• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost 32 years in this field and sick of it

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
As long as it's not a lateral move. I would have to be very discriminating, and possibly use a career search service. It's not a bad idea.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Another Lazarus thread... resurrected (OK, that was bad :facepalm:).

One of the benefits of medication, uh I mean meditation :D is thinking outside the box. Btw, yes I am a "bit" medicated right now due to some shoulder pain, so I have no idea where this post will go. I'm sure the next time I see this post, I'll think "what the hell was I talking about!?" :eek: But here goes...

My spiritual path is changing. I'm primarily Vaishnava Hindu (with a smattering of Shaiva), the goal of which is moksha, liberation from re-birth. But as I'm incorporating elements of Buddhism, I am being drawn to bodhicitta and the bodhisattva vow, i.e. foregoing liberation and to intentionally and willingly be re-born to help other sentient beings on their spiritual journey.

I think I made this choice in past lives; it transcends re-births and continues. But I think it's ordained that my job in this life, at least, is less spiritual help for other beings than it is to help those who can't help themselves. To that end, and I don't know how far I'll get or if I'll succeed, I'm going to begin looking into a change of careers into some sort of animal welfare. Be it animal control and rescue or veterinary. If it starts out as part time to train and gain experience as a veterinary tech or assistant, or animal control officer, so be it. Sri Krishna and Sri Shiva are the friends and protectors of animals, and I think they want this, and approve of it.

It's time to get the key and unlock the golden handcuffs. I've been talking about it to my partner. I've said that we'll lose a lot of the benefits and pay I have, but oh well... he'll have to step up to the plate also. The reason for that comment has a long backstory that I need not go into. :no: I don't know how far I'll get, but I can't sit back now without at least looking into this.