• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allow me to introduce to you the Saudi food restaurant chain called Al Baik

roger1440

I do stuff
I'm afraid the bottleneck here is the people, not how fast the food is. Their numbers beat every food in a sprint!

Eating there in a lunch break? Forget it!
How long does it take to be served food from the moment a person gets on line? As for me, I go to the pizzeria next door to where I work. It borders the building I work in. I order a slice that is setting in the display window and tell the guy he doesn't have to warm it up. I'm in and out the door in about a minute. Most of the time I have my money in my hand before he rings it up.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If only. Liberals all but destroyed the great flavors and quality of food in the name of health and obesity.

Kfc used to be superb until they were forced to change the ingrediants years ago.

There must be a way to cover both flavor and quality, and health and obesity issues. There has to be one, I'm sure of it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
You know, when I travel, I try to have that countries' cuisine. Why travel to the other side of the planet just to have fried chicken and fries?

And a bread bun! Their bread buns are super tasty and fluffy.

Call me crazy (more than I already am), but I'd say it's worth it ;)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
How long does it take to be served food from the moment a person gets on line? As for me, I go to the pizzeria next door to where I work. It borders the building I work in. I order a slice that is setting in the display window and tell the guy he doesn't have to warm it up. I'm in and out the door in about a minute. Most of the time I have my money in my hand before he rings it up.

In normal days, typically no less than 10 minutes if the place is not crowded. And that's rare. In out of season rush hours, it takes up to 20-30 minutes, depending on the popularity of the branch, starting ordering ending with having the goods in your hands. Everyone drools in this waiting time. This is how good it is.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
This looks very much like a popular US restaurant chain called Chick-fil-A which is also a chicken specific food outlet, and the menu is surprisingly almost the same!

The only difference is they are a strick conservative Christian restaurant, they do not serve beef and are closed on religious days, but they also have the same chicken sandwich, wraps, nuggets and so on as Al Baik.

Like Al Baik, Chick-fil-A also gets huge crowds at times. I do not go, but it is well known in my area because the line of cars going to lunch or dinner at Chick-fil-A can get very long, I've been caught in the traffic.

Glad you have a place you like, and there is no question that American tourists would like Al Baik. My brother eats a lot of chicken (but no pork - but he loves halal and what is called "Mediterranean food" which really means Turk, Arab, Lebanese here in my area and not Greek), I know he would love your restaurant, are tourists allowed to go?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
This looks very much like a popular US restaurant chain called Chick-fil-A which is also a chicken specific food outlet, and the menu is surprisingly almost the same!

The only difference is they are a strick conservative Christian restaurant, they do not serve beef and are closed on religious days, but they also have the same chicken sandwich, wraps, nuggets and so on as Al Baik.

Like Al Baik, Chick-fil-A also gets huge crowds at times. I do not go, but it is well known in my area because the line of cars going to lunch or dinner at Chick-fil-A can get very long, I've been caught in the traffic.

Glad you have a place you like, and there is no question that American tourists would like Al Baik. My brother eats a lot of chicken (but no pork - but he loves halal and what is called "Mediterranean food" which really means Turk, Arab, Lebanese here in my area and not Greek), I know he would love your restaurant, are tourists allowed to go?

Yes, I'v been told about this Chick-fil-A before. But trust me, if they provide car drive-in service, then they either have extra huge branches or they don't compare with AL Baik at all. If Al Baik gets it, the whole hosting street would be jammed :p

Unfortunately tourist visa is only allowed to visit family or friends and have them as a sponsor. Why would anyone come here for tourism anyway? It's hot in the major cities most of the year. Mega malls are indeed an attraction, but the weather alone makes one consider it twice. Generally speaking, international tourism is not considered here for tourism in itself. But I heard they're working on it. Yeah, expect results after decades :p