• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ally yourselves with Iran!

Should the west ally themselves with Iran and persecuted Shiite minorities?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
;;.jpg

Iran is simply more tolerant of non-muslims than so many other Muslim nations. Is Iran a threat with nukes? Well, Pakistan has nukes and they are a greater threat to Israel than Iran is.

Iran has been kind to Jews in comparison. Check out how many synagogues there are in Iran:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sy...es_in_Iran

Iran has Jewish resturants, Jewish cemeteries, Jewish schools, and Jewish hospitals.

Pakistan has a destroyed Jewish community. All Jewish synagogues were bulldozed or destroyed. There is allegedly one single registered Jew in Pakistan who is beaten by mobs:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/192184

Iran even lets Jews into parliament because Iran is Shiite. Shiites are less severe than Sunnis. ISIS, Taliban, the Saudi-regime, Saddam Hussein, and almost all terrorist groups are Sunni or not Shiite, with the exception of Hezbollah which is a small group in Lebanon that actually helped America defeat ISIS.

Pakistan is largely more hostile towards Jews than Iran because Iran is Shiite. (Some statistics show that Pakistan is only 5% Shiite.) Iran lets women take their veils off and protest the Government. Granted, some women have been arrested for this, but most are not. In Saudi Arabia, you can get 10 years in prison and a thousand lashes for just saying something negative about the government on a blog.

Iran is actually said to be the country on earth where Christianity is growing the fastest:
"This may come as a surprise to many of our readers: Christianity is growing faster in Iran than in any other country in the world."
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2017/s...te-baptism

This should be a good sign even for atheists as well, because it shows that Iran could possibly be the most lenient Muslim country regarding free-speech, at least compared to Arab nations (I know Persians are not Arab).

Free speech is booming in Iran as well as protests of the government. Most Iranians want to get with the 21st century.

Many Sunni regimes kill alcoholics, imprison them for decades, or take away their driving abilities for life. Iran actually has AA meetings for alcoholics.

Israel thinks Iran is such a threat and Americans think Iran is the bad guy, and there is talk of bombing them or invading them.

No one hardly mentions the real threat which is Pakistan.

Also, the Government in Pakistan lets people get away with gang rape, (even though it is technically illegal it is sanctioned). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Pakistan

Women in Iran get to defiantly wear their scarf so that their hair is fully exposed.

This is technically legal in Iran. Some women take off their scarfs entirely, which isn't technically legal, but it is rare that they get arrested for it.

Statistics show that over 70% of Iranians want freedom of speech, women's rights, and freedom of Religion in their country.

If the free world and Israel kills Iranians, they should kill them with kindness. Iran has the potential to be our Ally more than any other predominately Muslim country.

Iran supports the persecuted Shiites throughout the Muslim world who have been a minority that is has been getting raped, tortured, sold as sex-slaves, murdered, and their mosques blown up by Sunni bullies for over 1400 years.

Iran is the greatest defense of Shiites who are the more moderate and humane of the two groups
by far!

Hence, I love Iran and pray for that country a lot. It is a beacon of hope that the Islamic world can rapidly be leaving the dark-ages and getting with the 21st century through leaps and bounds!

If America would Ally themselves with Iran, we could help set up a Shiite government in Yemen that is as tolerant to the people who are not Muslim, as the government is in Iran.

Not that the government in Iran is without many flaws, but they are not cracking down on the people who are trying to get with the 21st century, at least not nearly to the degree that the Sunnis are on average.

Saddam Hussein was executed for his role in Shiite massacre
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/mi...ddam_12-29

That isn't counting the hundreds of thousands (more close to a million) of Shiites he killed in his invasion of Iran.

Now that the Iraqi government is Shiite, and Sunni ISIS was kicked out of Iraq, it is safer for Christians.... Jews who left Iraq want to return home now.

No doubt there are stupid laws in Iran and there is anti-Semitism, persecution of Religious minorities, and terrorism.

But freedom is growing in leaps and bounds!

Iran is not good. USA is not good either. I wonder what our kill count has been to Iran since our war on terror began?

If the growth towards free-speech and women's rights keeps going at this rate, Iran shall become more secular, more free, more like democracy.

"For most Iranians, the most reliable sources of information remain not Iranian but Western, and often American: Radio Farda, the Farsi-language service of Radio Liberty, funded by the U.S. congress and supervised by the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors; the BBC, with its new Farsi service; the Voice of America; and CNN, whenever the transmission can pierce the government filtering technology...

World Public Opinion poll found that 51 percent of Iranians hold a favorable opinion of Americans, a number consistent with other polls, meaning that Americans are more widely liked in Iran than anywhere else in the Middle East."

(That really speaks volumes, since America supports Iran's enemies)

"The U.S. favorability rating isn't even that high in U.S. allies
India or Turkey, and is two and half times as high as in Egypt.

Many Iranians regard the American ideal, at least as they perceive it, as a symbol of all they want their own society to be -- free, prosperous, "great" -- but isn't. Iranians I've encountered from all strata of society express an eagerness to exalt the country they have been conditioned to view as the "Great Satan." And yet, thousands of miles away, the vast majority of Americans are totally unaware of their Iranian admirers.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internationa...ns/258166/

Iranians who have been interviewed say such things as "I just love Americans".
kk.png

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Shi'a Islam is the majority religion in Iran, not Sunni. Has been for over 300 years. The Baha'is are a persecuted minority in Iran though.;)

Persecution of Bahá'ís - Wikipedia

Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia
I knew Iran was a Shiite country. Did you misread my post? That's why I'm fond of them.

That is disappointing to here about the Bahais there.

Jews have been persecuted there as well, but Jews are allowed FAR more freedom in Iran than any Sunni Arab nation that I know of

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I never saw a lot of clear meaning in the idea of supporting something so vague and abstract as a country.

We should support specific causes according to their merits, certainly. But "Iran" or "USA" are not causes. They are just very general ideas.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I never saw a lot of clear meaning in the idea of supporting something so vague and abstract as a country.

We should support specific causes according to their merits, certainly. But "Iran" or "USA" are not causes. They are just very general ideas.
I wonder if I'll be able to find anyone in California who wouldn't take a similar line as being "anti-American." (to some of them back in Indiana I might as well have pissed on the flag)

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I'm seeing as a general rule more good signs in Iran than so many other muslim-majority countries.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew Iran was a Shiite country. Did you misread my post? That's why I'm fond of them.

That is disappointing to here about the Bahais there.

Jews have been persecuted there as well, but Jews are allowed FAR more freedom in Iran than any Sunni Arab nation that I know of

I didn’t read your post properly but have done now. I’ve meet many Persians, both Muslims and Baha’is who are wonderful people. I understand it’s some of the religious leaders who contribute to Iran’s poor record of human rights abuses.

Human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One way to read "support" is to see it as ceasing needless
hostilities, and cooperating where good for all is served.

Countries might be viewed as "abstract", but they're also
a group of people who act as a unit, & can hold relationships
as such.....no mere collection of individuals.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I understand your point, but they're more than that. They're sets of laws, weapons, economic conglomerates, etc.

They're defineable and they act in different, measureable ways. They drive culture, to some degree, and impact (sometimes very directly) on communications, messaging and information.

They're not teams, and can't be construed as good or better yet, really, but just like businesses, they exist and are impactful...whether we wish they were or not!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I just don't know if the Iranian government is trustworthy enough to have a nuclear weapons program. I think they've threatened to erase Israel off the face of our planet, and if given a chance, they might covertly use a nuclear bomb against the state of Israel.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think Donald Trump is very out of line in his attacks against Iranian troops in Syria and yemen.

America is supporting the sunnis in their fight against Shiites in Yemen. Our bombs are blowing up school buses full of children. Just because we don't have troops there doesn't mean we aren't responsible.

Trump has nothing but negative things to say about Iran.

Im seeing what Americans did to Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, even Syria, and I'm not convinced that Americans are the "good guys."

Of course, there's good and bad guys on both sides. But America is responsible for the deaths of millions of people in the 21st century alone.

I'm growing more fond of Iran than I am of my own country. At least they're not screwing up the Middle East and North Africa as bad.

Granted I like Liberties America gives to their own people more than the Liberties Iran offers.

But America has killed far more people than Iran has in the 21st century.

Iranians actually admire us on average, according to interviews.

Yet, We paint them up to be such a bad nation and we support their enemies.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just don't know if the Iranian government is trustworthy enough to have a nuclear weapons program. I think they've threatened to erase Israel off the face of our planet, and if given a chance, they might covertly use a nuclear bomb against the state of Israel.
If they choose to do that, their Nation will be incinerated.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
If they choose to do that, their Nation will be incinerated.

Good point. They'd probably be like North Korea with nukes. All just for show and prestige. Israel probably wouldn't even let Iran get to the level of a nuclear power, just like how they didn't let Iraq get to that level. All's right with our beautiful world. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You always try to put one woman who's appearance you like in these posts?
Women are prettier than men imo, especially Persian women.

Queen Esther, my favorite hero in the Old Testament, lived in Iran.

Also, Iran is growing in Leaps and Bounds with how much liberties they give their women.

It still sucks for women in Iran, but it's amazing how much things have changed.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You always try to put one woman who's appearance you like in these posts?
thanks to a head injury from a fall and abuse of drug, my memory sort of sucks.

I didn't realize I put the same person in another post. Well, I guess it's okay those who haven't seen her before. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumi

I do like some aspects of culture having had some contact with it, and I think some people might appreciate your efforts. But I think you'd be better served if you described things in terms of what you like about them, instead of trying to present your view as a document / advertisement of them. I'd say the same for your views on various things in the wider middle-east.

I'm sorry about the head injury and understand the difficulties.

Kirran

Premium Member
Nuance, Pope! Different Sunni countries are so variable. Indonesia or Bangladesh is certainly more liberal than either Iran or KSA. You seem to take KSA as the standard for Sunni majority countries, when it isn't really.