• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah the Evolver- Islam Agrees with Evolution?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Remember, I came from a pretty liberal moderate circle in Islam, so conservatives may see this differently. Does Islam support evolution as valid? I know that one of the names of Allah is- "Allah the Evolver". There's also a verse in the Quran, I don't recall where- "He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (Colors)."

Fatihah

Remember, I came from a pretty liberal moderate circle in Islam, so conservatives may see this differently. Does Islam support evolution as valid? I know that one of the names of Allah is- "Allah the Evolver". There's also a verse in the Quran, I don't recall where- "He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (Colors)."

Response: Certain aspects of evolving and evolution is supported by islam. A boy evolving into a man is evolution supported by islam. But a species evolving into another different species is not.

Rainbow Mage

A species evolving into another species? I've yet to see evolution teach that :)

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Sendejem, you're going to get nowhere with him. I've seen his posts before; it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. Just give it up now.

Rainbow Mage

Where does evolution teach another specie evolved from a prior one. Can you please point this out to me?

Fatihah

Where does evolution teach another specie evolved from a prior one. Can you please point this out to me?

Response: Well, I don't have any interest in debating what's in a theory in which I don't agree with. I also am unfortunately on this site through my mobile phone, so my ability to provide a link for you is not possible. However, since you have stated that you have not seen evolution teach that a species evolves from a prior one, this would mean that you've seen something else. So if you are able to show what you have seen, I'll be able to show from your own seeing that it does teach of a species evolving from another.

Rainbow Mage

Well I've heard evolution put forth that one specie has progressively evolved over time, changing appearance, body anatomy, etc. I haven't heard anything like us evolving from apes.

Fatihah

Well I've heard evolution put forth that one specie has progressively evolved over time, changing appearance, body anatomy, etc. I haven't heard anything like us evolving from apes.

Response: Well, I was not suggesting that we evolved from apes, though I did use to believe that as a child until it was fully explained to me otherwise as I got older. This may be a help to you. You can look up the term "speciation", which may better explain.

neves

Evolution does not contradict Islamic beliefs... God does thing anyway he pleases and we only know what he reveals to us... there are many thing that we don't know about God and the way he works... so I don't know if evolution is 100% right... but to me it does not matter how God creates...

Sahar

Islam has no problem with evolution theory yet creation of Adam is a different story, "He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay,
And made his progeny from a quintessence of the nature of a fluid despised:
But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!
" Qur'an

Rael

Musician
If one says that Allah is perfect, how can he create imperfection. Isnt that agaisnt his own perfection? If something evolves that means its still growing, still rising to become perfect. If something has the posibility to evolve, then it already isnt perfect. So, how is it that a perfect God creates an imperfect world, that seems to be against his own perfection? Just a question.

When I look at this world I think that the creater, if there is one, must be imperfect or that there isnt one. Or, that it is already perfect but we havent opened our eyes to it yet.

gnostic

The Lost One
neves said:
Evolution does not contradict Islamic beliefs... God does thing anyway he pleases and we only know what he reveals to us... there are many thing that we don't know about God and the way he works...
A very honest answer.

Too many Muslims (and Christians) claim to know things that they don't understand (such as science) and make bogus claims on what the Qur'an (or even the Bible) reveals. God doesn't reveal everything in the Qur'an or any other scriptures for that matter (eg Bible, Torah). No scripture reveal everything to know about God, eg. personality, or what goes on in his heavenly realm. And yet many claims to know more than what are revealed through conjectures. And even those that are reveal in one or more scriptures are subjected to interpretations.

The Qur'an (as well as other scriptures) is and will never be science book, and doesn't reveal the mechanic or the inner knowledge of nature (such as reproduction, anatomy, medicine, volcano, deep space and galaxy) or the artificial world (such as automobile engineering, computers).

And for Neves to honestly acknowledge that the Qur'an is limited in that way (referring to what it reveal), shows promises and high hopes that the Muslims are not ignorant braggarts. That some mysteries are not given in the scripture, but can be learned through by using brains and learning patience in education.

gnostic

The Lost One
not4me said:
Islam has no problem with evolution theory yet creation of Adam is a different story, "He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay,
And made his progeny from a quintessence of the nature of a fluid despised:
But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!
" Qur'an

The problem with creation of Adam it uses and follow the same creation myths from the ancient Sumerian and in Old Babylonian texts.

And science, especially in human anatomy, medicine, and other areas relating to the studies of the human bodies (eg foresenic science), showed that are no clay molecules (silicates) in our bodies (or for that matter in the bodies of every known animals).

(Please, do not confused molecules and elements. Some silly Muslims in the past, blurred the distinctions in order to fit the science into their scriptures.)

We and all the animals that existed are carbon-based life-forms, not silicon-based. And silicons (more precisely the molecules - silicates) are the most basic elements of the clay, formed by wearing of rocks and sands. Though there are tiny trace of silicon (0.002% of silicon in the human body) in the human body, they don't form clay molecules (again, silicates).