• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allow Me to Introduce Myself.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
R784e038470aecd354c65bed427942eec
I beat you to it because I stocked up on the essentials last night. :D Bacon and eggs, the whole nine yards.
The grocery store was busier than usual... It looked kind of like it looks before we have a snowstorm except this is right before the big heat wave:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/06/24/pacific-northwest-heat-wave-historic/

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I'll introduce myself. I am a theistic Satanist and dark pagan who worships Lucifer, Loki, Sigyn,Angroboda, and Hel. But don't be scared I am very friendly. My pronouns are he/they I am nonbinary. I am autistic and proud. Any questions feel free to ask.
I have either Asperger's or am a high-functioning autistic person and my son is severely autistic and cannot talk at 33. Nice to know we have something in common!

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Peace be with you,

To be brief, I am a Catholic new member who goes by "Soul." I live a minimalist and frugal lifestyle, but most importantly, I strive daily to embrace the training required to persevere in living a charitable one, etc. A common activity I delight in is discussing history and religion/spirituality, etc.

Each soul is so different. Jesus alone understands perfectly the language of each and can interpret between them. May we try, before we interview or speak to anyone, to ask Him to act as interpreter between us. Amen.

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy hanging out with the diverse and eclectic membership here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why can't you go out? Okay, I just had to edit my post, I think you meant to say it's too hot here! I followed what you said on another thread about a heat wave hitting the Northwest!
Thanks for catching that, yet another one of my numerous typos! I just fixed it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why can't you go out? Okay, I just had to edit my post, I think you meant to say it's too hot here! I followed what you said on another thread about a heat wave hitting the Northwest!
I am going out to open up the car and move it to the shade under the trees because we have to go out later.
A heat wave here is like a snowstorm here.... Turn on your TV, it's all over the national news!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The abbreviation "Jm" is for the book of James.
Thank you because I know the abbreviation for James as Jas.
I like that you made reference to James 1:2-4. I'm fond of the writings of James.
Seems as if Peter too is fond of James by what Peter wrote at 1 Peter 1:6-7

Truthseeker

I am going out to open up the car and move it to the shade under the trees because we have to go out later.
A heat wave here is like a snowstorm here.... Turn on your TV, it's all over the national news!
So strange. The weather channel says highs of 96. 102, and 108 over the next three days in Seattle, while the Weather Network says highs of 91, 95, and 99 over the next three days!

Truthseeker

I actually hate functioning labels...heres why:
Why I hate functioning labels
I know autistic people cannot be put into a box, they are all distinctive from each other. I never knew I was autistic or had Asperger's until my son was born and was later diagnosed autistic. I have not been tested enough for me know whether I have autism or Asperger's. Greta Thunberg says she has Asperger's. Temple Grandin says she has autism. They were both tested when they were young, so it was probably easier to tell then. I have learned over time to be able to read people better, stuff like that. After all this time, who knows? But does it really matter? I am who I am. This has also been tangled up with attention deficit, which was worse when I was young. The reason that was never figured out then was because I didn't tell anybody that I didn't pay attention to teachers in class much at all. I didn't know how abnormal that was! I also have what they call generalized anxiety. They should have been able to figure that out, but it was missed. We have a case of not communicating by me, and people not noticing at the same time. I did see a psychiatrist when I was a teenager. I'm 70 now. I was diagnosed with attention deficit and generalized anxiety when I was bout 50 when I when through a thorough test. It was only sometime later on when I was formally placed on the spectrum. Before that, it was informally understood by my wife and I and a few others.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So strange. The weather channel says highs of 96. 102, and 108 over the next three days in Seattle, while the Weather Network says highs of 91, 95, and 99 over the next three days!
I sure wish the Weather Network was right but the local news weather forecast is in agreement with the Weather Channel so I think that is what it will be. Bear in mind that Seattle is generally about 10 degrees cooler than Olympia so 91, 95, and 99 could be correct for Seattle.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Peace be with you, ...

... Each soul is so different. Jesus alone understands perfectly the language of each and can interpret between them. May we try, before we interview or speak to anyone, to ask Him to act as interpreter between us. Amen.
Shalom and welcome.

And speaking of peace, I would mildly prefer it if you, a Catholic, didn't call on me, a Jew, to appeal to Jesus to serve as intermediary. It might better model your desire to seek peace rather than proselytize. :)

Soul

And with your spirit.
Welcome to RF.

(Btw.: The correct quote is "Please allow me to introduce myself.")

This thread title is not a "quote," rather an "expression," unless you think I am quoting someone specific, in which case I am not. Furthermore, the expressions "Allow me to introduce myself" and "Please allow me to introduce myself" are both correct in the English language, but the latter is formal.

Soul

Shalom and welcome.

And speaking of peace, I would mildly prefer it if you, a Catholic, didn't call on me, a Jew, to appeal to Jesus to serve as intermediary. It might better model your desire to seek peace rather than proselytize. :)

A "prayer" is not "proselytizing."