it's unclear.

I am quite comfortable being a creature of solitude. It means little to no drama. No responsibility to anyone else, other than myself. And I can do pretty much whatever I want when I want to (within reason mind you).

But

At the same time. I do crave companionship. I miss having a someone to confide in face to face and the snuggles of course.

Social media is my outlet and I get by with text, forums, etc. I even have some very close friends that I have never, and probably will never, meet face to face (some relationships in the 10+ years area).

But sometimes it's a **** poor substitute sometimes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you feel any comfort in sharing these events with another? Would you be comfortable doing such things (save erotic clubs) alone?

I think I'd be a little anxious at first. Years ago, when I was new in town, and didn't know anyone, I recall I was a bit anxious at first going to coffee shops and sometimes even restaurants alone (restaurants were easier than coffee shops for me -- don't know why). But that anxiety quickly wore off as I got used to it.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Join the club. I live alone, no family and really no friends. I go days without talking to another person in person.

I did go 3 months with the only human interaction being the 30 mins per day of work, and grocery store banter with the cashier.

Sometimes I don't even recognize my own voice when I speak aloud! LoL

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Do you enjoy your solitude, or do you resent it?
No, I hate it and it's just breeding resentment in me towards others. I lived with my mom for my whole life until she died a few years ago and now I'm alone. I always wanted friends but can't seem to make any here that last or where people want to hang out with me or acknowledge my existence. I could die and no one would know.